Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all ,
    Thoughts with all those caught up in Manchester , also thoughts to the emergency services that do a fantastic job in times of such sorrow.
    Thanks everyone:D

Well said bubbs. I've been thinking today how wrong our priorities are. We have a society that celebrates footballers and reality TV stars and gives ridiculous rewards to bankers and the like while people in the NHS get pilloried by Mr Hunt et al.:mad:

Does jumping up and down on a soapbox count as Body Magic?:o

How was the soup denise?

I've prepped my dinner and added some courgette slices to go in with the chips and some asparagus as I bought some 'wonky' yesterday. So dinner will be egg, chips, mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus and courgettes. I realised it's an accidental Green day. As I'm having dinner early because I'm out dancing later I could have a snack when I get home. Maybe camembert on a couple of melba toasts. That would only be a few syns or a pretend HEB.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The soup turned out lovely. I fried off an onion and some spices (should have added more than I did as it wasn't as spicy as I'd have liked), then added some water, a veg stockpot, the carrot mash & beans and a couple of handfuls of lentils to help thicken it. Brought to the boil, simmered for about 20 minutes to make sure the lentils were cooked.

Once cooled I poured it into the liquidiser and gave it a good wizz. Reheated. Even DH said it was really nice!

It made enough for another lunch for both of us so has now been bagged up and into the freezer.

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well i have just had gammon with salad, mushrooms and egg, DH said what you got there half a pig?:eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, this will be my Wednesday's plan.....

Breakfast. cottage cheese on toast B strawberries blueberries.

Lunch. Pea and ham soup petit pain 6 syns pear, melon

Dinner.. bacon egg and s/w chips tomato, beetroot. Melon.

Extra f f yoghurt. Gullon chocolate wafer, 3 syns. a for Milk in brews.
    9 syns.
  • UnluckyT
    UnluckyT Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    hello all.
    can I join please.
    been at slimming world since November and managed to loose 2 stone 1 pound so far.
  • bubbs
    Options
    UnluckyT wrote: »
    hello all.
    can I join please.
    been at slimming world since November and managed to loose 2 stone 1 pound so far.

Hello and welcome:D
    Well done on your loss so far:T:T
    In my wisdom i thought i would put a muller light in the freeer, thought it would taste like ice cream:rotfl: its a bit "icy" IYKWIM?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Tesco Pineapple, Perfectly Ripe Mango , Flat Peaches , Apricots 320G & Jersey Royal Potatoes 450G ( From Wednesday) 49p @ Tesco:T:T
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well said bubbs. I've been thinking today how wrong our priorities are. We have a society that celebrates footballers and reality TV stars and gives ridiculous rewards to bankers and the like while people in the NHS get pilloried by Mr Hunt et al.

Congrats, Saver-upper and bubbs on being SOTWs.

Well done, Starry.eyed (fab loss), Saver-upper and shiprob.

Welcome, UnluckyT. You’ve done really well already.

Thanks for the Tesco offers info, bubbs.

Today’s menu wasn’t the best, but I’m happy just the same.

Pre-Breakfast:banana
    Breakfast: hexb muesli, mango, pineapple, strawberries & Skyr ff yogurt
    Snack: 2 ginger nuts (4)
    Lunch: couscous, yellow pepper, mushrooms, hexa feta cheese and ff vinaigrette, apple
    Snack: Tunnocks teacake (5)
    Dinner: steak pie (? – yes I did eat pastry), broccoli, carrots and potatoes, meringue nest (2½) & lots of fruit salad (mango, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, cherries, brambles)
    Snack: salted caramel HiFi bar (3)
    Total: 12½+
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh thanks BUBBS! That's a fab selection. Trip to Tescos I think...
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • bubbs
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Well said bubbs. I've been thinking today how wrong our priorities are. We have a society that celebrates footballers and reality TV stars and gives ridiculous rewards to bankers and the like while people in the NHS get pilloried by Mr Hunt et al.

Congrats, Saver-upper and bubbs on being SOTWs.

Well done, Starry.eyed (fab loss), Saver-upper and shiprob.

Welcome, UnluckyT. You’ve done really well already.

Thanks for the Tesco offers info, bubbs.

Today’s menu wasn’t the best, but I’m happy just the same.

Pre-Breakfast:banana
    Breakfast: hexb muesli, mango, pineapple, strawberries & Skyr ff yogurt
    Snack: 2 ginger nuts (4)
    Lunch: couscous, yellow pepper, mushrooms, hexa feta cheese and ff vinaigrette, apple
    Snack: Tunnocks teacake (5)
    Dinner: steak pie (? – yes I did eat pastry), broccoli, carrots and potatoes, meringue nest (2½) & lots of fruit salad (mango, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, cherries, brambles)
    Snack: salted caramel HiFi bar (3)
    Total: 12½+
    Ooh thanks BUBBS! That's a fab selection. Trip to Tescos I think...
    You are both welcome, i forgot to post the peaches and nectarines and forgot myself till today when the offer was finishing:mad: but managed to get one lot of each today and the nectarines were delicious
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure