A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ah lovely.

Hope you managed to make the gig and enjoyed it.

Dxxx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you got your evening out - or a really good rest, whichever is better for you.

I must admit I'm quite concerned about your continued involvement with nightmare client. You nearly pulled the plug on them, they persuaded you to stay and now you're wearing yourself out over problems that aren't of your making, and it looks as though the end result might even be you having to produce a legal defence for yourself. The diary is definitely a good way to go, but in the long run are you going to be able to pull their situation round? I just don't want you to go down with them.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn... take care of yourself x
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Cherry, you aren't saying anything I haven't thought. As for being drawn in, worked there Friday, came home and did some baking as I'd already prepped fruit that would otherwise have been dumped. Had a sit down then went to the gig for the main act only. He was awesome plus it was time for just me and DH despite being surrounded by hundreds of others. Nearly scuppered my back totally. Note to self, do NOT dance when already sore!

Saturday I had to pick up various bits and pieces, drop off a birthday gift and see my mum. Happily dd came too which helps. I then had to go to client for 2 hours to help serve meals due to a staff issue. It was a different issue that resulted in me going in for a 7 hour shift starting 7.30 yesterday morning. That completely !!!!!!ed my back. I then came home and spent another 2 hours doing work for them. This included my report for their tomorrow board meeting. This sets out my resource issue. However, for all I know, the manager may be back today as no one has told me how long he will be off.
    DH is frantically working his bank holiday on my client stuff while making sure I have clean underwear, meals, etc. I have things that need done for other clients today and I am tired! I also don't know if the manager dealt with my invoice before going off sick. Interestingly, he did manage to complete his expenses form (with an over claim!)

On other news, my mother has decided that of her 5 non overseas children, I'm the one who can sort out a better home insurance deal for her! All are computer literate, two are retired and one works less than 10 hours per week but dare I decline?

Right, need to get motoring as I need to go to the client and speak to the night shift this evening. I also need to be there at 2.30 and just generally the rest of the day to get stuff done.

Today I am grateful for
    Home team support
    A friend seeking and getting help when needed
    My bed
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I am tired. Got in late from client and had to get stuff sorted for another two clients while DH worked on a third. Also confirmed yesterday that although manager took time to claim his expenses before going off sick, he did not process my invoice. This is not good.

DD still hasn't confirmed her travel arrangements for this weekend. There's a lot of driving on unfamiliar road that she insists she can do on her own. Her father had previously said he would take her plus dog but apparently accepted a wedding invitation that was more important. He also didn't tell her until last week. He is such a selfish git but his children don't appear to or don't want to see this.
    I am tired. At least one day this weekend is being spent in bed. I have my course and my exam next week and my head is pickled. I cannot afford to waste both time and £2.5k of business funds by not passing. I am not eating well although I am eating food rather than confectionary which helps. Tonight however is likely to be a takeaway as it is likely I will not be home until after 9.

Today I am grateful for
    Family support
    The not very suitable back of the wardrobe clothes that mean I can duck ironing for an extra day
    Finally getting a job finished that means an invoice can be raised. I only started it in February!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bleeping 'eck.
    I DO NOT know how you do it.

Could one of the trustees pass your invoice?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I'm gonna refer the invoice to the treasurer beanie. There was no time yesterday as it was ten before we finished. I am tired but DH is completely shattered and won't indulge in a post his work pre my work nap. He seems to think that struggling on is a better option. Sometimes he is just so male!
    I got news yesterday that my brother in law's mum has died. She was in her 90s and not in good health so in some ways, it is for the best. However, it means a funeral to be fitted in on Thursday some 40 miles away. I feel so mean writing that down but it's how I feel.

DD has taken to not sharing her travel plans with me which means that she knows that I will disapprove. Im so worried about her plans as transporting the dog means a boat crossing then driving an unfamiliar hire car the breadth of the country on roads she has never used before while refusing both company or to stay overnight at our expense in a dog friendly hotel.

So, I advised the problem staff member of what she needed to provide for me to take to the trustees last night. I did this by email and followed up verbally even offering time for her to do this. She did not submit anything. Why is it that those who shout about being bullied resort to bullying tactics but back down when called out on it?

Yesterday I got an email from a consignment shop in Dublin where I left 3 items last November. One has finally sold and I will receive €40 for it. I just need this not to be by cheque or funds transfer as it will cost me £7. Still, it is money for something leaving the house.

I did the bank lodgement yesterday when the large primary in the centre of belfast was ablaze. It was horrific but amazing that there were no fatalities. Hopefully, the historic building facade can be preserved and restored.

Today I am grateful for
    That we have all made it to Wednesday
    Some action from the management committee, a sense of urgency appears to be creeping in
    Money from the sale. May the other 2 items go the same way
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You are crazy busy. I hope you manage to get some rest and focus on your exam.

Take care xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I cannot keep posting about this client. Suffice to say, I also cannot keep giving it the time that it's demanding. This morning I am taking dd to her hospital appointment then heading to the funeral. I will be going to the client around two o'clock. I will be there until half seven.

Today I am grateful for
    A good result from my retinopathy exam
    DH doing as he was told and taking a nap
    Dog time yesterday
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi inod:wave: - have just caught up with a whole month of your diary - all I can do is reiterate what other posters have expressed - "I don't know how you do it!" You should be on the short list when they pick the next "Wonder Woman!"

You've had a rough ride lately, but you always seem to find time to post on your wonderful, informative diary, notwithstanding whatever else is going on in your life. And I always enjoy reading your little affirmations at the end of your posts.

I was interested to read that you are trying out the blood sugar diet and look forward to hearing more on how you are getting on with it.

Anyway, I hope all goes well today with DD's hospital appointment and the nightmare client - and also that all goes as well as can be expected at the family funeral.

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope today has gone as well as these things can. I do like your 'grateful' list :), it's good when medical check ups go well.

I won't be around much for a few weeks (hols) so hope things have moved on to a much more satisfactory place when I next see you. x
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport