Second time lucky... debt free diary.

Options

Comments

• charlies_tribe
    Options
    Another late night. Still listening to the kiddies that seem to have forgotten what sleep is, I really need to sleep, ive been in bed an hour (they've been up here about 3 hours!) and there is still laughing giggling and singing.
    Friday's few bits of shopping ended up at £45! I'm not sure how as we didn't even have that much. DH had a new razor set at £20 and I had throat meds/painkillers at about £5 the rest was bread milk pizzas.
    Saturday DH went to get a bag of chips and spent a fortune! He hasn't given me the receipt yet but with ready meals and fizzy pop and muffins, I think he spent quiet a bit.
    Today (when we actually get up) will be a NSD as DH will be in bed.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey Charlie's tribe, have just found your diary. Well done on sorting the pantry! I struggle with fruit, always ends up in a mushy forgotten pile in the garage. So tomorrow will be making room in my fridge for fruit! Will keep reading with interest
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better x
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Thank you missymoo81. This week I bought a lot less fruit and it still has hasn't been eaten (all the soft fruit has gone though) I think when they are at school they just eat what is in their lunchbox but at home they aren't 'choosing' to eat it. Think I might try to get ours in the fridge too as it isn't lasting long in the fruit bowl.

Thank you HI. Feeling a lot better today, throat still sore but I have managed a cup of tea without it hurting. Managed some Tikka and rice last night, first I had eaten in 3 days. On the plus side ive drank a whopping amount of water and ive lost about 5lb too.

Today is a washing day while the weather is nice.2 loads from yesterday on the line and another in the washer. I'm gutted not to have both washers going. Dh said it smells like rubber burning so need to wait for him to check it before I can use it. I am so thankful for having the 2 machines. The big washer, this is the 3rd of the same machine we have had in a few years because of the large drum, think we will stick to cheaper models in future.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,659 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I keep apples, peaches, strawberries, grapes, plums and melon in the fridge and just get out a couple of portions a day for us to go in the fruit bowl so it never goes off. Only thing I don't put in fridge is bananas obviously and pears as they always seem to be under ripe. It never ends up going mushy but if it did I would use it in cakes, crumbles etc.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Thank you enthusiasticsaver, I'll try keeping it all in the fridge. We used to have a hanger for bananas, may have to look at another.

Not the NSD as planned 2 x shakey shake nail sets ordered for the girls for Christmas. They wanted them last year but were £20 each. Today they are £3.84! If I can get away with the girls sharing a set (if there is enough glitter in) the other will go between my nieces.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you enthusiasticsaver, I'll try keeping it all in the fridge. We used to have a hanger for bananas, may have to look at another.

Not the NSD as planned 2 x shakey shake nail sets ordered for the girls for Christmas. They wanted them last year but were £20 each. Today they are £3.84! If I can get away with the girls sharing a set (if there is enough glitter in) the other will go between my nieces.

Oh I might have to get one for DD :rotfl: Maybe my first Xmas spend :rotfl:
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Was on Amazon HI. At that price I'm not too worried if it's rubbish lol. On the look out for the others spa now, another I wouldn't buy last year they are still asking for. Luckily they aren't asking for hatchimals now.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Was on Amazon HI. At that price I'm not too worried if it's rubbish lol. On the look out for the others spa now, another I wouldn't buy last year they are still asking for. Luckily they aren't asking for hatchimals now.

DD asked for those orbeez spa things, I can't justify £30-35 though :o

Hatchimals went crazy didn't they! I don't really know what to get mine this year. Youngest wants a dolls house I think although she also wants every advert on tv :rotfl:
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Will let you know if I find the orbeez cheaper.
    Mine had furby's the year before and never played with them so refused to buy the hatchimals.
    When DD1 was little we bought the elc rosebud cottage and it was loved by all three girls, not been on elc for a while so not sure if they still do it. I'm sure it was asda did a similar one. They also had a castle from there that they loved but it went together like a jigsaw and fell apart every time they tried to move it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback