A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I have had sort-of-conversations with DS about living in shared houses, too... I comfort myself with the thought that he may have children himself one day. ;) They can be hard work.

Meanwhile, it sounds as though you had a productive (and ultimately money-saving) shopping trip and it's excellent that your bloods have improved.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry re the slow/non-payers....its simply not fair. My invoices usually say payable on receipt of invoice or 14 days. It usually helps.

Hope you have a good weekend x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    today I drew yet another line in the sand. i've just had enough of how we live and it's stopping now. i'm away to type up my manifesto. we only have one life and it's time for me to make what I want of mine.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Sounds like you are taking decisive action...well done and hang in there inod! Hopefully you will reap some positive results soon xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,054 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    today I drew yet another line in the sand. i've just had enough of how we live and it's stopping now. i'm away to type up my manifesto. we only have one life and it's time for me to make what I want of mine.

That has the ring of someone who means business.

Go for it. Action plan, smart goals and so forth. Feel free to share if you would like to - I'm sure you'll get feedback and encouragement here.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yes go for it inod. We only get one life and you’re young enough to still make a difference.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    so, here goes my manifesto. i'm going to place on my desktop to prompt me to action every day. It will also hopefully inform how I live my life though I know it needs broken down into babysteps. if I waited for that to be done, the list would never make it to here. The aim is to provide a monthly update under each heading. All comments, criticisms or requests for clarification welcome!
    I want:
    · A well maintained, clean clutterfree house
    · To be fit and healthy
    · My family to be fit and healthy
    · To be with people I like
    · To be financially secure
    · To welcome friends into our home without worry
    · Hygge
    · To have nothing in my house that I do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.
    · Weekends away
    · Holidays
    · To look good
    · To only have clothes that make me feel good
    · To stop being afraid of people and experiences
    · To have provision for an enjoyable retirement
    · To identify and eradicate tolerations
    · An emergency fund
    · A refresh fund to replace things with a finite life
    · To engage with organisations who disappoint
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    What a fab list :)
    I love to be with people I like Yes!!
    To only have clothes that make me feel good:-
    I am about to send a jacket to the charity shop that is newish and great quality but doesn't make me feel good so I feel you have given me permission to let it go
    Oh, and I love To stop feeling afraid of people and experiences
    And To welcome friends in to your home without worry Yes!!
    I could go on, but what a fab list.
    Go INOD!!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What a great list :grin:
    I can feel your determination through it :)

What is this one please? Hygge
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    it's justification for fur, velvet, cushions and throws. Hygge is the Danish concept of living a simple, well & cosy life.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback