A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,329 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    it's justification for fur, velvet, cushions and throws. Hygge is the Danish concept of living a simple, well & cosy life.

Had not heard of that before:o Thanks.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I like the clothes and people you like thing. Life is too short for mere tolerance.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love your list :D will definitely be pinching a few ideas from it.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Cracking list inod! Go girl!:j

I love your little thankful lists so will really look forward to your monthly updates.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well, yesterday the postman delivered a hefty envelope relating to a bank account with a zero balance so I decided to deal with that. 22 minutes later they still refused to close my account on the strength of a recorded phone call. I must either use on line banking which I haven't set up for this account or visit the branch in person. Eventually they agreed I could write to them. Really? To close an account with no activity for a number of years. Today I will compose the letter that OH can drop into a branch. This will also have a stinking complaint.
    On Wednesday I chased up two invoices and apparently payment is now in train. It needs to be as I have a spendy week next week with 2 work days in dublin along with an overnight.
    Wed I went to jog club, passed a book onto my sister and didn't eat well. My food intake yesterday was also deplorable. Today the Halloween treat leftovers are going to work with dd.
    Today, I have a conference call that will earn me £65 which is good, I've a bid to submit and I've a presentation to work on. I also need to see what's in the fridge that I can turn into soup. Veg broth with barley seems most likely and cheap.
    Today I am grateful for
    Yesterday's PA survey
    Extra nectar points with vouchers for even more
    Being able to help a friend
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    What a pain re the bank.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I love your list! :)

Annoying about the bank though, and good luck with the bid :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    Options
    OH yes, sorry, good luck with the bid.

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Echoing beanie and jwil ... well done on the dosh from the conference call as well.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I was totally derailed yesterday. Client had emailed saying call needed to be brought forward an hour. I was showering and dressing and only realised when they were on the phone while I was on another work call on the mobile. Not good. Still, I have an extra day's work in dublin next week and, better still, this client pays promptly.
    I realised yesterday, when pain got really bad, that I had bowel spasm. I get this so rarely that I fail to recognise and treat until it stops me in my tracks. So from four o'clock I curled up in a ball and didn't move much. Poor OH seemed shattered when he got in from work but he just had to be left to his own devices as I really was fit for nothing.
    Today I am meeting a friend for brunch though it may just be tea for me. We spoke on Thursday and she told me that she and her hubby are going through tough times. I'd love to cancel but she rarely opens up so things must be spectacularly bad for her to say something.
    Today I am grateful for
    A bright, albeit cold, day
    Access to medications
    Books
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback