Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done Saverupper and Bubbs for SOTW. :T. I'm sure I typed that last night but if I did it's disappeared.
    bubbs wrote: »
    Tesco Pineapple, Perfectly Ripe Mango , Flat Peaches , Apricots 320G & Jersey Royal Potatoes 450G ( From Wednesday) 49p @ Tesco:T:T

Thanks for the tip Bubbs, I love flat peaches and apricots, I've been looking forward to peaches and nectarines being in season again. I'm not a Tesco shopper as a rule but I was planning to go there soon for stationery.

DH and I went shopping to the big Morrisons in town and I didn't get half the things I needed, I'm going to have to do a top up shop in the local small one, which is currently undergoing alterations but they still manage to maintain stock levels.

Saverupper - sorry to hear about the change of consultant again, it's not very good continuity for you. I'm not aware of a required class size, however the 3 I've been to are all huge. That's not a positive thing IMO, as it takes such a long time for everyone to pay and be weighed and then going round the room with everyone who stays... Last time I went I had to leave before the end as I would have exceeded the 2 hours I'd paid for in the car park.

Back tomorrow,

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    4.5 offfor me tonight. Very happy with that. My hard work this week has paid off
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Evening everyone

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done Saverupper and Bubbs for SOTW. :T. I'm sure I typed that last night but if I did it's disappeared.

Thanks for the tip Bubbs, I love flat peaches and apricots, I've been looking forward to peaches and nectarines being in season again. I'm not a Tesco shopper as a rule but I was planning to go there soon for stationery.

DH and I went shopping to the big Morrisons in town and I didn't get half the things I needed, I'm going to have to do a top up shop in the local small one, which is currently undergoing alterations but they still manage to maintain stock levels.

Saverupper - sorry to hear about the change of consultant again, it's not very good continuity for you. I'm not aware of a required class size, however the 3 I've been to are all huge. That's not a positive thing IMO, as it takes such a long time for everyone to pay and be weighed and then going round the room with everyone who stays... Last time I went I had to leave before the end as I would have exceeded the 2 hours I'd paid for in the car park.

Back tomorrow,

LL :)
    Your welcome:D
    kathrynha wrote: »
    4.5 offfor me tonight. Very happy with that. My hard work this week has paid off

:T:T:T:T well done:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 May 2017 at 10:45PM
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts on class sizes.SInce I started going to group (march 2011),we have had 6 different consultants that I can name,but a couple of years ago there was a period where we had about 3 consultants taking it in turns with us for about 6 months.Plus reliefs when a consultant is sick,or on hols.And it really does throw me.
    Our group usually has about 20people stay,which is quite a good number,considering how out of the city we are.There is always more that weigh and go.These numbers have never really been any different.Wonder if they are all getting the boot because numbers aren't increasing.Nuisance.
    Today's menu:
    Breakfast: bacon,eggs,tomatoes,spinach,baked beans

Lunch: leftover lamb,roast parsnips and roast butternut squash,followed by a pear

Tea: honey soy sauce chicken(3 syns),cous cous,carrot,broccolli,tiny amount of sweetcorn (all cooked by 10yo daughter for her cooking badge in Cubs :))

Dessert,because it needed to be a 2-course meal to get the badge :D,was fruit salad-peach,strawberries,raspberries,pear,apricots,apple,cress (:eek:)

Snack: chocolste rice cakes 3.5 syns

HEB: 2 hifi bars

HEA has been skimmed milk in cups of tea.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Happy? You should be ecstatic! :T

I haven't had my full extra HEXs but I had a taste of camembert and 1 Aldi Benefit bar so something to be said for Green days.

Welcome Unlucky T:)
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pound loss for me this week ☺
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Tulip wrote: »
    Pound loss for me this week ☺

Well done :j

maman wrote: »
    Happy? You should be ecstatic! :T

I am. After a month and a half of not much progress with the weight, I feel like I am properly back on track now.

Now just need to not screw up with a long weekend away :o

I had been planning off plan food for the weekend away, but now I'm rethinking it. It is the family time and activities that are important, not the food.
    We are staying in a holiday cottage, so self catering, which means I am in control, although won't be perfect the whole time.
    Can't go to the seaside and not have fish and chips and ice cream, although I'm not allowed chips, so save myself 14 syns there (might nick one chip off my daughter), and not allowed ice cream, so that forces me to have an ice lolly instead, and I believe Calippo's are only around 5 syns.

Anyway, back to today's plan
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - prawn salad
    Dinner - shepherds pie, with veg mash
    Snacks - strawberries, mini SW quiches, quavers, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - Aldi quavers (3)
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We are staying in a holiday cottage, so self catering, which means I am in control, although won't be perfect the whole time.
    Can't go to the seaside and not have fish and chips and ice cream, although I'm not allowed chips, so save myself 14 syns there (might nick one chip off my daughter), and not allowed ice cream, so that forces me to have an ice lolly instead, and I believe Calippo's are only around 5 syns.

Well done kathryn - 4.5lb is absolutely brilliant!

You seem to have worked things out for your long weekend away. It's always much easier when you're the cook:D.

At least you can save yourself the syns of chips and ice cream! I don't know how you feel about the batter but I never eat it - can't stand the greasiness of it, even when it's been well drained it still tastes greasy to me. If you can manage to not eat then the fish will be Free anyway:T; what about some mushy peas and/or pickled onion/gherkin to have with it? It would all be Free then and only the ice lolly to syn.

I've changed my menu plan for today and swapping it for what I had planned for tomorrow as don't think DH would appreciate Green days 2 days running, LOL:rotfl:. As I'm not going to group it doesn't have to be a portable breakfast!

B - mixed fruit; quark
    L - roasted veg couscous (have just roasted some veg for it!)
    D - butcher's low fat burger (0.5); WM roll (HEB); lettuce, tomato, gherkin. May even do some chips:D

HEA - milk in tea
    HEB - WM roll
    Syns - burger 0.5

No other syns planned. If I can manage to stick to this I'll just be within syns by 0.5:rotfl:; it'll be a total of 104.5 for the week!

Denise
  • kathrynha
    Options
    The batter is the best bit Denise, and mushy peas are just wrong. If there is tons of batter I might not eat it all though. Also if we eat it in a restaurant there might be other healthier options.

The plan is Breakfast and Dinner at the cottage, so only lunch out, and at least 1 lunch will be a picnic, and as my daughter loves SW quiche, that can be nice and healthy.

Also will be walking lots, so will burn off some calories, and if I'm good till I go, and good as soon as I get back, I'm sure I will be fine.
    Zebras rock
  • Mad_with_money
    Options
    A www 3/4lb gain for me this week. I didn't have a bad week but did share a bottle of wine with hubby that wasn't planned for and its that TOTM so fingers crossed it all disappears again this week.:cool:

Well done to all the losers :beer: x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport