First post

Options

Comments

• Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Unless Mark Ett is the name of the nurse telling him it's time to take his medication.
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    Unless Mark Ett is the name of the nurse telling him it's time to take his medication.

Mark Ett would just be pretending to be a nurse though!

He would really be a fantasist, penniless wanna be millionaire, spending all his time on forums advising his fellow jobless how to invest in....blah, blah, blah.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    Smed wrote: »
    anyone who uses Wikipedia and not a dictionary must also be Anthorn. LOL.

But poor Anthorn. You've got your teeth into him/her and you're not going to get them out are you. Your fixation with Anthorn combined with your apparent lack of compassion displays quite a serious psychological problem. You have already posted in the Micro investing thread that Anthorn is a disabled pensioner living in sheltered accommodation so you are aware of that.
    I have no idea whether Anthorn is disabled and have never posted that he is.
    But still you continue to accuse and abuse him/her. Those closest to you might like to be on their guard against your paranoia and schizophrenia.
    All discussion with "Anthorn" has ceased. This thread is for discussions of your opinions and actions. It is why you created the thread.
    know what is coming against me because all of you are so repetitive. LOL.
    Good to see you are still laughing out loud a couple of times in this post and are not claiming that you feel bullied, abused or ganged up on anymore.
    I have already given my advice several times in this thread. Go out and get a job and earn a living instead of posting on MSE all day every day. At least drag yourselves away from your computers and go do something useful. There are actually lots of people out there to talk to. You might even meet a few new friends. What stands out in this thread and others is the paranoia and schizophrenia. I agree that is not a laughing matter but the whole point is that none of you realize that you suffer from them. Obvious to me.
    As an example of the hundreds of threads in which i participate, I received the following piece of feedback earlier today on the board...

"Just wanted to say a huge thank you to bowlhead99 (and others) for the help; you are a true asset to this community and I'm incredibly grateful for the time you've spent answering my questions, as well as so many others on here."

Every so often I take a break from posting for a few weeks and drag myself away. The positive comments about my participation and the hundreds of thousands of pounds-worth of saved costs, reduced taxes, limited investment losses, saved research time, and effective growth opportunities used by a great many forum readers - as a result of posts from me and a great many others - are a good enough reason for me to return and continue to participate in what is a useful forum.

Of course, once in a while you find someone who just wants to troll or spam or have an argument. If they accuse you of being an unemployed layabout schizophrenic fantasist, it can be OK to retort by poking a little fun at their expense. They might not enjoy the ensuing banter if most people disagree with their stance, but they are welcome to abandon the thread and then it will die a natural death.
  • racey
    racey Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't want to continue this line of discussion .
    Please don't continue this discussion. It's getting very unpleasant.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My guess is that they did not recognise the quite obvious signs of mental illness and did it accidentally. I don't want to continue this line of discussion because if you harmed some vulnerable person or even a child because of it I could never forgive myself.

Smed, you started being offensive by suggesting that people who had time to post during the working day were unemployed layabouts who should get proper jobs.

Your repeated references to mental illness takes the offensiveness to a different level.

Please stop.

I think it is fairly clear to everybody that you have little idea what you are talking about and since you don't actually want to ask for advice, and have nothing to give, then why are you wasting your time on here?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Smed
    Smed Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Smed, you started being offensive by suggesting that people who had time to post during the working day were unemployed layabouts who should get proper jobs.

Actually I posted a polite introduction. How was I to know that would result in quite savage and sustained personal attacks? Am I supposed to just sit back and take it and say nothing?

Truth. What are we to make of those who continually post during the day, every day when other people are at work earning a living. You decide.
  • bowlhead99
    edited 21 April 2017 at 9:22PM
    Options

Truth. What are we to make of those who continually post during the day, every day when other people are at work earning a living. You decide.

Apart from the obvious point made by someone else that if your life has gone well, you will be freed from the shackles of employment and have a satisfying amount of capital to live off, a very long time before you lose your mental acuity and ability to post on the internet about savings and investments... I made some relevant comments over 100 posts ago which you chose to ignore:
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    There are of course plenty of knowledgeable people giving their time for free at all hours of the day and night, whenever they have time to participate. Whether you're getting a comment from someone who is semi retired age 55 with plenty of time to post at 2pm, or an office worker posting at 6.30am before their morning commute, or 9am after their commute, or 11am on their cigarette break from a mobile, or 2am from a hotel room in Chicago when bored on a business trip, or 4am while on their lunch break on secondment in Singapore... it is probably better to allow them to do that and see what they have to say rather than dismissing it out of hand because of the time of day that they posted.

What I'm saying is that there is no 'normal' time to post on the internet so you don't need to deride someone as a fantasist just because they are posting at a time that you think that a 'normal' person would be deep in a client meeting or their wife.

If you don't think those things are at all realistic, maybe it's because you have some preconceptions and overly polarised and prejudiced views about the nature of people who hang out on internet forums.

I wonder how it is you have come to form such views about the motivations behind what one finds on the internet? Is it perhaps by spending a lot of time on internet forums trolling people?

If you woke up and dropped your prejudices rather than calling everyone mentally ill, perhaps there would be enlightening things for you to learn about savings and investments and some of the more positive sides of human nature.
  • Smed
    Smed Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    Apart from the obvious point made by someone else that if your life has gone well, you will be freed from the shackles of employment and have a satisfying amount of capital to live off, a very long time before you lose your mental acuity and ability to post on the internet about savings and investments... I made some relevant comments over 100 posts ago which you chose to ignore:

If you don't think those things are at all realistic, maybe it's because you have some preconceptions and overly polarised and prejudiced views about the nature of people who hang out on internet forums.

I wonder how it is you have come to form such views about the motivations behind what one finds on the internet? Is it perhaps by spending a lot of time on internet forums trolling people?

If you woke up and dropped your prejudices rather than calling everyone mentally ill, perhaps there would be enlightening things for you to learn about savings and investments and some of the more positive sides of human nature.

I see that you wish to continue the line of discussion which I previously said should stop.

You have made your position very clear. You say without a shred of evidence that I am really the forum member known as "Anthorn". From that I come to two possible explanations. You are phishing for my personal information and I am expected to post evidence that I am who I say I am as was done with Anthorn. Alternatively you are seeing things which in reality don't exist. Normal people don't do that. That explanation is reinforced by your new accusation that I am a troll. Again seeing things that in reality do not exist. I go for that last explanation because it is revealed in your posts for everyone to read.

I really cannot think of a different explanation for your actions.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I see that you wish to continue the line of discussion which I previously said should stop.

You have made your position very clear. You say without a shred of evidence that I am really the forum member known as "Anthorn". From that I come to two possible explanations. You are phishing for my personal information and I am expected to post evidence that I am who I say I am as was done with Anthorn. Alternatively you are seeing things which in reality don't exist. Normal people don't do that. That explanation is reinforced by your new accusation that I am a troll. Again seeing things that in reality do not exist. I go for that last explanation because it is revealed in your posts for everyone to read.

I really cannot think of a different explanation for your actions.

To what purpose are you currently continuing on this thread, it doesn't seem to be of any purpose to you or anyone else.

Probably best to close this thread out as it genuinely seems that you are trolling whilst claiming to be a victim.
  • bowlhead99
    Options
    The line of discussion that you were continuing was "What are we to make of those who continually post during the day, every day when other people are at work earning a living. You decide​."

That was an invitation for comment about why people might post at all hours of the day. I explicitly quoted and responded to that part of your post only. Your other garbage comments about "sustained personal attacks", I politely ignored. Therefore, i don't see that i "wish to continue a line of discussion that you previously said should stop". I was replying only to your request to comment.

I'm done with this thread, so please feel free to have the last word. I'm sure everyone here will have a newfound respect for you if you use it to say something nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure