Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone

A gain for me last week not surprising really as it was TOTM so I wanted to eat everything in the kitchen (and did for the most part :o) This week has been quite decent food-wise although I had a few too many wine syns yesterday as my footy team got promoted back to the premier league as champions :D:D (by the skin of our teeth mind but nevertheless :beer:)

So after last week's gain I'm trying to be extra angelic :A I have an outfit that I'm planning on wearing in 2 weeks time that's just that bit too tight and uncomfortable so I've hung it on my wardrobe door and took a pic of it and stuck it on the fridge to remind me not to pig out! It's also on my lock screen on my phone so I can't escape it!

Today's food:

B - porridge with apple & honey (2 syns I think for 1 tsp?)
    L - BNS soup with a couple of ryvita (2 syns)
    T - asda RF sausages (either half a syn or 1 depending on how hungry I am :D), mash and veg

Had a latte earlier for 6 syns too, I needed warming up

That tomato and spinach pasta sounds yum, I'll have to give that a go.

Have a good day everyone
    x
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tweets, square sausage is the biz! Ha ha, just saw your post, beanie; great minds think alike! Yes, Denise, indeed it is sometimes called Lorne sausage. Heck not my favourite, Saver-upper. I prefer a good steak version.

Thinking about you, Tete, with your injury woes compounded with mental trauma brought on by footy!

Well done, Whiplashy and orlao.

Talking of lamb shanks, did anyone see the cookery programme “Eat the Week with Iceland”. He did lamb shanks. The recipe is not on the site but I think it’s about the first in the programme. I quite enjoyed the show.

NO TOTM for me any more, candyapple, but I was inhaling everything in sight over the last few days, resulting in a 1.2lb gain. Thoroughly deserved. Had to go to Falkirk after taking grandson to school and queue for play off tickets this morning and I had had no breakfast (no bananas left for my pre breakfast either), so I had a couple of wee pancakes with blue berries and a splash of maple syrup with a cuppa in Tesco before I did some shopping. Counting 7 syns.

Off out to pick the boy up now! Taking a hifi bar with me.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • gingerfurball
    gingerfurball Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm another one who joined the challenge and then toddled off!! I'm back now - can't check in over the weekends much. WI at home and (on very honest scales) and I'm happy with a 2 lb loss

Long may it continue...

Food today...
    B: two boiled eggs and an orange
    L: big salad with lettuce, ham, chicken, peppers, an egg, tomatoes, sweetcorn and pickles and cheese (HEa)
    D: salmon fillets, carrots, peas, green beans, cauliflower and maybe mash

Will have a glass of wine as well (this is how my syns go lol!)

I'm starting a C25K tonight (I'm really happy to be starting but just a little embarrassed as I used to run a lot - I've completed 6 marathons and 10 half marathons...and I'm literally starting from scratch again...ah well - onwards and upwards!!)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Wiz I'm the same with sausages (and meatballs) - there are always too many gristly bits in them to enjoy them. Ive started just getting the free Linda Mc ones now but even then don't have them often.

Maman I always just use dried versions of herbs called for in a recipe - far too expensive otherwise. Though I have just planted a few with plans to have a little herb garden on the kitchen windowsill so watch this space.

Felt terrible in bed this morning and it took me a long time to get going but now that I'm up and about I don't feel too bad. Yoga tonight so that should sort me out a bit.

Today:
    B - Banana, FF nat yog, passion fruit
    D - Wetherspoons Shanghai noodles (3 - but does that include the chicken? I've logged 5 in case of any oil on the chicken), diet cola
    T - SW recipe jerk turkey casserole with red onion, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, and cherry tomatoes
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Alpen lights
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (2), noodles as above (5), casserole (1), hot choc (2) = 10

I'm sticking the casserole in the SC for six hours even though the recipe says normal oven for 1.5-2 hours, so hope it's ok!

Hope Monday is treating everyone well! I'm feeling hungry and disgruntled but strong-willed :A

EDIT - Ooh GFB, good luck with the C25K! I'm told there's such a muscle memory so maybe it won't be as bad as you think (not sure about 'lung memory' though!)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, lamb shanks people, just realised it was lamb chops!

Congrats, gfb.

Since I was on earlier, I have been pretty well behaved.
    Snack: salted caramel hi fi bar (3)
    Dinner: chicken kebabs (marinated chicken, red & yellow peppers, red onion), with SW chips and a dip (ff nat yogurt, cucumber, mint, lemon juice, tomato), followed by ½ apple and ½ pear, sprinkled with cinnamon
    Snack: hexb toast, hexa cheese, tomato and onion
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • emmaprice84
    Options
    I'm brand new to the forums so I hope this works! 😃 6 weeks into slimming world and maintained this week so this will hopefully give me a kick up the bum! I would love a 14lb loss over 9 weeks!!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thought it was you northerners that ate it:p:rotfl::rotfl:

Not this Northerner sausages here are not square I have never seen the square ones sold here .

Todays menu :)

Dinner: egg mayo butty with peas and sweetcorn.
    pieces pineapple

Tea: SW sausage casserole with sweetcorn and sprouts

Half bag shared with our Poppy pom bears :D

Coffee with semi skimmed milk

Water
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Square sausage is the business :)
    Here you go,tweets:
    https://www.heckfood.co.uk/product/fair-and-square-97-sausages

Have had a good day today.Did the biggest grocery shop in the world today :eek:.when the kids got home they said it looked like Christmas :D.I carried around my food directory (hidden,since I had one stolen from a shopping trolley a few years ago icon_rolleyes.gif),and referred to it often.

Breakfast: honeydew melon

Lunch: cold pork,hard-boiled eggs,plum tomatoes,beetroot,mange tout,red pepper,carrots.
    Followed by a pear

For tea,what I had been going to have was some lamb with roast veg.But I went to bed to read a book about 6pm,and woke up at 8.30pm.I did actually start getting out veg to parboil then roast (cook in my oven in about 30 min),but then I realised how silly that was at that hour of night.Instead I googled for a recipe using spinach in a pasta.Was determined to eat more speed.I found this recipe:
    https://hurrythefoodup.com/easy-tomato-spinach-pasta/

I omitted basil (didn't have),used chilli flakes instead of red pepper flakes (not sure what they are,actually),and didn't add the cheese (syns).Apart from that,I followed the recipe to the letter :rotfl::rotfl:
    So tea contained onion,garlic,tomato,spinach as speed.And it was nice.Didn't taste like it was "missing" anything,despite messing round with the recipe,though of course I don't really know what it should have tasted like.

Snack: 2 Hi-fi bars (HEB)
    HEA:milk (not alot of it,actually),used in cups of tea.

Weigh-in tomorrow evening.It will be interesting to see how I go,considering the 2 evening meals I had this weekend.
    greentiger wrote: »
    Tweets, square sausage is the biz! Ha ha, just saw your post, beanie; great minds think alike! Yes, Denise, indeed it is sometimes called Lorne sausage. Heck not my favourite, Saver-upper. I prefer a good steak version.

Thinking about you, Tete, with your injury woes compounded with mental trauma brought on by footy!

Well done, Whiplashy and orlao.

Talking of lamb shanks, did anyone see the cookery programme “Eat the Week with Iceland”. He did lamb shanks. The recipe is not on the site but I think it’s about the first in the programme. I quite enjoyed the show.

NO TOTM for me any more, candyapple, but I was inhaling everything in sight over the last few days, resulting in a 1.2lb gain. Thoroughly deserved. Had to go to Falkirk after taking grandson to school and queue for play off tickets this morning and I had had no breakfast (no bananas left for my pre breakfast either), so I had a couple of wee pancakes with blue berries and a splash of maple syrup with a cuppa in Tesco before I did some shopping. Counting 7 syns.

Off out to pick the boy up now! Taking a hifi bar with me.

Think I gave it a miss like I do haggis and black pudding rather have a[STRIKE] cream cake :eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: [/STRIKE] yoghurt :j
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,573 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Sorry, lamb shanks people, just realised it was lamb chops!

Thought I was going mad for a while! Had another look at on demand and couldn't find anything and was certain I hadn't seen him cook lamb shanks! Have noticed the only recipes included on line were those that used the Iceland products so the lamb chops aren't there because they were fresh ones!

Denise
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After a slight blip last week, I felt a bit more confident of a loss tonight.
    I lost 3 1/2 lbs.
    I am thrilled after just 18 weeks to be 3 3/4 stone lighter:rotfl:
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts