A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How frustrating about the tender, but great news on the payment, and hope it wasn't too stormy yesterday!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I hope you were safe in the storms...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I also hope you were safe in the storms.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    We were unscathed by the storms though I was supposed to be in dublin for a ten o'clock meeting today that I cancelled. I just didn't know how the roads would be. On the plus side, I spent yesterday afternoon garaging some garden furniture and cutting back some overgrown branches. I needed the spur. Yesterday I also cashed out a £10 m&s voucher from sb. I'm aiming for one a month and am currently 6% towards my next one.
    I really need to be earning something every day even if just a few sb or pennies via inbox pounds.
    Got a long shot lead on some work today, will know more in the next week or so, fingers crossed.
    Today I am grateful for
    The dog not being too spooked by the wind
    Friends and family being unaffected by Ophelia
    A house that provided shelter for us
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you are ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Glad you are alright, it's so worrying this weather!

Dxxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope you’ve had some good news on the work front and glad everything ok weather wise.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yay! It's Friday. It's been a bit of an odd week. Lots of running about with little getting done. I was in foul form yesterday. I'm just fed up with the house, the people in it!, my clients, lack of work pipeline, etc. yesterday I sent two strongly worded emails. As a result, one, if not two, invoices will go today. I also threw caution to the wind and went to the b00ts shopping event. Got lots of extra points on stuff that I would have been buying anyway all on the credit card that will need paid in dec. hopefully, there will be the money in by then.
    I also applied for a job after talking to a friend who works for the organisation. Yet another longshot but we will see.
    On other news, my eating habits went to pot and I didn't have jog club this week. Monday was cancelled and on Wednesday I got stuck on a phone call that I didn't want to cut short. Yesterday evening there was payback from my tummy.
    Today I am due to meet a friend for lunch rescheduled from Monday. Tomorrow we are going for lunch with another couple which will hopefully be good.
    On Wednesday, I went to see a former colleague and her new baby. This couple would both have fairly low paid jobs but a truly lovely home. It made me increasingly despairing of the stuff that is everywhere here. Also, we got no takers on our bay stuff. I really just want space and an easy to clean home.
    Today I am grateful for
    Some positive responses
    Friendship
    A cup of tea given to me in bed
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cup of tea in bed..the joy of small things..I usually get one of those from OH and I love it :)

I really like your three gratitude statements in the midst of understandably feeling a bit low and cheesed off. Am sure it will work out and you will look back and think 'what was i worrying about'. Not sure what kind of work you do, but are there any useful networking events you could attend?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I've a half day event next Wednesday and another the following week. I'm not sure how useful they are but we will see. Got an email today from a former client inviting me to quote for a piece of work. Not an area I'm overly familiar with but she believes I could do it so will ponder over the weekend. Met my friend for lunch today. Had lasagne but opted for roast veg as opposed to chips and abstained from dessert. Picked OH up from work and we visited the Swedish shop to buy some necessary items for next year's big project. We also got a long handled dustpan and brush for £6. Got meatballs in the snack bar bit.
    I had a skype coaching session this evening and have homework for the next session but it's going well.

Today I am grateful for
    A car that makes life easier
    Good friends
    A comfy bed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback