Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just a quick question - this is my first week as a target member. Do you go straight to the WI desk, or do you have to go through the pay desk first (even though I won't be paying). I don't see what the other target members do and feel a bit daft asking at group. :rotfl:

When I was helping take payments the other week, the target members came to the pay desk, same as the countdown people who also don't hand over any money most weeks.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on getting to target! Now to stay there.

Kathryn beat me to it! Yes, just go to the pay desk same as usual; really it's just to register that you are at group unless when you weigh you've gone out of target and then you get the embarrassment of returning to the pay desk to pay! You do at least get a week's grace if you do go out of target to get back in. Obviously that doesn't apply to you but it could down the line so it's best to be prepared for that walk of shame (at least that's how I felt).

Denise
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »

Kathryn beat me to it! Yes, just go to the pay desk same as usual; really it's just to register that you are at group unless when you weigh you've gone out of target and then you get the embarrassment of returning to the pay desk to pay! You do at least get a week's grace if you do go out of target to get back in. Obviously that doesn't apply to you but it could down the line so it's best to be prepared for that walk of shame (at least that's how I felt).

Denise

Yes I've seen that message when I've been on the WI desk and a target member hasn't got back into their range and has to return to the pay desk.

Thank you for your replies.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »

Denise

Yep - I've done the walk of shame several times. Its horrible, but they don't make you feel bad - its all in my head.

WI day for me but also a hungry day. :o I've already eaten a banana with some Aldi FF Natural Yog (don't usually have brek) & I'm hoping that carries me through to lunch.

I'm not feeling hopeful this week despite being good on the food front. I've been quite unwell & have been a proper couch potato.
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, this isn't going well!

Anyone ever done SW pregnant?

All I want at the moment are pies, sausage rolls and Freddo faces :o

Decided that as this is my first week of knowing, I should probably give myself a pass to get used to it, but going forward, I really need to put the brakes on.

All tips welcomed!

Won't be putting my meals up this week as you'll only ban me ;)
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    We are staying in a holiday cottage, so self catering, which means I am in control, although won't be perfect the whole time.
    Can't go to the seaside and not have fish and chips and ice cream, although I'm not allowed chips, so save myself 14 syns there (might nick one chip off my daughter), and not allowed ice cream, so that forces me to have an ice lolly instead, and I believe Calippo's are only around 5 syns.

My top tip for fish and chips when on plan is to take the bottom half of batter off. You still get the taste, it looks like you've still got full batter (and we all know the look is half the battle) and you can have it well within your daily syns then :)
  • chocolateteddy
    Options
    Total surprise 1/2 lb loss considering i wasn't good this week went over on syns everday since monday but meals were sw friendly. So pulling myself together and going for a good week this week.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hello one and all,

I'm afraid it all went to pot here for one reason and another the last few weeks.

I feel mentally ready to tackle everything now but baby steps.

I've managed to really up my walking/activity levels and now regularly clock in over 8 thousand steps a day (previously 6k or less!) and I've found some really nice, but cheap, squash to have at work so today already smashing my fluid intake and the plan is to continue that whilst it's hot

then I've bought a huge salad for lunch and its chicken salad for tea tonight. syns for reduced fat coleslaw and a slice of bread

really feel ready to make a plan and do it...but I think it's the plan and the accountability I'm struggling without. not sure how to work with that apart from go back to group but I'm finally joining the gym next week so can't afford both :/
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everybody, this is my Friday menu plan,

Breakfast .porridge, A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. vegetable soup, bread 6 syns

Dinner.. chicken B s/w chips, garden peas. Tomato.

Extra f f yoghurt. A milk pear.
    6 syns.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Top Girl - no-one gets banned on here! We're here to help support you every step of the way. Once you've got used to the idea of being pregnant I'm sure things will settle down and you'll get back into the swing of SW!

Welcome back LLS. Had noticed you haven't been posting but glad your head is in the right place again. You can do it!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport