feel so stupid

Options

Comments

• Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP if all this is for real I think you need to get help for your emotions. Why would you be angry that your brother got a job? That's a good thing. If you can't control your temper then you face losing any job you do get.
    Its not always easy to get a job. I'm looking and finding it hard too.
    Why not spend some time getting in the right frame of mind? Go out for walks, practice interview questions and get your anger under control. Its not helping you.
    Have you tried approaching large companies in the area? Or agencies that deal with their recruitment. There might be a factory line job or similar. Something that's not customer facing or team work, till you improve on those skills.
  • polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    come on - this is a wind up
  • sam_m
    sam_m Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    why do you think this is a wind up. Reality check here. AUTISM IS REAL. I am allowed to feel like this. I'm sorry that I swore at you but you said school holiday time. I can get like this and I was just angry a low end job such as kfc was not letting me go on holiday but expect me to have a positive attitude. I MEAN COME ON!!!!;
  • sam_m
    Options
    I feel silly I did this yes and if I had the chance to change it I would. I do get counselling to help me with my emotions be they can't help me find a job. I try and do new things every day to improve my confidence but it ain't easy
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    polgara wrote: »
    come on - this is a wind up
    Of course it is! There was a similar thread recently that has since been deleted it got so stupid. Same posting style of this user but different story.
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You need to stop focusing on 'could have' I mean this in the nicest way possible but when someone has too much time on their hands they over think things and your dwelling too much on the KFC job.

I know this question has come and gone, but your chance of working there are now nothing. It is not just about saying sorry but employees have a right to feel safe in the work place. Even if you say you won't kick off again, they now won't feel safe around you due to the way you treated them.

Take a deep breath and print some CV's out and go job hunting, one thing you need to work on is being calmer. You say your Dad treats you like a child, but throwing fits of swearing at employers and saying you hate your brother is immature. I appreciate you might not be able to help it, but the reality is people treat you based on your reactions.

You need to let go of the things you can't control, and focus on what you can. Have you considered going back into education? You can do a degree from home with Open Univeristy if you haven't had finance before.

Just focus on working on yourself, see what you have done wrong and commit to improving on it. As for fitness, running on the spot for 30min burns around 300 kcals depending on your weight. There is no need to join a gym (unless for social aspect and enjoyment)

As for a girl friend, it will come with time but you have to learn to be happy with yourself first before someone is likey to want to date you. The reality is when you first start dating it's supposed to be fun and easy, they don't want to sit around talking about problems etc. So focus on yourself, and the rest will come together.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    sam_m wrote: »
    why do you think this is a wind up. Reality check here. AUTISM IS REAL. I am allowed to feel like this. I'm sorry that I swore at you but you said school holiday time. I can get like this and I was just angry a low end job such as kfc was not letting me go on holiday but expect me to have a positive attitude. I MEAN COME ON!!!!;

You need to adjust your outlook.

KFC is not a 'low end job'

It's a job. A job you threw away not because of holiday, but because of your overreacting and aggressive attitude. They have business needs. They needed a staff member now, not after your holidays.
  • sam_m
    Options
    Yes and that was me. Its not a wind up. I took people advice. Went to GP and now getting help. Telling my mother about gambling. It has not been easy. I messed this job prospect up and I feel stupid. Its not been easy but I'm trying
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    sam_m wrote: »
    I feel silly I did this yes and if I had the chance to change it I would. I do get counselling to help me with my emotions be they can't help me find a job. I try and do new things every day to improve my confidence but it ain't easy

You need help managing your emotions before getting a job. What would you do if a colleague or customer upset you, or a woman you show interest in rejected you?

I do think a supported working/ training environment would be best for you until you can better manage your emotions.
  • sam_m
    Options
    I would do what my councillor has advised and just smile and get on with it I might just like some one but I have to work with them for the good of the business. If someone rejected me there are plenty of others out there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure