Kensington Mortgage application timescale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
824 replies 135.7K views

Replies

• Billy2611Billy2611 Forumite
    4 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    @baldebhoy1888, that’s a really good time frame!
    We are currently waiting on our offer.
    AIP 30th April
    Full application made 4th May sent in 3 months bank statements, payslips, gifted deposit information,P60’s. Instructed valuation on same day.
    Asked more questions on the 7th about old defaults and a few questions on bank statements. 
    We are hoping to get our offer in the next two weeks :) 
  • baldebhoy1888baldebhoy1888 Forumite
    2 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    @Billy2611 actually was very swift, no questions at all after the valuation, as seen some ones on here saying volumes of paperwork, must say went very well.
    Please god now all goes well with yours.

• EmzJenksEmzJenks Forumite
    146 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @baldebhoy1888 @Billy2611 Both really positive stories! Our full app went in today along with every single piece of paperwork I could think of so hope I get the same timeframe as you guys :) 
  • EmilyS21EmilyS21 Forumite
    11 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi guys,

we have our mortgage application in with Kensington at the mo. Our broker is amazing and prepared all documents that you have all listed. We had no questions back and they booked the valuation in for next week. 
    Do you think this is a positive and we will get an offer?
    any advice is appreciated as we’re going out of our minds!
  • Hhp321Hhp321 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Also in the process of Kensington application atm. AIP was given on the 21/04 and full application went in a day or so after. We submitted most of the documents needed up front. They came back and had a question re solicitor suitability which was ironed out, they had another couple of qs at the same time (confusion over my partner's commute to work as the hq address was London) all of which our broker took care of for us. Our deposit is gifted so they wanted the gifters bank statements and we've paid for valuation which I believe was taking place yesterday or today 🤞. Our broker has advised us we should get an offer relatively soon. I'm still expecting it all to fall through 😅. Best of luck everyone!
    11 posts
    10 Posts
    Hhp321 said:
    Also in the process of Kensington application atm. AIP was given on the 21/04 and full application went in a day or so after. We submitted most of the documents needed up front. They came back and had a question re solicitor suitability which was ironed out, they had another couple of qs at the same time (confusion over my partner's commute to work as the hq address was London) all of which our broker took care of for us. Our deposit is gifted so they wanted the gifters bank statements and we've paid for valuation which I believe was taking place yesterday or today 🤞. Our broker has advised us we should get an offer relatively soon. I'm still expecting it all to fall through 😅. Best of luck everyone!
    Good luck! Let me know when you get your offer or if you have any questions after offer. I just want the wait to be over now, the lack of sleep from stress is horrendous!
  • Hhp321Hhp321 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    EmilyS21 said:
    Hhp321 said:
    Good luck! Let me know when you get your offer or if you have any questions after offer. I just want the wait to be over now, the lack of sleep from stress is horrendous!
    It really is! It's like being in limbo. I will keep you posted and best of luck 🤞
  • girlie1412girlie1412 Forumite
    8 posts
    First Post
    Hhp321 said:
    Did you get your offer? 
    We are in a similar position full application submitted 19/4/21 valuation not instructed as yet and as mortgage broker states due to backlog. 
    We have been asked to provide proof of deposit and three months mortgage payments in savings. Which is provided all. 
    Last question was regarding £7000.00 lodged into our bank due to sale of bike. We have tracked the buyer and provided receipt for that monies. Our deposit is £75000 so £7000 did go towards deposit. 
    We have to start paying surveys etc and I am afraid we will be declined after money is spent. 
  • EmzJenksEmzJenks Forumite
    146 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    How is everyone's applications going? Anyone got their offers yet?
    11 posts
    10 Posts
    EmzJenks said:
    How is everyone's applications going? Anyone got their offers yet?
    We’re still waiting, MA thinks it will hopefully be Monday. 
    It’s such a stressful time! 
    How’s yours?