A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you can get some sleep.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Slept like the dead last night. Could do it all over again if I had time. There's so so much to do on so many fronts and panic is kicking in as time motors on. On the really plus side, the Irish revenue commissioners were exceptionally helpful and processed my tax clearance cert so efficiently and it came through yesterday. I also got my business insurance renewal through and it's ok and the course provider for the qualification I need is now willing to move a little on price!
    However, I need to get invoices etc issued to bring in some pennies.
    The bad news is that within a week of having made my hospital appointment, they have already deferred it by three weeks. I'm incredibly frustrated. My gp won't engage on diabetic related matters as I'm under hospital care and I was supposed to be reviewed in April and it's now moved to October.
    On Mse news, nothing much is happening. I made a small tt this week but otherwise it's just a case of bills getting paid.
    Today I am grateful for
    Sleep, it makes everything so much better
    The prospect of the weekend
    Feeling valued
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,806 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds frantic. Maybe prioritise processing the invoices. Sorry your diabetic appointment has been deferred. Glad you slept well that will help. Have a good day.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds frantic. Maybe prioritise processing the invoices. Sorry your diabetic appointment has been deferred. Glad you slept well that will help. Have a good day.

This.
    From me too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Life is sounding busy - hurray for a good nights sleep.
    January spends - £587.58
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you have a restful weekend x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday DH went on a photographic walking tour that I had bought for him. It bothers me that he has no social circle outside of mine but I felt like I was sending him to his first day at school. Called into the bakery after I dropped him off and scored a massive bag of one day old bread for £1.40. It's mainly stuff to be toasted like soda, wheaten, potato bread, pancakes, etc. so it's fine at a day old. I also picked up tiny pies for my mum and stopped off to grab her some groceries before I called in.
    It was a long visit as I couldn't get her to stop talking. She must have been desperate for company as she even turned the sound off on the tv, she has been known to turn it up when she hears someone walk up the hall. Her health isn't great but she's refusing to engage with the NHS. I think she's afraid of what they might tell her or that they may try to put her in a home. Her mind is sharp as is her tongue. I managed not to respond when she was telling me about how much my stay at home sister has on. My mum pays her to clean a half day a week but otherwise she has no working commitments and an empty nest with just herself and her husband! She also asked me if I was planning on having any work done to my house. I told her I couldn't afford it but have been wondering since what she feels needs done.

This afternoon I have meetings with the nightmare client but want to go in early as it's a staff member's last day. He created so much work for me but I will miss him. He just wanted to make the place better. I also need to grab some supplies for the coming week so will need a trip to the shops. I had my weekly conversation with mr wii and there was a slight incline but no extra poundage which is good.

On other news, dd called to advise that she has sorted out dog friendly accommodation from the start of September so we will be losing our dog. I'm devastated and also think the dog is too old to be uprooted like this and am not sure how she will cope with the lengthy road journey and boat trip needed to get back here. Still, it is what it is.

Today I am grateful for
    Bacon and mushroom bags with a mug of tea for breakfast
    Some forgiving clothes that still fit
    Recognising that some cleaning is better than no cleaning
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Another week, another backlog to tackle. Today I am going to nightmare client to hand over to manager re what I did in his absence. He won't be happy but hey, I did what I could. That's what I find so frustrating. He's inept but highly critical and negative if anyone tries to move things forward.
    I can only do a short time as a friend has offered me a free massage treatment at 11.30 as she had a client cancel on her. I used to go once a month but stopped when funds dried up.

Yesterday I had a voucher for the local co op that was due to expire so stopped there on way home. I used 2 vouchers for 75p off the milk and salad that I would have been buying. Got whoopsied potato bread, 4 pack for 30p plus 2 whoopsied ready meals that we had for last night's dinner. Total outlay 3.02 with 19p going to my card. I'm now sitting at over a £5 so will make use of this on a freezer deal when we have cleared more freezer room. I'd previously had to buy a bottle of pink gin as a gift so no NSd for me anyway. Really need to get a wiggle on.

Today I am grateful for
    Toasted reduced fruit soda for breakfast
    A free treat to look forward to
    Getting one thing out of my in tray and into someone else's.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the dog :(

I think you are doing the right thing encouraging Mr INOD to be out and about meeting new people.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You got some good bargains there INOD.
    Hope mr INOD enjoyed his course - sounds like something my dh would like.
    It sounds like your mum was pleased to see you....made me think of my late mil where we often just had to bite our tongues....
    Hope you catch up with the backlog.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport