PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th February 2017

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Been working quite a bit today, bits of flying in between. Had a late-ish night last night collecting DS1 from the pub, he was very drunk and it was difficult not to see the funny side of it. I did gently suggest to him today that it probably wasnt the best idea to get in that sort of a state but you are only 18 once! He redeemed himself by making a lasagne for tea.

Some washing dried outside, DH is still busy painting the utility doors - it looks fantastic. Fire lit and a glass of wine poured now.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Yl did I miss that it was your ds 18th yesterday, if so a very happy birthday to him (it sounds like it was a merry one if that was the case)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

Dizzy hugs to you

Work done and not a lot else
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 80/80km (10.06.24 all done)
    Sun, Sea
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all :T

Hope everyone is well - Dizzy you are in my thoughts love xx

Looking forward to getting back to normal this week - I adore my children but this half term has been a challenge - mainly due to the weather being so rubbish. Teacher training day tomorrow so DD goes back on Tuesday and DS on Wednesday (he doesn't go to Pre-school on Tuesdays).

Must get a wiggle on, I want to wash the bedding as it has finally stopped raining! Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 February 2017 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Morning!

Lazy day has arrived :D
    Just made coffee (and cut up a cereal box for DD who is making a tv apparently...) and come back to bed, to find DS in the middle on my kindle :rotfl:

I'm hoping for a dry day too, to wash bedding and get those piggies out on the lawn for a while (LW our boy pig has a cyst, I think it will need removing surgically :() they've been indoors since before our hols. Sky looks a bit grey though.

I tidied our DR yesterday and removed all the tat except the chazza corner. I think today I might sort the garage counter of doom. And have a homework slot for all 3 of us ;)

Hugs to everyone especially Valli and dizzy xx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Morning all,

We are back from our 2 day escape, and this means back to reality, so just posting myself a list.

Go for run
    Walk dog
    Hoover and mop kitchen and conservatory
    Wash and iron uniform and PE kit
    Text friend re uniform
    Homework enforcement
    Fill in reading records
    Get girls to sort school bags
    More ironing
    Find somewhere for coats to go (coat hooks are no more due to renovation)
    Change girls bedding
    Empty 2 more boxes of kitchen stuff (to where????? Not enough cupboards now!)
    Dust lr
    Hoover lr
    Mop lr
    Dust girls room
    Hoover and mop all downstairs

Arghhhhhh best get going
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Big (((hugs))) to Dizzy. You couldn't make this week up if you tried... :cry:
    Well done Valli :T
    Glad the meet'n'greet went well, LW.
    Nice to have the holidaymakers back with us!

We had a lovely day with DGS3+4 yesterday, but am I tired this morning? - most definitely! Caught my thumb between the chair and table leg at lunchtime and the throbbing kept me for an hour until I gave in and took some ibuprofen.

I've already tidied round, prepped soup for lunch, and about to disappear off to church. Hoping to get out in the garden later.

See you all on the new thread. Hope everyone has a restful day today x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow, Dizzy. (((hugs)))

Healing vibes for the thumb, Ionafan.

Floors tackled yesterday so the whole place looks much smarter than it actually is. I'll shift the furniture round in the letting rooms later, ready for recarpeting I think.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    (LW our boy pig has a cyst, I think it will need removing surgically :()
    Oh no, poor little chap; hoping the medicine sorts him out; but if he does end up having an op, please post when it's to happen, and I'll muster up as much healing for him as I can - with candles, the whole nine yards.

Feeling dizzy today, no idea why; so having to do sitting down (or lying down) tasks; but I have some stuff to tidy up and copy over etc on flash drives, so can do that. Mr LW has given the bathroom a good scrub :A

Next guest due on Saturday, and I've had an email from her human suggesting times for dropping off and collecting at the end of her holiday (which I've agreed to) so that's all as organised as possible. She's a lovely Sprocker and has been to me before. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2017 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Fridge taken to recycling tip this morning.
    Toaster taken by scrap man
    All mending pile cleared.
    4 of the five kiddies round plus some parters so everyone fed.
    Dh is just taking ds1 plus friend to open mic
    Going to do some ironing now to get the pile down then it's call the midwife

Hugs to all who need them
    Hope the poorlies feel better soon.

Bossy our pusscat had a cyst On the back of his neck the vet used to drain it a few times but it refilled and needed doing again, once he had it removed he never had another problem. I hope if it does need removing everything goes well an he's much better once it's done.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport