PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th February 2017

Options

Comments

• Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I've been a bit awol, its been a mad week with house stuff. Sandblasters came on Monday to do the roof trusses in the upstairs rooms. Hence I spent Tuesday and Wednesday almost constantly hoovering with an industrial hoover thing. I'm now stiff as a board! I took an hour off on Wednesday for a horseriding lesson, and fell off, which has not improved things. Then yesterday was spent starting to put what I can back in the kitchen (I'd boxed up most stuff to protect it, it was like moving house).
    The upstairs of it house is now bare ceilings and walls, and we've found cracks and shoddy bits that need rebuilding before we can start making it look nice. So we've all escaped for a weekend away, which was the only sensible thing to do!
    There seems so much going on with everyone.
    DizzyI hope things are OK with DSD, and your DH too. You really are going through the mill at the moment. Xxxxx
    Bossy how do you give a piggy medicine? Ps glad you had a good holiday.
    LW hope the meet and greet went well x
    I'm glad everyone stayed save in the storm, but sorry about your greenhouse Kaz
    Hugs to all, I'm hoping to be back a little more next week, but flying may have to take a bit of a back seat to DIY. Boo hiss.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

We are still in bed here but need to get up soon. Laundry almost up to date and downstairs is clean. Still a bit of dining room tat to sort.

BM I think the medicine must taste good - but basically I sat him on my lap and kind of cradled his head with one hand, and a tiny syringe in the other, that goes in sideways behind the big front teeth. Once it's in he sort of slurps and licks, it looks very funny lol.

Going to try for a quiet weekend here - only DD ballet to go out for.

Have a nice weekend xx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Busy_granny
    Options
    Thank you Polly bear,I've found it!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

After the fun of DGD1+2 yesterday, we're going to see DGS3+4 today - it's DGS3's 4th birthday. DDiL2 had her birthday on Wednesday, and DGS4 will be 2 in a couple of weeks' time, so a celebration lunch (at home) is in order.

I have been awake since 5.30 - went down and had a nice leisurely :coffee: and read a magazine before decorating the coffee cake that I'd made to cheer up DS2 - his Crohn's has kicked in badly. I've also got to take a fruit salad (bought mostly ready chopped frozen stuff yesterday evening, so it will be easy to throw together - just using a beautiful cut glass bowl makes something quite ordinary look rather special) and a huge pile of presents, including from DS1.

I said to DH that if we left home early enough, we could visit the heritage railway en route to the birthday party. He is a bit half-hearted about it today, having been extremely keen yesterday. Men!!!!!

Breakfast is ready, I am told. See you later. Hope everyone has a good weekend x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesss!

The last item of three which has been listed on Amaz0n for about 18 months has sold. This morning I have packed it, having rooted it out of the shed. So an empty shelf woot!
    Have also sewn up a button-front top because, well frankly, it was indecent. It will pop on over my head. It was my sisters; she'd never worn it either. In searching for something to wear (menopause means jumpers are out - I need shedable layers) I realise my drawers need vigorous pruning. But the house need cleaning first...
    Oh - more woots! My printer works with my works lappy.
    Note to self - must get permission to install SatNav software on it (since I use SatNav if I am on a course...)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Shopping done and put away (both ours and mils) mils tablets sorted and list of what needs ordering done for her to ring through.
    Rang thread shop, order not in yet.
    Tumble dryer collected from mils (she never uses it) and given to Dh work friend along with paperwork to show safety repair has been done and instruction book.
    Our old freezer has been given a good clean and will be given to same person next weekend.
    Going with dd3 to have first wedding dress alteration done, it just needs a little off the bottom.

Got some washing dry but it's raining here now so the rest is hung on the airing rack.

Have a lovely weekend all and stay safe.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I've just about had enough of this week! I'm on my phone as my Kindle won't type, DH is being an irritating patient, boys are bored rigid indoors as the weather is atrocious, the whole side of my house is missing due to building works and to top it all, a girl just crashed into the back of my van while I was waiting to turn onto my drive (she's OK, just very shaken, bless her).

Not doing any flying today - so there!

I've been trying catch up on all the news but brain not holding much information at the moment.

I'll be back on later xxxx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2017 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Oh dizzy my lovely karma is being so very horrible to you. It's about time some nice stuff started happening to you and yours. You could make a very black comedy of some of the things you have to endure. Hugs to you and I'm glad you and the other driver wasn't badly hurt, I hope your van is alright.

We had someone pull over and offer to buy our land rover this morning, lol right out of the blue and didn't know him from Adam. Very random.

Wedding dress looked as gorgeous this morning as we remember it from last time and it only needs about an inch off the front. Flowers need thinking about next.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Flippin' 'eck Dizzy just when you thought nothing else could happen.....:(

Bossy what's wrong with piggie that he needs medicine?:( Healing energy on it's way for him.

Meet'n'greet went well, doggie is an absolute gem; no booking from it though, as her humans haven't decided yet where/exactly when they want to take their holiday. :cool: So they need to either get their heads together and Make A Decision or chance whether I'm still available later on.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Hope they book a holiday and you get to pet sit very soon lw.

This evenings project is to turn a piece of fabric into an apron for dd3 to wear on thrusday, she going as belle for book day (I knew it would be a Disney character.)
    SPC~12 ot 124

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure