GREAT 0% BARCLAYCARD HUNT!

1252627282931»

Comments

• DiscoG
    DiscoG Posts: 21 Forumite
    Location: Eldon Square (Chevy Chase, next to Boots, Game, and John Lewis), Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Offer: 0% on all purchases for 12 months. New customers only

I'm sorry I haven't got more details but I never thought to ask until I saw this post. They did say that if I cancelled my existing card today I would have to wait 6 months before I could reapply. I'm sure this is covered elsewhere so my apologies if this shouldn't have been posted here.
    There's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people.
  • ikr2
    ikr2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Looked at Martin's instructions for ending the Paypal subscription once you have paid off the Barclaycard. I think they need some embellishing. Here we go:

# Log into your Paypal account
    # Click the My Account tab.
    # Click the History subtab
    # Choose the Subscriptions field from the Show drop-down menu.
    # Tick the From box and change the date back two years.
    # Click Search.
    # To view the details of a specific Subscription Creation, click Details in the Details column.
    # At the bottom of this page, click Cancel Subscription.
    # On the confirmation page, click Cancel Subscription again.
  • urban_i
    urban_i Posts: 95 Forumite
    Woody40 wrote:
    Thanks MSE I have a Barclaycard with 0% interest for the life of the balance assuming the account was used on a monthly basis. I set up a charitable donation via you web site for the minimum amount (through PayPal) exactly as MSE suggested. Everything was going ok from August 2003 until December 2003 when Barclaycard cancelled the December 1st payment. No payments have been made since that date and I have been paying interest since December. I have to own up to not checking my monthly statements, as the minimum payment is paid by direct debit and the PayPal payment was being paid by Barclaycard. Have you heard of this problem before or is it an isolated incident? I have been in touch with Barclaycard but as yet have had little success as their records only go back six months!!

I would be grateful of any help or advice.

The same thing happened to me, in Jan. I would suggest that you check the expiry date of your card in your paypal account.

Although you have add a new barclaycard, you probably didnt update the new expiry date via paypal (as i didnt either :)

hope it helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport