feel so stupid

Options

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    sam_m wrote: »
    I would do what my councillor has advised and just smile and get on with it I might just like some one but I have to work with them for the good of the business. If someone rejected me there are plenty of others out there

You've shown multiple times in this thread that you cannot do what your counsellor has advised yet.

Keep working on it until you're ready.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 April 2017 at 10:58AM
    Options
    Wanting to punch your brother because he got a job is a disgusting attitude, being jealous of other peoples lives will only lead to anger and depression!

Stop being angry and get out everyday and hand out CVs and then when you get home go for a run followed by a healthy dinner. Things will eventually sort themselves out but being angry at the world will only isolate you and you will only have yourself to blame
  • sam_m
    sam_m Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Well you see I am studying travel and tourism at college. I like travelling and doing new things. And as I speak I am on the train going to meet a friend. I can do these things and they don't worry me. I don't know why I get depressed that my stepbrother has a girlfriend and I don't. I don't have many friends and its not easy seeing his life better when I'm trying to improve mine. My grandad is now in a care home and last Xmas was the beginning of me feeling low. Seeing him kiss his gf when I was stood like glue alone without any one to hug and kiss me
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Be happy in your own company, you don't need anyone else to make you happy. Finding that special someone takes time and patience, and normally happens when you least expect it.

I have a friend whose 32 and has never had a girlfriend and he's the happiest and most content bloke i know

and you're 24!!! you have ages to settle down etc so just enjoy your life and just work on getting those CVs out and getting financially secure....1 thing at a time!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    why do you think this is a wind up. Reality check here. AUTISM IS REAL. I am allowed to feel like this. I'm sorry that I swore at you but you said school holiday time. I can get like this and I was just angry a low end job such as kfc was not letting me go on holiday but expect me to have a positive attitude. I MEAN COME ON!!!!;

You could have offered to take unpaid leave.

You applied for the job and describe it as low end?

I know autism is real; it does not excuse poor behaviour. You really need to adopt and learn some strategies to control your temper. In customer-facing roles you CANNOT expect to 'explode' and be allowed to get away with it because you're autistic.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why do you think this is a wind up. Reality check here. AUTISM IS REAL. I am allowed to feel like this. I'm sorry that I swore at you but you said school holiday time. I can get like this and I was just angry a low end job such as kfc was not letting me go on holiday but expect me to have a positive attitude. I MEAN COME ON!!!!;

Yes I know its real, I have a family member quite significantly impacted by autism. You are allowed to feel however you like, however if this is real your behaviour is quite scary.

You say you are high functioning but want to hurt a family member just because you believe they are in a 'better' position than you, you send people offensive messages, you kick off because you don't get your own way....do you see that you need a lot more help/insight?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 12 April 2017 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Hi, i am 24 years old with autism and i am depressed. I am getting help but i feel so stupid. I applied for a part time job in KFC because i have lost quite a bit of my money by gambaling and being silly.

I almost got the job but they said i won't be able to go on the holiday i pre booked. I flipped out and said how they were a terrible company and how i would never work for them and swore a few times and said i should have my head tested to want to work here in the first place.

I feel so stupid because it could have been a good place and is the only company that almost gave me a chance, do you think if i say sorry they might hire me

In a nutshell NO.

Never mind the social inadequacies you dont even sound a nice person.
  • 27cool
    27cool Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    I feel silly I did this yes and if I had the chance to change it I would. I do get counselling to help me with my emotions be they can't help me find a job. I try and do new things every day to improve my confidence but it ain't easy
    It would appear that your counselling is not doing much to help you controlling your emotions. If your tone in your forum posts accurately describes your attitude.
    "I hate my brother because he's got a job and I haven't, and I want to punch him in the face"
    That is a great attitude and will definitely help you in your future search for work. I don't think!
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 April 2017 at 3:30PM
    Options
    There was a multiple page thread of a similar discussion by this user that was deleted. If it is all genuine why did MSE delete the previous thread?

I suggest don't feed the troll.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72305407

At the very least this thread should be moved to Discussion Time.
  • sam_m
    sam_m Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    They deleted it because they thought I should go to the GP which I did. I don't actually want to hurt my brother and I would never do that he just makes me angry because he thinks he is so perfect. I can't see how a !!!! like that could have a partner. I just got upset because I want to be independent from my family and a holiday on your own does that as I don't live on my own
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure