GREAT 0% BARCLAYCARD HUNT!

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It sounds like you've done all you can.

From here on all you can do is manage your credit status.

Doing this effectively will improve your chances of getting hold of a 0% card at some point in the future.

Several things to do to keep your credit profile lemon fresh.

1 - if you're having trouble getting new cards, stop applying, and don't apply for anything else that involves a credit check. No new bank accounts, no finance deals, no sofas on store credit. All those involve a credit search and lots of searches look bad. If you look bad you have trouble getting cards.

2 - make sure you are paying to terms. Don't ever pay late. It gets you a black mark. Even if it's just the minimum payment you're making, pay it on time.

3 - if you can't clear the balance every month, pay the minimum on all except the dearest. On that one, pay as much as you can manage. Always eliminate the most expensive debt first. Distributing payments evenly among all your cards is inefficient.

4 - cancel cards you don't really need. Sometimes they come out with good deals for existing customers, but that's a possible benefit of keeping them. A definite benefit of ditching them is that you don't look like a credit junkie.

5 - in a few months, order a copy of your credit file and make sure all your old credit deals are correctly recorded, including the defunct ones. This counts as a credit search, and too many of those looks bad; so don't do it yet if you've applied for a lot of other credit lately. wait until you've made a dent
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Rochdale_Guy Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks yet again western promise for that sound advice :)

Yep, it does look like I can't really do much more doesn't it :(

FYI, I have never missed a payment or been late.

I always pay just above the minimum payment on the lowest APR cards each month and the most off the highest each month.

Do you think I should ring back MBNA then and ask to close my zero balance card seeing as

a) I don't use it anymore - and -
    b) they can't / won't give me any new low rate fixed APR balance transfer rates then ?

I'm worried that closing an account gets put on your credit file and it somehow goes against you ???

I trust you and your advice, if you say "yes", then I'll phone them up later this and ask to close my account.

Thanks so far :-*
    RochdaleGuy
  • System
    Options
    Post taken from the 0% Barclaycard thread.
    Thanks yet again western promise for that sound advice :)

Yep, it does look like I can't really do much more doesn't it :(

FYI, I have never missed a payment or been late.

I always pay just above the minimum payment on the lowest APR cards each month and the most off the highest each month.

Do you think I should ring back MBNA then and ask to close my zero balance card seeing as

a) I don't use it anymore - and -
    b) they can't / won't give me any new low rate fixed APR balance transfer rates then ?

I'm worried that closing an account gets put on your credit file and it somehow goes against you ???

I trust you and your advice, if you say "yes", then I'll phone them up later this and ask to close my account.

Thanks so far :-*
    RochdaleGuy
    <<< not currently logged in >>>
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Options
    [glow=red,2,300]Ignore that please... wrong forum :-[ :D [/glow]
  • Clair_2-2
    Options
    Just cleaned my desk drawer out and guess what i found - I have one No% apr - No interest. No Time Limit application form - with a picture of the barclaycard premierhsip mastercard on the front.

The minumum spend is £1 /or 1p a month. It states that this application card is for existing customers only.

I already have my card so Rochdale Guy - if this is of use to you let me know and i will stick it in the post.
  • System
    Options
    if anyone has any forms spare (left over) would they be able to send them to me???

please email me
    and i'll send sae

many thanks Dean
  • System
    Options
    :o:o:o:o

Wow Clair,

Am a new boy on site & have been desperately seeking 0%!!!!!! If rochdale guy can't use it, I surely could - am fighting a losing battle with 2 big balances as we speak!!!

let me know..........

cheers

jordan
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Options
    Clair - I sent you a message.

Did you not get it ?

??? :(
  • System
    Options
    Today 23 October 2003 AT 4.00pm there were 10 of the old 0% credit card forms in Barnes Barclays Bank, on the corner of High Street and Church Street SW13!
  • beefster
    beefster Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I STILL HAVE SOME FORMS LEFT IF ANYONE WANTS ONE.........

SEND ME A PM AND I WILL GIVE YOU AN ADDRESS TO SEND THE SAE TO.........................

I CAN'T GIVE EM AWAY NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??? ??? ???
    I save so I can spend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family