Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Options

Comments

• uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't speak for others, but I had always presumed that the latest across the board increases widely puiblicised and announced by SSE also covered the legacy Ebico rates, that is unless SSE said specifically otherwise. Which it hasn't.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    I've had a welcome pack in the post from EBICO a couple of days ago.

Seems OK.

I've just registered online (very easy, and my welcome pack is there as a pdf) and it tells me they will ask for my meter reading in 9 days

Did you switch using the ebicochoice website first? Ive tried twice - says Pack on its way in days but everytime I return that site just indicates, as I said before, as if I have not made a choice.
    But for the main Ebico website I do not have a password, nor can I register without a account no. which I dont think I have , unless it was sent years ago , only a SSE account number for my equiGas.
    So I am stuck between the two. I could try ringing Ebico but they are likely overwhelmed by callers as their website announces and may not get through but I don't want to lose out to the RHE deal.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Well to add to all of this confusion I've just heard on Radio 4's You and Yours that Robin Hood price's will go up by 17% for standard rate users.

So even if we go to RH, after the fixed rate that we have promised until December, prices after that could go up by 22% if you strip out the discount.

So I think a long look at all this is needed. Could be SSE prices could be cheaper.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • jouef
    jouef Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    uk1 wrote: »
    Thank you for presuming and telling me what I have read ...
    As you have (still) not told me what you read I had little choice
    ... and presuming it is wrong, the bits that support you are right those that don't are wrong.
    I referred to both sides having accused the other of breach of contract, and do not share your trust in SSE so do not prefer their version (in fact I have not said I believe either company).
    You exhibit classic signs of starting off with a conclusion that because you think it is "fact" ... [etc]
    I have not shared my conclusion yet (my question appears at the end of post # 238).
  • uk1
    edited 24 March 2017 at 11:18PM
    Options
    jouef wrote: »
    I referred to both sides having accused the other of breach of contract, and do not share your trust in SSE so do not prefer their version (in fact I have not said I believe either company).

Yes, you have.

You have said you don't trust SSE, but didn't say you don't trust Ebico. You then gave examples of stuff you disagreed with from SSE. You didn't do the same for Ebico.

Seems clear to me.

I give you my word that not everyone that disagrees with you is dumb.

:)
  • jouef
    Options
    [Originally Posted by jouef viewpost.gif
    ... I have not said I believe either company]
    Yes, you have.

You have said you don't trust SSE, but didn't say you don't trust Ebico. You then gave examples of stuff you disagreed with from SSE. You didn't do the same for Ebico.

Seems clear to me.
    I repeat, and you have shown above, I have not said I believe either company. I have indeed said I do not trust SSE; maybe I do not trust Ebico either - I haven't said so yet. It would be helpful if, instead of point-scoring, you referenced the source of your claim that Ebico breached their contract with SSE. We can than weigh it against any source of Ebico's counter-claim to help assess both companies' relative ethics, this being an important consideration for me in deciding who to buy energy from.
  • uk1
    Options
    jouef wrote: »
    I repeat, and you have shown above, I have not said I believe either company. I have indeed said I do not trust SSE; maybe I do not trust Ebico either - I haven't said so yet. It would be helpful if, instead of point-scoring, you referenced the source of your claim that Ebico breached their contract with SSE. We can than weigh it against any source of Ebico's counter-claim to help assess both companies' relative ethics, this being an important consideration for me in deciding who to buy energy from.

In almost every post you seem to be projecting your own behaviour - in this case "point scoring" on others.

You appear to be deciding your next supplier based on ethics. SSE have been clear about it's increases. Do you believe that when a few days ago Ebico said:

I feel, now, that it is important that customers are given the information that SSE neglected to include in its recent marketing correspondence.

Ebico Zero is already at least 4.5% cheaper than EquiGas & EquiPower

SSE will, on the 28th April, be increasing its electricity price by around 14% SSE, unlike Ebico, has not offered a price guarantee until December 2017

Quite apart from the omission of this key information, I am surprised at the apparent lack of imagination in SSE HQ, renaming EquiGas & EquiPower as ‘SSE Zero’ – which sounds remarkably similar to our ‘Ebico Zero’ offer.
    ...... they were unaware of the planned increases from RHE?

Do you believe it was ethical for them to fail to disclose this material and important information to customers at any point during it's recent communications?
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    RHE are increasing their standard rates. It does not say they are increasing the Ebico rates. Ebico have clearly stated their rates are cheaper and guaranteed until Dec. Is something unclear to anyone?

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • jouef
    Options
    Do you believe it was ethical for them ... [etc]
    Perhaps we could clear up the original question before we move on to the ethics of Ebico's comment on pricing (in fact other posters are already dealing with this so we may not need to). So, on what source did you base your claim that Ebico breached a contract?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure