A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I would be fumming about the course.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    What a shame about the course - maybe put the complaint in after the results.

It sounds like you may be getting back your faithful friend for a while though. Perhaps she'll end up with you for good.....:)

Good result on your mum's insurance and I'm glad to hear some progress made with regard to Client Nightmare.

Have a good evening inod.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    What a pity about the course. Are they marking it? If not I'd be putting the complaint in before the results, then your feedback is not perceived to be influenced by the outcome. Are they an approved deliverer for an accrediting body or anything?

You may have a better chance of getting a 'free' re-sit if you complain before an outcome.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, it was a training company who delivered, read out, the material. The material is produced by the accreditation body who mark the exams. The issues were with both parties.
    So, after spending 7 hrs at nightmare client on Saturday, I called to just check on one thing. They were seriously understaffed at a dangerous level so 4 hours were spent on site yesterday. This is after I had spent 2 hrs ironing! I had intended to get to other client stuff but it didn't happen as I was shattered. En route to the client, I did a supermarket sweep based on dh's quickly assembled meal plan and list. My way home involved a £15 spend on a takeaway as DH had been working on client stuff for me.

Last night was a bad night with 3 major instances of wakening and not getting back to sleep easily. Today I find out if the manager has returned to work. In some ways, it'd be good if he has but not in others.

This evening I am going to call on a former colleague to help me out. I am struggling to do something she is very familiar with. She has offered before but I have always declined her help. I need it.

I managed a conversation with each of my offspring yesterday. DD has agreed to take on some work remotely after she gets an exam out of the way tomorrow.

Right, seriously need to get motoring. I'm at the client than grab DH at 12, come home for a conference call, drop him back and meet a funder for nightmare client. Happily, that's in the street where he works.
    I will then go back to client!

Today I am grateful for
    Telephony that allows contact with kids and remote participation in client meeting
    there being takeaway funds available
    Resisting making a purchase just to get a cashback bonus!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hope you sleep better tonight.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you have a better nights sleep too x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    Options
    Also wishing you better sleep.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you sleep better tonight and it's a very good idea to reach out for help from a friend who is willing to give it.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    All those positive vibes certainly worked. Last night I slept like the dead. I feel so much better for it. Yesterday was frantic but there was positive feedback from a client that DH has been looking after for me. I also managed to deal with tiny queries from a few other clients and to draw up an invoice. Yay!

Spends yesterday were restricted to a chocolate bar as I needed parking meter money and parking which I can expense. We ate a home cooked bacon and mushroom risotto using stuff we had in the house. This is good.

Today I am grateful for
    A diagnosis of Labrador lumps instead of anything more sinister for the pooch
    Baby steps in the right direction
    An irritating skin condition starting to clear
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Baby steps are always good :j :j

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback