Make £10 a Day February 2017 - Everybody most welcome to join

Comments

• Quick update here. £55.80 so far: £42.00 from overtime, £3 Halifax reward and £10.80 from fleabay sales. Have another 3 sales from Fleabay, 1 hasn't paid yet and 2 are finished yet so will add these when funds are in. Also planning on doing as much overtime this month as possible and upping sales. Have a house full of stuff to declutter and I need to get moving with it. Have booked a holiday for December this year and I need a new car soon so I need to get myself in gear and get making money.

Hope you're all doing ok:beer:
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The one I posted on here wasn't a referral, it was the code from Martin's email for £10 off.

I know that ;);)

but just like to remind everyone most sites they are signed upto, a referral can be left on referral board :)

I love getting messages saying someone has used your referral and now you have gained....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 February 2017 at 6:02PM
    Aesop, are you still online? If so I hope you can help me as I'm tearing my hair out and you're my first port of call with techie issues:A. Sorry to hi-jack the thread on a non moneymaking issue.

Long story, sorry:o. I can't get a mobile phone signal in the house,this is a communication black-hole:mad:. I need to go about 15 yards down the garden to get a signal on my old 'basic' non smartphone, and that's with all the networks I've ever been on:eek:. That was just a regular connection, not Wi-Fi.

I now have a 'new' Android phone and am trying to get it set up with Wi-Fi, to use pretty much exclusively in the house. My laptop runs perfectly on my home Wi-Fi but I just can't get the phone connected. Have tried everything suggested(from the BT website and elsewhere online) and have reset my router etc. I don't want to fiddle with that too much as I had drop-out issues last year and since it was reset then it's been fine.

I can't get further than the phone's set-up procedure as when I enter my router password as requested (which I've checked umpteen times and I know it's correct) I just get the message 'Authentication failed'. I just don't know what else to try, I'm getting desperate after a whole day of it:o. The SIM has been activated and has been topped up.

I'm definitely NOT going to phone BT's helplines, for all sorts of reasons. I hoped you might have an idea of what I could try. Otherwise, it's over to the Techie board on MSE and they scare me to death on there:o
  • Aesop

I now have a 'new' Android phone

I can't get further than the phones set-up procedure as when I enter my router password as requested (which I've checked umpteen times and I know it's correct) I just get the message 'Authentication failed'.

thats a strange one, not heard of authentication failed before.

and congrats on "new" android phone. I can start posting again about apps that you can earn from ;)

can I ask what android phone it is please and if you can goto settings, phone about phone and tell me what software/firmware it is using ie 5.1 or lollipop etc
  • Cant help with your phone issues CBC but hope you manage to get it sorted.

Im late starting this month but need to get off the starting block.

£7.80 tips

£5 mail rewards for tesco

£5 from prolific.......wouldnt normally cash out till £20 but I seem to have major issues with my password on there even when I try to reset it... so my balance is down to 0......Ive closed my account and will look on referral board to sign uo again....this time writing down my password ;)

Ive also started up with InstaGC which I never really ever got to grips with.
    Can someone enlighten me on how many search wins you can get on there a day or is it just the one? I vaguely remember I got told off for repeatedly searching the same thing on consecutive days a long time ago so am a bit wary.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 February 2017 at 6:19PM
    It's a Motorola MotoG4. Was given to me brand new by my niece (who won it in a competition and already has an iPhone and a Galaxy). She never registered it or used it herself. It had never even had a SIM in. I helped her decorate her new flat last year and wouldn't take anything for doing it (I love decorating actually, I enjoyed doing it) but said maybe she could help me with something someday;). I think she worries that modern life is passing me by seeing as I have so little up to date tech:rotfl:

Will check on the other details later, have to get the meal ready, OH is grumbling:eek:
  • Aesop

Ive also started up with InstaGC which I never really ever got to grips with.
    Can someone enlighten me on how many search wins you can get on there a day or is it just the one? I vaguely remember I got told off for repeatedly searching the same thing on consecutive days a long time ago so am a bit wary.

well done on all monies made so far.

with instagc, you can install on smartphone and get a point each day for logging in.

there is also currently running free sweepstakes you can enter daily. I have won twice with them.

about once a day search to win, you could search 10 times and only one will win.

the best thing to do is search different things and actually click through a link that you find, and stay on that page for a few minutes. Makes them think you are really using the site

there are codes sometimes posted on twitter and shared on mse. You can only enter codes if your account has been active and you have qualified for clicks or surveys etc.

I cant find the link but on mobile if you goto support on instagc, it explains how to put instagc on your phone.
  • Thankyou so much for that Aesop........didnt know about the phone log in thing. Dont think it will be a big earner for me but looks like its something that takes a few mins a day and any amazon vouchers that add to my balance is great in my books. :beer:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Aesop
    ok couple of tips:

firstly make sure it is set to wifi on the phone, easy mistake to make

Touch > Settings > Wi-Fi.
    Touch the Wi-Fi power switch to turn it and scan. Your smartphone lists the networks it finds within range.
    Touch a network to connect. If necessary, enter Network SSID, Security, and Password, and touch Connect.

make sure the wifi button on the phone is switched to on. you can check this under settings too.

another

make sure you are connecting to the correct router hub.

I have named ours so when people come over, and ask to connect, I tell them our name, rather than virginmedia1234 and then someone in the street has virginmedia1342

so just make sure you are connecting to the right hub for your home.

if all that fails, turn off wifi on the phone, so slide the little bar to off,

turn off data, and put into airplane mode.

while in airplane mode, turn wifi back on again. slide the button to on and trying connecting again.

once wifi connected turn off airplane mode.

good luck x
  • Aesop
    Thankyou so much for that Aesop........didnt know about the phone log in thing. Dont think it will be a big earner for me but looks like its something that takes a few mins a day and any amazon vouchers that add to my balance is great in my books. :beer:

I like because can do a few minutes a day and earn £1 amazon voucher at 160 points. not a lot but a bit easier than swagbucks.

try to do the daily clicks and one survey. if all works you should be able to get around 70-100 points daily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure