Kensington Mortgage application timescale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
708 replies 129.2K views

Replies

• Sian2021Sian2021 Forumite
    2 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hello everyone, just wondered if this is good news? 
    DIP on the 12th April 
    from then up to now 21st April we’ve been asked for, payslips, p60s, landlord reference, partners work reference, proof of deposit and 3 months of mortgage payments, childcare cost (free because family look after the children), 

is that good or? Is there a lot more to come? I’m forever refreshing my emails to see if the MA has emailed me for further info. 
  • nmw84nmw84 Forumite
    5 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It sounds like yours is progressing about the same as ours, the only thing we haven't personally been asked for is the work reference however this was put on the original application so not sure if they've contacted our employers based on this. Our valuation was booked in today so I'm also hoping that's a good sign. It's been a very tedious process with constant requests for more information/documents rather than just asking for them all at the same time. Fingers crossed it will all be worth it. Sian2021 said:
    Hello everyone, just wondered if this is good news? 
    DIP on the 12th April 
    from then up to now 21st April we’ve been asked for, payslips, p60s, landlord reference, partners work reference, proof of deposit and 3 months of mortgage payments, childcare cost (free because family look after the children), 

is that good or? Is there a lot more to come? I’m forever refreshing my emails to see if the MA has emailed me for further info. 

• EmzJenksEmzJenks Forumite
    101 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We got an AIP with Kensington but only told them about a deposit - but can see here they are asking for three months of mortgage payments in the bank as well? We don't have that and weren't told that was a requirement? 
  • WalesgirlWalesgirl Forumite
    36 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    EmzJenks said:
    We got an AIP with Kensington but only told them about a deposit - but can see here they are asking for three months of mortgage payments in the bank as well? We don't have that and weren't told that was a requirement? 
    We had to give evidence of 3 months bank statements. Our broker didn't tell us until we put our application in. Luckily we had the money to show we had it. It"s so hard when a FTB 
  • Sian2021Sian2021 Forumite
    2 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    @nmw84

The valuation was instructed last week, and haven’t heard anything from them since then. 

Not sure if to take that as good news? 
    I’ve emailed my MA for any updates and she says there is none, so my fingers are crossed for an offer! 

I’m still forever checking my emails. 

Good luck to you. 
  • nmw84nmw84 Forumite
    5 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    @Sian2021 we still haven't heard anything. 
    We had to have the 3 months mortgage payments 'Gifted' so they asked for birth certificates as proof of relationship and this was given yesterday so I'm hoping we hear something next week. 
  • CCF2108CCF2108 Forumite
    4 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi folks, 
    Applied with Kensington 22/04, sent docs 3 mths payslips, P60, bank statements, proof of deposit. Advised on 30/04 valuation instructed. They've came back yesterday saying our solicitor doesn't meet their criteria and requires 3 or more partners and on the home charter scheme (spoke to solicitor who advised they have more than 3 partners and are on the scheme) so queried this with broker who advised its back with the underwriter as rather than changing solicitor at this stage we are hoping it's an oversight. Anyone out there had this issue with Kensington and in anyones experience are we close to an offer once this is resolved? Thanks in advance folks 
  • Londoner0707Londoner0707 Forumite
    14 posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all - I had a DIP accepted on the 29th April. My full application was submitted on Wednesday and I have seen a hard search on my credit file from Kensington on the same day (5th May). I have sent over all the required documents etc. Do they ask a lot more questions or is the next step to wait for a valuation date to be booked in?

• EmzJenksEmzJenks Forumite
    101 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys, I have a DIP with Kensington. We've found a house, but holding off on going to full application as the owners of that house still need to find. We're looking to borrow £152,000, put £17,000 down. £5000 gifted from my sister. All of this is all ok, as my sister can provide all the necessary proofs her side. It's the 3 months mortgage payments proof I'm worried about. My employer very kindly allowed me to save my bonuses from last year in one of the businesses bank accounts (ie somewhere I couldn't touch it, thought it'd be safer haha), which I thought I'd use as my solicitors, moving costs fund. However now I know Kensington need 3 months of mortgage payments in the bank as well, I've asked my employer to transfer the £5000 into my account so it's in the bank, which they've now done. They've also written a letter confirming the funds were mine, and that this is not a loan or gift etc. Do you think this will be ok? I can obviously give Kensington the letter, the statement from the business account it was held in, and then the evidence of it coming into my account, but I'm worried they might not accept this? Any advice would be great. I'm a bit of a worrier and already stressed at the process with Kensington and the time it apparently takes with them
  • baldebhoy1888baldebhoy1888 Forumite
    2 posts
    Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi all
    ive just used Kensington 
    first time buyer,  one year self employed,
    dip, 16/4/21
    full app 17/4/21
    came back for three months bank stats, 
    full tax returns, sa 302,
    two queries of names and addresses which were on my credit file( nothing to do with me, so had to contact experian to remove all)

valuation 5/5/21 
    mortgage approved and offer received today,  11/5/21,
    very swift and not much hastle to be fair.
    two questions re covid payments both answered honestly, 
    hope this helps others