edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
689 replies 123.5K views
1636465666769»

Replies

• WeebootsWeeboots Forumite
    11 posts
    Fifth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Elwyn said:
    So turns out all my worrying over the recent negative reviews of Kensington were unfounded. 
    Application went in 4th of Feb. Requests for further documents on the 8th and the 12th, nothing unexpected. Then all went silent.
    Broker phones today to say we have an offer! Exactly 3 weeks since submitting application.

Now onto worrying about solicitors taking a long time...
    I’m literally two weeks behind you and this has made me feel less stressed ! Lol so thank you ! 
    I’m sure you are delighted with ur offer & good luck with the move ! 
    Hopefully in 2/3 weeks I’ll be in the same boat 😃
  • robfranklinrobfranklin Forumite
    20 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi all, long time lurker here.

just curious around the stages and order in which Kensington do things in and would appreciate a bit of advice. 
    Getting a remortgage with Kensington to consolidate debt, had initial DIP approved on 3rd of March, then full application submitted 8th and then follow up documents requested on the 12th.

Now have a valuation booked in for Monday 22nd. Can I check if this means I passed underwriting (with exception of valuation). Seems very quick considering what everyone on here has been saying!

thanks all.
    11 posts
    We have just had our offer . . Just shy of 5 weeks with a IT error but yay !!! Offer officially received 😊
    11 posts

just curious around the stages and order in which Kensington do things in and would appreciate a bit of advice. 
    Getting a remortgage with Kensington to consolidate debt, had initial DIP approved on 3rd of March, then full application submitted 8th and then follow up documents requested on the 12th.

Now have a valuation booked in for Monday 22nd. Can I check if this means I passed underwriting (with exception of valuation). Seems very quick considering what everyone on here has been saying!

thanks all.
    We applied 15th Feb and our offer came through today 😊 
    good luck 
  • robfranklinrobfranklin Forumite
    20 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Weeboots said:

thanks all.
    good luck 
    That’s amazing! Bet you’re chuffed :) did you have a free valuation out of interest or paid for? Just find out with mine that the valuation is now delayed till Thursday as the surveyor got lost! Argh!
  • LGR2210LGR2210 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi All, would really appreciate some help .We have had our AIP a couple of weeks ago for a new build using H2B. My credit history is adverse to say the least but my partners is 999 perfect. We have the AIP and submitted the formal application last Monday (15th March). 

Kensington instantly came back asking for 
    -p60's
    -proof of 3 months mortgage payments 
    -gift deposit letter too
    -wet signature declaration
    -employer reference for me

Which we have provided all of the above. I have only been in my new job for 12 weeks too and received 2 months payslips (soon to be 3 end of the week) so this is a worry. We are really worried as we have now got to start paying for optional extras (non-refundable) to the property company or we may miss the first fixing deadline. Our mortgage advisor just keeps saying that there will be no problem at all but has anyone else been through this?

Thank you all so much
    Luca
    11 posts
    Weeboots said:

thanks all.
    good luck 
    That’s amazing! Bet you’re chuffed :) did you have a free valuation out of interest or paid for? Just find out with mine that the valuation is now delayed till Thursday as the surveyor got lost! Argh!
    Hi yes we are chuffed 😃 the valuation was free and was about 10 days after we got our offer & we did have an it issues at Kensington end which they were actually great at sorting ! Good luck 
    11 posts
    LGR2210 said:
    Hi All, would really appreciate some help .We have had our AIP a couple of weeks ago for a new build using H2B. My credit history is adverse to say the least but my partners is 999 perfect. We have the AIP and submitted the formal application last Monday (15th March). 

-p60's
    -gift deposit letter too

Which we have provided all of the above. I have only been in my new job for 12 weeks too and received 2 months payslips (soon to be 3 end of the week) so this is a worry. We are really worried as we have now got to start paying for optional extras (non-refundable) to the property company or we may miss the first fixing deadline. Our mortgage advisor just keeps saying that there will be no problem at all but has anyone else been through this?

Thank you all so much
    Luca
    LGR2210 said:

-p60's
    -gift deposit letter too

Thank you all so much
    Luca
    Hi 
    we were asked for all of this & we have both starred new jobs 
    me less than a year and my partner just 3 months at applying 

it’s hard not to stress, but Kensington were great with us about 5 weeks they may have stress our MA more lol 

good luck 
  • _AandL__AandL_ Forumite
    75 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Any self employed in people had success with Kensington in the last couple of months?