Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    3/4 lb isn't that much MadwithMoney especially if it's TOTM. My weight can vary a lot more than that with my hormones.
    If you've been good it will show, even if you have to wait a week for it.
    Zebras rock
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done to all the losers - especially Kathrynha - 4.5lb is fab!

Last nights tea ended up being steamed smoked haddock, butterbean mash and veg. So syn free, but I did sneak a Titan bar which was 8.5 syns :(

Todays plan is :

B : Cup of tea (HEA)
    Elevenses : 2 Hifi bars (HEB) Had them before ten :o
    L: SW quiche & salad, Melon Strawberries & FF Yog
    D: Not sure yet but I will try for syn free

However, I'm not feeling very well this week (bad chest) and I'm really hungry. Weigh in tomorrow so I need to stay on track :D
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Well done Kathryn, Madwithmoney and Tulip.

It's been 12 days since I started using the pedometer app and I've increased the number of steps every day since then, I started on just over 1000 and yesterday I did 2500. I'm also going to meet the WW target of 19 activity points tomorrow, a day early, so I'll have some extra points for a treat on weigh in day. :D
    Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    Last nights tea ended up being steamed smoked haddock, butterbean mash and veg. So syn free, but I did sneak a Titan bar which was 8.5 syns :(
    Your meal would fit an SP day, was that your intention?

Catch you later,

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T on your pound loss tulip.

joedenise wrote: »
    No other syns planned. If I can manage to stick to this I'll just be within syns by 0.5:rotfl:; it'll be a total of 104.5 for the week!

Denise

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:That's excellent. Seems a shame that you're not going to WI after that feat.
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    It's been 12 days since I started using the pedometer app and I've increased the number of steps every day since then, I started on just over 1000 and yesterday I did 2500. I'm also going to meet the WW target of 19 activity points tomorrow, a day early, so I'll have some extra points for a treat on weigh in day. :D

That's a good thing lois. WW must have worked out that people like a treat on WI days, gives you something to work for. You've done ever so well to up your steps. Are you managing any 'fun' walks or is it all in the course of work?

I'm with you on the chip shop batter kathrynha provided it's crisp and fresh although I don't always eat it all. I also love mushy peas though. That reminds me, since greentiger flagged it up I've been watching the Eat the Week with Iceland programme. Like all these shows it has some good recipes and others I wouldn't bother with but it's worth a look. What I found odd this week (programme aimed at busy families) is that he faffed about making home made mushy peas when it's so easy to open a tin from Aldi!:D What I might do is try tarting them up with mint sauce and/or onion as he did.

Not sure what I'm doing about lunch today. I need to go into the city centre so may grab a salad there otherwise I'll have to dig around and see what I can find, maybe sardines and some pickles.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, fried egg, baked beans, HEA milk for drinks
    L:tbc
    D: chicken tray bake (peppers, cauli, onions, cabbage, garlic) with new potatoes and asparagus
    Syns: none planned
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »

Your meal would fit an SP day, was that your intention?

Catch you later,

LL :)

Umm - I'm not really sure. I tend to stick to EE days because I cannot remember what the rules were for red and green. SP is a new one on me (I must read the book:o)
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 May 2017 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    Umm - I'm not really sure. I tend to stick to EE days because I cannot remember what the rules were for red and green. SP is a new one on me (I must read the book:o)

Put very briefly SP is like EE without carbs so 50:50. You also get another HEX but can't remember which. It's meant to speed up weightloss but even the odd carb free meal is helpful.
    ETA: No free food allowed.
    I had sardines, tomatoes and pickled cabbage for lunch could have done with leaves but didn't have any and didn't want to syn toast. So that's a SP meal for me.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Put very briefly SP is like EE without carbs so 50:50. You also get another HEX but can't remember which. It's meant to speed up weightloss but even the odd carb free meal is helpful.
    ETA: No free food allowed.
    I had sardines, tomatoes and pickled cabbage for lunch could have done with leaves but didn't have any and didn't want to syn toast. So that's a SP meal for me.

It's an extra healthy B
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done Tulip:T:T

Sorry for your gan Mad with Money, although you will soon shift that;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Message for bubbs . I give up with elite cant post keep getting timed out :mad:

Looking forward to Europa Cup Final :j:j:j

Well done on all the losses hope I am on the list on Sunday :D
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done, kathrynha (superb!)

Hope you enjoy the match, tweets.

What a lovely day it has turned out to be! Not the best foodwise today, although I think I did ok when I was out for lunch – for a change!

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: beans on hexb toast (4)
    Lunch: Piri Piri Chicken Fillet –with salad garnish & savoury spicy rice (nom nom)
    Snack: 2 digestive biscuits with jam (8)
    Dinner: hexb roll with fried egg and square sausage (5)
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes
    Total: 17 syns

Oh, and I’m claiming a wee NSV. I went into a caf! late afternoon – and then I thought, “Nah, I don’t really need/want(!!!!) this, and walked out!

Roll on tomorrow.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family