First post

Options

Comments

• Ray_Singh-Blue
    Options
    Smed, there are people here who have had serious financial success - I think of Gadgetmind and Marine Life, for example, check out their post histories. And bowlhead99 and others who post great sense. You can learn a lot from these guys, if you want.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Smed wrote: »
    bowlhead99, I wonder how this Anthorn person managed to wind you up to such an extent which to me is quite astounding. My guess is that they did not recognise the quite obvious signs of mental illness and did it accidentally. I don't want to continue this line of discussion because if you harmed some vulnerable person or even a child because of it I could never forgive myself. I recommend that you seek urgent help. Anthorn might also consider disclosing to a law enforcement agency about your attention just to be safe.
    Wow :eek:

Really quite unbelievable and worrying.

I shall remove my offer of a hug.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    Go away troll
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    I'm done with this thread
    <posts again>
    Are you Anthorn?

(* dons tin hat *)

;)
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »

(* dons tin hat *)

;)
    I guess i asked for that...

Sometimes it's fun to give into temptation as long as you don't make it too much of a habit.

duty_calls.png

Byee again :)
  • AndyT678
    AndyT678 Posts: 757 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I guess i asked for that...

Sometimes it's fun to give into temptation as long as you don't make it too much of a habit.

duty_calls.png

Byee again :)

Since you're clearly a fan, how about an xkcd themed challenge? Could you get through an entire day of posting using only the ten hundred most common words? https://xkcd.com/simplewriter/
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    AndyT678 wrote: »
    Since you're clearly a fan, how about an xkcd themed challenge? Could you get through an entire day of posting using only the ten hundred most common words? https://xkcd.com/simplewriter/

He would probably struggle to get through an entire post, let alone an entire day, using only ten hundred (strange wording:cool:) words - most common or otherwise :rotfl::rotfl:
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Actually I posted a polite introduction. How was I to know that would result in quite savage and sustained personal attacks? Am I supposed to just sit back and take it and say nothing?
    Smed, just wanted to say that actually, you posted a badly worded polite introduction that appeared to invite a financial related response, and which responses required posters to try to clarify your personal financial circumstances before offering comment. Comments which you obviously took offence at and has led to this diatribe of a thread.

Please re-read your original post with an open mind and I would like to think that you will be able to see how this whole thing has unfolded.

This thread is a bit like the new US Commander in Grief, makes a badly worded tweet and then the rest of the world spends weeks on end trying to decide what it really meant.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    This thread is a bit like the new US Commander in Grief, makes a badly worded tweet and then the rest of the world spends weeks on end trying to decide what it really meant.

To be fair, a badly worded tweet from POTUS could result in us all being turned into ash. A badly worded post from Smed can only lead to bemusement or maybe amusement.

Although if I was Bowlhead I might be considering stocking up on baked beans and building my fallout shelter, just in case ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The above is my first post.

To me my first post is concise and to the point. What I actually objected to and still do object to are demands to post my personal profile by those who have never posted their personal profile.
    Maybe you need to re-read replies. No-one has "demanded" info, they might have requested more details to be able to assist with suggestions but that is a very different thing
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure