A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A comfy bed and good friends sound good to me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Also, I'm a quarter of the way to my next sb voucher and am at £15 on pa. I'd really like an inbox£ payout this year but it's so slow. Happily, sainsbugs are keeping up the flow of vouchers which help with the nectar points. Today the focus is on the house though we are lunching with some friends. We haven't properly caught up with them since NY so that should be good. I'm an panicking a bit about mr wii tomorrow and my blood test on Monday. I just wish that the results were instant.
    I cleared up the day to day mess in the kitchen last night and today will tackle the dumping ground aka the kitchen table. It will be cleared apart from the napkin holder. I will then have my cinnamon and sultana porridge. Part of me is worried about the fruit sugars that I'm eating that help with my 5 or even sometimes 6 a day. Hopefully though this will be more than balanced by the reduction in junk and things like bread.
    Btw, am I the only one worried by the predicted interest rate rise? Next month there will probably be another hit on the emergency fund. Looks like this could evaporate even more rapidly if my mortgage costs more though I'm not sure how this will be impacted by OPs made previously.
    Anyhow, enough doom and gloom. Time to get a wiggle on though in MSE news, DS was very disappointed not to get a certain gift last Christmas. I hadn't realised just how keen he was. So, this year I signed up for email updates from the company and have been emailed a 20% off voucher. That'll be £10 saved though half of that will go on postage but I'd have had to pay that anyway. If anyone has a particular item in mind, it might be worth doing likewise.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    porridge sounds good and cinnamon is good foe blood sugar. must get some...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Try not to worry about the WI & blood tests.
    Just remember how well you have being doing on this front.
    Have a lovely lunch with your friends :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thanks for the virtual cheerleading. Did I ever mention that I bulk buy cinnamon from makro?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today we got rid of some really old discoloured sheets and pillowcases. It felt so good. Apart from that, little was achieved though dinner was from whoopsied items purchased yesterday. Today I only managed three of my five a day and mr wii showed no change in my weight. I really need to get myself into gear so will make soup for tomorrow's lunch. I will also go to jog club tomorrow night. Today I am grateful for
    Reaching an understanding
    Gun control in this country (I watched Louis Theroux)
    Cups of tea
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done for clearing out some stuff.

I'm long overdue a massive clear out, just need to get the motivation to do it. Off on Thursday so might get one room done at least!

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    got my bloods done. results on thursday. also off loaded a book onto my sister on way back home. i need to keep reminding myself that it's progress even if i only shift one thing a day. PA is sitting at £15 for me and i'm a third of the way towards another SB £10 voucher. i'm hoping that the swago that starts today will help me along. Have a Dublin meeting tomorrow that needs a fair bit of prep. I also have veg that needs used so soup making is on the cards this afternoon. i am truly fed up of living with clutter. However, i think this will only be fully addressed when / if dd moves out. it does bring me down.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think clutter gets everyone down.

I just can't seem to get rid of it, I find a place for some of it then something else creeps out.

That's good on your surveys!

Dxxx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    My DD getting her own place hasn't reduced our clutter! It has, however, meant I have storage for my clothes - and I don't have a great many in use, though too many in the loft. Nice to have drawer space, though.

One item a day is indeed progress. It's 30 a month or 365 a year, not counting the days when you feel inspired and declutter two items! Keep up the good work - I am on the same road but a long way behind you. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport