Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• Equites
    Equites Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 August 2018 at 10:27PM
    Options
    Finally got my online account up and running though the drama has not ended as my old supplier (SSE) are still taking money from my bank account.
    The excuse given to me by SSE is that Powershop have not supplied them with the meter reading at the transfer date (now nearly two months ago) - without that they will not send out a final bill.
    To which I had to remind SSE that they put in a Smart Meter whose role is to give them accurate hourly readings, so stop the nonsense and get on with closing the account otherwise the next call will be to the Energy Ombudsman.
    Getting back to Powershop, they wouldn't give me access to any advance powerpacks for July/August or September when I asked. All they offered me for my first period (end June to end July) was the following...

• Little Extra Pack (cost to you £5.69, Worth of Power £9.64)
    • Simple Saver (c.t.y. £7.37, w.o.p. £9.01)
    • Jumbo (c.t.y. £11.85, w.o.p. £13.52)

The rest of the period had to be covered by standard powerpacks (over 50% of the bill) - I expect to do the same again for this months period.

In terms of advanced powerpacks, here is what I got offered...

• October Future Pack x3 (c.t.y. £5.26, w.o.p. £6.69) - 21.4% DISCOUNT
    • November Future Pack x2 (c.t.y. £8.97, w.o.p. £15.34) - 41.5% DISCOUNT
    • December Future Pack x2 (c.t.y. £9.73, w.o.p. £16.64) - 41.5% DISCOUNT
    • January Future Pack x2 (c.t.y. £9.64, w.o.p. £16.48) - 41.5% DISCOUNT

Last week also got the Festival Special Pack (c.t.y. £5.53, w.o.p. £6.59 - 16% DISCOUNT
    For reference annual consumption is around 3600kWh.
    Do like the online account website, nice and clear to use.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There's those massive discounts I'm expecting to receive when I'm properly on a baseline tariff. I don't get them yet. My November December January are 27. 6%. All others you quote are the same I received
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting post by Equites. I wonder if our already purchased Future Packs will be upgraded retrospectively when we swap over to the Baseline Tariff?
  • fewkeste
    Options
    @Equites if there was a delay between you being a PS customer (actually on supply with PS and getting your online account going live and usable) which resulted in you being denied the opportunity to purchase Future Packs and other Special Packs, then ask if PS will apply a credit to your account equivalent to the amount of discount you've lost out on.

They did it for me - I went on supply 19th April 2017 but my account didn't go live until 30th June. Worth asking:D
  • Equites
    Options
    fewkeste - alas Powershop were not forthcoming on this.
    I specifically asked in a call to Powershop what you suggested but they refused to give me any missed discount.
  • fewkeste
    Options
    Equites wrote: »
    fewkeste - alas Powershop were not forthcoming on this.
    I specifically asked in a call to Powershop what you suggested but they refused to give me any missed discount.

How long from when you went on supply with PS to when you had an online account and could buy Powerpacks?

What/who caused the delay - PS or your old supplier?
  • Equites
    Options
    fewkeste wrote: »
    How long from when you went on supply with PS to when you had an online account and could buy Powerpacks?

What/who caused the delay - PS or your old supplier?

It took 7 weeks from start of supply to getting access to the online account.
    From a customers perspective it's impossible to know who is at fault for the delay as Powershop & SSE have accused each other - the basic reason from both parties being that the other did not submit the right paperwork.
  • Cuilean1
    Options
    I have just signed up with PS and am wondering how quickly you are able to access an online account to buy power packs? From earlier posts it looks like I should be able to purchase ahead of of switch over date, is that correct?
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It took nearly a month for me to be able to start buying powerpacks. However as suggested in earlier posts if the delay results in you losing out on discounts powershop have refunded the extra cost in the past. Didn't apply to me as I never had to buy electricity at standard (sorry its baseline now isn't it) rates
  • fewkeste
    Options
    Cuilean1 wrote: »
    I have just signed up with PS and am wondering how quickly you are able to access an online account to buy power packs? From earlier posts it looks like I should be able to purchase ahead of of switch over date, is that correct?

Hi, no that is not correct - you cannot purchase Powerpacks until you have an online account. When you do get one, buy all Powerpacks you are offered (but not Baseline Energy Powerpacks) which have no discount.

Some have reported having an online account after as little as a month or as much as 7 - 10 weeks if things go wrong.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback