Which Forum badges are you aiming for next?

Options

Comments

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Can I claim a badge for home contents insurance please?
    I got a quote for £56 with a voucher for £50 love to shop voucher this was bought through Yorkshire B.S.....so cost to me £6 for the year.
  • Tomis000
    Tomis000 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi,

Not sure how this works, whether it's OK to just list stuff, but... I'm not a big poster on here, but I'm an avid reader and it's the first place I turn to for financial advice. And have taken so much onboard...
    Every year I scour for cheapest car insurance, home insurance and switch to new energy provider if its cheaper, I work for the NHS and have claimed uniform rebate, I use topcashback and quidco and have received loads of money back, we're avid recyclers as the bin is full every week. Do I need to prove these things or can you badge me up?
    I'm also on a mission to be mortgage free within the next 7 years, and might start up a post for that soon. I've also stopped drinking altogether to save money, but you don't have a badge for that.

Cheers, Tom!
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    :j woo hoo! I got some new badges :T
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Fabulous! :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 September 2018 at 1:11PM
    Options
    Hello! Just thought I'd add my stuff (wants request, please! :D)

Cashback cashier
    I've earned around £1850 from tcb and another £750 from Quidc0

Home insurance haggler
    Insurance cost £120 for year - tcb £94.50 received for that - bargain!

Recycling
    I'm almost 50 - I made my mum recycle when I was a teenager, before it was the 'usual' thing. Took part in zero waste week when it first started and had a piece and photos in local magazine, having accumulated less than a carrier bag's worth of rubbish for a family of 5 for a week (inc one in nappies)

Energy
    I'm a member of MSE energy club. I frequently change supplier (usually getting cashback for doing so) to ensure we are on the best deal for our household :)

Thank you :) (said hopefully... :D)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Badges awarded greent :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would love to have an Energy Saving Champion badge - regular as clockwork I ditch and switch, compare using MSE CEC and get the best deal every May.

I didn't post about how much I saved but did post a review for SO Energy when I moved away.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74391417&postcount=91 and https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74279555&postcount=292

I think the next one I'll be working towards is Mortgage free glee - little overpayments will come to fruitian one day ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • - used the Car Insurance tips and went with black box insurance to reduce the costs
    - made a PPI complaint on an old Capital One card and received money back
    - applied for a uniform tax rebate and received a cheque for that

:)
  • Paul_DNAP
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Recycling
    I'm almost 50 - I made my mum recycle when I was a teenager, before it was the 'usual' thing. Took part in zero waste week when it first started and had a piece and photos in local magazine, having accumulated less than a carrier bag's worth of rubbish for a family of 5 for a week (inc one in nappies)

I didn't know there was a recycling badge.

I wash out and keep all my bottles, cans, cardboard, paper and plastic and when I have a bag full I go for my early evening walk I trot it all along to the Tesco recycling bins and drop it in the appropriate slots.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Please can I have a giving-up-the-fags badge - to celebrate three years this month? :D

Also have been an avid re-cycler since looong before it became a desirable trait - even the dog's food bags get washed and reused until they fall apart, and my recycled bike-tyre-soled sandals look like they'll last me the rest of my days [must have saved a pretty penny with those over the years since I cobbled 'em together - not having to buy replacements ;)].
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback