sensory education - cheap disability aids

Options

Comments

• Sharr
    Options
    I ordered from this company 6 months ago, for my autism class. Some items were delivered, some missing and some part missing. They are absolutely appalling! Won't refund for missing items and will not answer my emails - they even hung up on me once. They have no intention of putting things right and this is clearly their policy. My FB comments have been removed. I have taken to commenting on Pinterest as they present their as squeaky clean. I will not give up on behalf of the disabled children and their families that are being ripped off. It is a matter of principle! The monetary loss is not that large - about £60. I have started to contact companies and charities that are presented as endorsing Sensory ed -'our clients'. Very interesting! Maybe people would like to join me in contacting the legitimate, caring, recognised charities and businesses that are being cited as 'liking' this shabby scam. The irony is that this could be a fabulous business - I would love to order some of the lovely items that are advertised. I was recently at a course with 90 teachers sharing info about autism needs. Just imagine the amount of business that could have been put their way! Obviously I was telling people to steer clear! At least I am in a position to make sure I can inform teachers here in Ireland. I really don't know how these people live with themselves. Well done everyone for not allowing these scammers to win.
  • Trendoss
    Options
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A SCAM [/B]
    [/B]
    The frustrating thing about this is that we are unable, as consumers, to do anything about them! They promote themselves a a company providing products for the disability market which is awful enough when they are seemingly scamming people for cash. Orders are very easy to place, money is taken but nothing seems to arrive and there is no-one available to speak with over email, phone or through their website. All responses are automated and even the receptionist that does eventually answer the phone has the same message - email the manager and they will come back to you. They don't!!!!

I ordered 3 sensory floor cushions at a cost of £297.00 so not cheap!! Payment was taken swiftly, an email confirming payment was received and then nothing. My order was placed back in July 2017 and its now December 2017 and I am still chasing.

I have to date sent over 15 emails, called over 20 times and only ever spoken to the same reception lady who has repeatedly fobbed me off or put the phone down and sent messages over their website to all the possible email and contact addresses. STILL NOTHING!

I have reported them to the the Consumer Forum but they won't discuss anything with them despite the consumer forum trying to connect to resolve the issue.

I am now resigned to the fact my £297 is lost forever and have had to order these from elsewhere but I want to ensure that anyone else trying to order from these guys doesn't!

Their reviews are made up / fake - I've been told they use a software to generate positive reviews, which means consumers will log on and feel comfortable ordering as they have positive reviews everywhere!

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS - AND MSE IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO HAVE THEM REPORTED AND STOPPED??

Rogue Traders is my next resort! I'm a business owner myself and I detest individuals that makes money form scams especially when they are hiding behind a banner for disability and the less able!
  • JennyShopper
    JennyShopper Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 December 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    Found this thread after a non delivery of soft hats ordered mid November for a Christmas present. No response to emails and an eventual phone conversation with "receptionist"/sales number who said item was available and filled in details on a form with a promise there would be a return call from customer services which never happened. Now get a "ho ho ho we are closed until 4 Jan" when calling. Money taken on order. Looking to Citizens Advice as to where to go from here. I am surprised that looking at the history of complaints about this company that nothing has been done to stop them trading.
  • kelly10766
    Options
    I am having a similar problem with this company. I placed an order for express delivery because I work in a special school and needed presents for Santa visiting. The items did not arrive so I requested a refund. I have made several phone calls and emails and only ever get to speak to 'reception' when you call their customer service number. I am really angry they can treat people like this and have reported them to watchdog, trading standards and am using social media to warn others. I have been told several times they will contact me within 1-2 days but am yet to hear from them.The reply to my lateset email was something along the lines of 'maximum number of communcations reached, this has not been logged.' I thought communication was a two way process!
    I had to go out the night before santa was coming to school to ensure my special needs pupils got a gift, which meant in turn, I am out of pocket because the school understandably cannot afford to pay for two lots of gifts. I love my job, but I cant afford this just before Christmas, however I couldn't bear the thought of my class being the only ones that didn't receive gifts.
    PLEASE avoid this company if you don't want to be disappointed just before Christmas.
  • Lisa81jem
    Options
    I brought a bubble tube in October 2017 for my son. It was 350 pound it arrived scratched and unfit for purpose. I have called 21 times and I've received call log e mails saying someone will contact me. I have also requested an refund and sent my complaints 3 times. To date they have not returned any of my calls or acknowledged my case.
    This company needs shutting down and naming and shaming.
    I am in the process if creating a FB page to name and Shame them. I do not care what legal action they want to throw at me. I will not stop either.
    Let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist you further. Even if this has to go to parliament, I'm going.
    Lisa
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lisa81jem wrote: »
    I brought a bubble tube in October 2017 for my son. It was 350 pound it arrived scratched and unfit for purpose. I have called 21 times and I've received call log e mails saying someone will contact me. I have also requested an refund and sent my complaints 3 times. To date they have not returned any of my calls or acknowledged my case.
    I am in the process if creating a FB page to name and Shame them. I do not care what legal action they want to throw at me. I will not stop either.
    Let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist you further. Even if this has to go to parliament, I'm going.
    Lisa

How did you pay? Have you tried contacting your bank/credit card provider?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Options
    Lisa81jem wrote: »
    Lisa

It would be an idea to google/ get advice on how to keep a Facebook naming/ shaming page running .

One small thing you could do practically would be to contact the charity skybadger and send them all the links about this company , as they seem to be advertising them.
    Then please come back and tell us what they say about it.

https://skybadger.co.uk/technology-kit/sensory-education/
    Blatant advert
  • hollydays
    edited 18 March 2018 at 4:10PM
    Options
    Here is a thread about them from mumsnet
    https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3171484-AIBU-Cheap-Disability-Aids

;..However, we decided to act differently and contacted our bank/ credit card. We provided all evidence of order, delivery, issues with service and products as well as all our emails and we managed to get our money back from our credit card provider (hope that makes sense).
    5 months on we were contacted by cheap disability aids threatening to take us to court, that we will be unable to order from any educational -sensory company within the UK, that we will have a bad credit etc. unless we pay the full amount and some charges!
    He must have emailed us over 20 times in a day and his emails were getting more and more angry and threatening.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    He must have emailed us over 20 times in a day and his emails were getting more and more angry and threatening.

Now that's the stage in which the police will get involved.
  • hollydays
    Options
    Bumping old thread

Just adding latest press article from the guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/mar/04/cheap-disability-aids-trading-standards-contact
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure