A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Lunch is still on which is good. It also provides a deadline after which I will be unavailable to assist with the bid which will hopefully focus the other party. I'm meeting one of their partners on Monday so we need to chat through each other's expectations.
    Yesterday we got caught in traffic jams causing a fifteen minute journey to lengthen to over an hour. Was so frustrating.
    Today I will draw down my expenses. I'm so protective of my unfed baby business account but I really need the money. I also have to pay my credit card bill.
    Anyhow, dog is whimpering as she wants some company so better go have a chat to her.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I love your dog :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Everybody loves my dog. She is so smiley and friendly. So, today I will draw down my expenses. I'm also using gift vouchers to take advantage of a mons00n offer and am treating myself to things I really want. I will need to add around £40 to it, will get £10 back in cashback and OH has said he will make up the shortfall. Lunch was good yesterday, my friend is looking well and her hair has started to grow back. One work opportunity I was seeking has gone but there will be others. Did a major shop at sainsbugs using a £9 off a £60 spend which was good. I also got coupons for extra nectar points which are the sum total of my Christmas shopping this year.
    Today will be a house based day though, given it's dry, there may also be a bit of a garden tidy up. Fingers crossed I can even persuade OH to get a few more items onto the bay. Also, meeting scheduled to sort out further aspect for big project. That'll happen on Thursday. Anyhows, today I am grateful for
    Free scones
    Opportunities starting to emerge
    Friendship
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Free scones, opportunities starting to emerge and friendships all sound good to me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well yesterday's plans went out the window. Instead we had the laziest of days with dd and dog out all day. We lazed about, read, browsed, chatted caught up with phone calls and, happily, ate from the stores. Days like this are always a take away risk! Today, I have had an indulgent time reading diaries but have also made a list which I am about to get cracking on.

Yesterday I achieved my daily sb target and have signed up for swago starting on Monday. We also took advantage of two circle offers so I'm 78p up while OH is up by £5.50. If anyone wants details, pm me.
    I have sent a stinking email to mons00n over difficulties placing an order. I'm not happy but will wait and see the resolution. Fingers crossed but at least there was nothing desperately needed. Worst case scenario, I will just use my vouchers in store when they next have a sale and get myself removed from their mailing list and advise family to no longer buy me their gift vouchers.
    Anyhow, am aiming to get one task out of the way by 11.30. Wish me luck!
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Good to have a lazy day sometimes!
    Hope u managed the task you were aiming for :)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    so, was waylaid by a phone call from an old friend but have managed to pay my expenses and issue an email. gotta pop on here though as when i was checking that things have gone through, i noticed that my mortgage was just over 80k. Cue a £27.45 overpayment that included a TT and i'm now, by the skin of my teeth, in the £70s! Yay! Yay! Yay! it's been such a long time since i've seen that on a mortgage. This was funded by a PA payout which is enroute along with a donation from my OH. So so relieved. Am away to update my sig with this and my 2lb weightloss according to Mr Wii!
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on being in the 70's. That's fabulous news and so exciting for you.:beer: 2lbs down too.....it's all going the right way. Have a fab rest of the weekend.:)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i noticed that my mortgage was just over 80k. Cue a £27.45 overpayment that included a TT and i'm now, by the skin of my teeth, in the £70s!
    Go INOD :j
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family