PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th February 2017

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

The hug was well received Lynne and thanks everyone else, you are all truly lovely.. Things are a bit happier here, I was worried about DS2 who was behaving a bit strangely and staying out a lot more than usual. Turns out he has a new girlfriend and he was just being a bit secretive about it, rather than anything more sinister.

Work is still manic but I have booked a days holiday tomorrow so a long weekend - although I will have to do some work on job no. 2 at some point. DS1 seems happier at work so thats another problem eased, although he is having a wobble about his driving lessons.

Flying wise - things are reasonably clean and tidy. I need a massive wardrobe sort out though and my office looks a bit messy.

Hope no-one has been too badly affected by the weather, we seem to have got off quite lightly.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope everyone is safe. Stay well away from flying glass, Kaz.
    An enormous conifer toppled over in the street next to ours, but although we're higher up the hill, we seem to have escaped the gusts, and we only have deciduous trees behind our house, which are far less dangerous at this time of year.

So everything DH and I completed today is crossed off the list, leaving only 3 things (which can all wait until Saturday):
    - check the contents of a resource box which was returned to us this week before putting it away
    - update a financial file for the church (which involves some recording) then file the relevant papers
    - tidy and wipe down utility
    plus of course there are various bits of paperwork to be dealt with.
    That's not a bad result! - and the meal with the family went down very well :)

Of course I have ended up doing other things as well - like spending an hour this evening sorting out some old photos of me as a child with some of my toys for DGD1, who is doing a project about toys in the past. I still have Bruin, my teddy bear who used to belong to my mother, and DGD2 worked out (correctly) that he is 105 years old. I've found a photo of me with him when I was 4 and he was already in his 40s! (So now you can work out roughly how old I am too :p)

I am going to introduce DGD1+2 to Bruin tomorrow. They haven't stayed overnight but will be here at 9.00. After seeing how lively they were this evening, I think it will be a fun day :rotfl: I have just booked places for them at a "decorate a nest box" craft session at one of our local garden centres, so hopefully Doris will have calmed down by then.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening peoples

Pleased to read no person damage from 'Doris'

Seems like a good day for students. Well done Iona for completing your essay in good time, LW for finishing two more modules and I've finished last week's Spanish lessons (just started this week).

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Terrific Tuesday - Hall and porch- too cold to do porch !
    Extras
    Find a frog and start to nibble it - all paperwork in one heap :)

Wonderful Wednesday Bedroom
    Open the windows, strip the bed and leave it to air
    Turn mattress (IF you can!)
    Vacuum/wipe headboard
    Remake bed
    Extras
    Pick a drawer for a good sort out

Thursday Thrills - love that lounge

Friday - bathtime!
    Take all the stuff from the side of the bath
    scrub bath inside and out
    polish taps
    Flush the loo
    Scrub the bowl - don't forget under the rim
    With a clean cloth wipe the seat and outside of the loo
    Slug some bleach down there
    scrub the hand basin
    polish the towel rail
    wipe switches and pulls
    give everything a polish with a clean MF cloth
    Extras
    S&S the kitchen
    plan some me-time...spoil yourself
    don't stress over what you have NOT done..focus on what you HAVE achieved. New week next week!

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons for anyone needing some
    Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just lost a long post :(

Wm is on back later. Hugs to all x
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs to everyone who needs/wants one
    Glad the wind has died down, hope everyone is safe and no serious damage done.
    Kaz sorry to hear about your green house.

Better get on stuff to do, at least I've not added to my list as I did the bathroom earlier in the week do can play catch up today.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all :)

Sorry I've been AWOL, half term here so trying to fly is like p****ing in the wind :o I have kept up with the laundry but that's about it.

I did, however, help a pal fly yesterday. She has two kids under 2, and is drowning in the ensuing chaos. I left her house with a bootful of stuff to take to the charity shop, and had cleaned her house was top to bottom whilst she entertained my kiddies. She was so grateful and it has made a big difference to her mental state, so it was time wonderfully well spent.

Listed some more bits on ebay too. Other than that, I'll be fully back in next Tuesday when they go back xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome FoxFriend! :wave: And welcome back, FFP! Another :wave:
    loudmouth wrote: »
    I have a smear test due, I think it will be my last as I am 63 later this year. To be honest I feel daft having one at my age ....

You can ask for them to continue and I fully intend to do so. I lost my best friend largely because she flatly refused to have one so I'm pretty fanatical about them, much as I hate having them at the time.

Have read through but probably missed some things. I hope the morphine's sorted and you're over the trauma of the tests, LW, with appropriate diagnosisisisisisis (not sure what the plural is, but that probably covers it) and treatments. Love the idea of an eight year old cane toad being despatched in one hour, Mrs MP. Amazing about the phone, too. :wave: Piggers! (((hugs))) Dizzy. YL hope all is better now, and your vertigo has cleared Bossy. Thanks for the info on purple crocuses Ionafan - I wondered why they were popping up all over the lawn and as for your BiL Valli, he must be in a lot of pain to be so positively difficult. Love the pegbag, and long may you smile when you use it.

Barcelona was utterly fab and I heartily recommend it for an autumn and spring break. WM x 4 so far, one more to go that will wait until a brighter day as the TD has been twirling for quite a bit. Floors manky but they'll wait until I've got a bit more energy. Dancy/singy lodger leaves on Sunday, and both letting rooms are being re-carpeted next week so I'll be doing my impression of Mr Pic*ford with furniture shuffling. Roasting bendy root veg that the dogsitter didn't eat so I should be eating healthily for a few days. Bliss - to be home, back in my own bed, with Kelpie and Devil Cat with fish and chips cooked by OH. Can't get much better than that, can it?
    Better is good enough.
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    I have done zero flying this week, it's been my turn to cook.
    After a full day at work then cooking tea, all I want to do is slump in front of the laptop. I have decided I have become very lazy, so I'm planning on giving up my laptop for lent!
    We don't have TV, so I'm hoping that I will be bored enough without the laptop to get stuff done, I will be printing out a few old flylady lists and working thru those.
    BF doesn't think I'll last...we shall see.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

OH had the day off, he has been out and picked up all the broken glass from the green house about 8 panels of glass worth, he found another panel whole but across the lawn, and the whole green house has shifted about 8 inches off its base!!

Several trees in the park / one across the road came down

Daily stuff done
    and not a lot else.

Hugs to all xx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all.
    Been awol for a day or so but been catching up just now. ((Hugs)) to those that need them. Lots of assignments seem to be getting done, and everyone seems to be safe after Doris, although Kazw's greenhouse sounds a bit of a state. It was quite scary here yesterday but thankfully nothing too serious, just lots of debris across the roads. Those trees can move though!
    Nothing much achieved over the past couple of days apart from the usual dailies, and the bathroom got a sort-of clean. I've had some sort of bug lingering around, and yesterday evening it wiped me out. So it was sofa and blanket, then bed. Much better today, thankfully. Hopefully the guag will reappear over the weekend. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure