We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Arkers wrote: »
    ....Creeps in MIA. After a fortnight away 7.5lbs on. It was so bad that the trousers I was wearing to travel wouldn't fit!!!

Arkers x

You was on holiday, next week is a new week:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

I posted this morning and lost it - anyway1.5lb off for me this week. Pleased with that but I don't think I've any chance of reaching my 10lb target for the end of the challenge. Definitely a tortoise rather than a hare! I had a tummy bug one day this week and lived on toast and biscuits for 24 hours so thought I might have jinxed any loss. Don't plan to do that again as I won't get away with it twice!

I am now the lightest weight I have been in some years and I have to say it hasn't been hard - I don't feel deprived or hungry, my diet overall is much healthier and my achey knees have all but gone. I'm comfortably a dress size smaller than I was at the start - which has taken 6 months and just about 2 stone. I've never believed the celebs who lose 7 lbs and claim to be 3 sizes smaller! I need to think about exercise once term's over and granny duties stop for the summer. Told OH I was considering a bike - having seen me on a bike he just laughed. I'll show him.....

Well done to the hares on the thread, hope your brilliant progress continues, keep going fellow tortoises,and commiserations to those still trying.
  • bubbs
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone.

I posted this morning and lost it - anyway1.5lb off for me this week. Pleased with that but I don't think I've any chance of reaching my 10lb target for the end of the challenge. Definitely a tortoise rather than a hare! I had a tummy bug one day this week and lived on toast and biscuits for 24 hours so thought I might have jinxed any loss. Don't plan to do that again as I won't get away with it twice!

I am now the lightest weight I have been in some years and I have to say it hasn't been hard - I don't feel deprived or hungry, my diet overall is much healthier and my achey knees have all but gone. I'm comfortably a dress size smaller than I was at the start - which has taken 6 months and just about 2 stone. I've never believed the celebs who lose 7 lbs and claim to be 3 sizes smaller! I need to think about exercise once term's over and granny duties stop for the summer. Told OH I was considering a bike - having seen me on a bike he just laughed. I'll show him.....

Well done to the hares on the thread, hope your brilliant progress continues, keep going fellow tortoises,and commiserations to those still trying.

Well done:T:T:T I didnt think i would make challenge this time said that last weekend but this weeks surprise 4lb has helped so i might manage it now.
    I bought a new dress for a wedding 2 weeks ago and it was the same size:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all, well done to all the losers, and hugs to anyone that needs one. Glad that the heat hasn't been so ferocious today thank goodness, hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight.
    Weigh in today and a 1.5lb loss , also got my club 10 which was amazing.
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone, just posting my Saturday menu plan...

Breakfast.. special K A/B. Raspberries.

Lunch..cheese A on toast 6 syns with an egg on top, salad. Clementine.

Dinner..gammon B. Garden peas tomatoes, new potatoes, beetroot.

Extra.. f f yoghurt, 2 crispbreads / butter 5 syns jelly 0.5 syns . Anchor light cream 3 syns.
    14.05 syns.

Oh and Bubbs, my feet and ankles aren't too bad, it's my belly that's swollen. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Evening all, well done to all the losers, and hugs to anyone that needs one. Glad that the heat hasn't been so ferocious today thank goodness, hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight.
    Weigh in today and a 1.5lb loss , also got my club 10 which was amazing.
    Well done:T:T been lots cooler today:j
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone, just posting my Saturday menu plan...

Breakfast.. special K A/B. Raspberries.

Lunch..cheese A on toast 6 syns with an egg on top, salad. Clementine.

Dinner..gammon B. Garden peas tomatoes, new potatoes, beetroot.

Extra.. f f yoghurt, 2 crispbreads / butter 5 syns jelly 0.5 syns . Anchor light cream 3 syns.
    14.05 syns.

Oh and Bubbs, my feet and ankles aren't too bad, it's my belly that's swollen. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: bit like mine then, sorry must have been someone else
  • bubbs
    Options
    Has anyone tried to make anything like this with fry light please?
    https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/snacks/curly-wurly-vegetable-crisps
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 June 2017 at 1:17AM
    Options
    A better day today.Not feeling quite as fragile today.

Breakfast: bacon and eggs only (really do need to go shopping!),followed by lots of honeydew melon

Snack: yoghurt (free)

Lunch: leftover pasta (chilli and tomato,jar of sauce,about 2 syns),with creme fraiche (1 syn),12g cheese (2.5 syns),followed by a coconut yoghurt (1/2 syn)

Tea: hunters chicken (chicken,bacon,passatta,14g cheese -just under 3 syns),served with fried onion and red pepper,and rice

HEA:skimmed milk in cups of tea

HEB: 2 hifi bars

Snack: coconut meringues (the whole packet :eek:) 7.5 syns

Brisk walking 25 minutes
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Bubbs - can't see why they wouldn't work with Frylight. Might not be quite as crisp as they'd be with oil but think they'd be OK. Worth a try. Don't forget they'd only be free is you have them as part of a meal.

Today's plan:

B - loads of fruit, quark, 1 Hifi salted caramel light
    L - ham, fried up LO veg & potatoes. Will also add some beansprouts from freezer for a bit of crunch
    D - cottage pie with lots of added veg; cabbage

HEA - milk throughout the day
    HEB - 2 Hifi light salted caramel
    Syns - none planned as went well over yesterday!

Denise
  • Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all,

Yet another STS for me. Is this the last week of the challenge or do I have one more week to make a difference?

I seem to be surviving on yoghurt and fruit so maybe this is not enough food if you know what I mean?

I've been very active and drinking loads of water. I'm so keen to get into some lovely clothes that I have but just not getting there yet. On the positive side, I'm in quite a good SW mindset at the moment and not currently tempted by anything bad. Think it's the hot weather.

Good luck all x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills