NST February Challenge : A Winter Voyage

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Snow not sticking at all in Leicester GreenT, just a few light flurries and that was it. Once again the weather forecasters are making it all out to be more that it is.
    They should definitely be on Performance Related Pay.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I suppose snow would make it harder for Mr Gt to get home to Glos at a reasonable time tonight - he works in Berkshire - so there is that.... still want some though! :D

Am still sticking to NSD today - only outlay being the £2 cash I put aside yesterday for non-uniform day today. I had debated about going to Sains this afternoon, but after work and then a volunteering slot I decided coming home to tea and food (leftover curry - nom) was a better idea :) I shall go to Sains tomorrow morning - have a good coupon to use which expires tomorrow. Doubt there will be any dolphins to see at that time, but the trip will still be worthwhile.

Have sold 4 parcels (inc 3 large ones) on fleabay today - great joy - things are leaving the building (tomorrow!) and ££ coming in :D:D

Half term has started - and I have no idea whatsoever to cook for dinner tonight - suppose I should go and look in the kitchen and see if I get any inspiration.....

Things I am grateful for:
    * ebay buyers
    * ebay buyers in a bidding war
    * prompt paying ebay buyers
    * half term being here :)
    * yummy leftovers (thrown together curry and nectarine/ pear/ apple crumble)
    * comfy shoes
    * working heating
    * fluffy blankets
    * lots of cups of tea
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    NSD no.5 today, We're slowly catching up at work, only 30 mins overtime this week, was 2 hours last week.

Had a couple of texts today from our mortgage people, we have had our ID verified and paperwork checked through. It's happening!

Today I am grateful for:
    BF making HM chicken burgers for tea. Yum yum.
    Payday today and I managed to squirrel away a small £45. I'm trying to to save as much as I can, in case of sneaky fees, or to pay mum back a little chunk as soon as we move.
    Text messages from the mortgage people, glad to know there is work going on in the background.

Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • mrshubbard
    Options
    Well the something unexpected came up so today was not a nsd. A friend's dad died so a sympathy card was needed which I'll happily give up a nsd and some cash for. Card factory came to the rescue with a lovely card for 59p. Why I used to go to clintons, etc I'll never know! I also paid my cc whilst I was in town and getting money out.

I drew out a tenner to pay for it as well under their minimum card spend. Put my silver and coppers booty into my treasure chest for a rainy day. Will swap my pound coins for some £2 ones at work - I don't want to have to fish them out of the bottle when they go out of circulation.

I avoided the Mcdonalds siren :) my hubby suggested a quick brew to warm up as we walked. Luckily their rock was roped off for refurbishment - fresh lichen & molluscs being applied. An alternative suggestion was to stop at a different one on the way home but I lured him away with a promise of a homemade hot choc with cream & marshmallows - a close escape there! Just supping it now then making homemade burgers for tea with salad.

3 things I'm grateful for:-

Still having both my parents around
    Hot chocolate on a cold day
    A hardworking hubby who's jetwashed the backyard in the icy cold
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    :(Afternoon Crew

Ticked off a lot of my to do list today. One was to check and restock the medicine chest so not a NSD (not doing very well with that at the moment but time yet). Another was to tidy the freezers. I thought I was doing quite well using things up. No, they’re full to bursting. Any recipes or suggestions for using up cooked chicken will be gratefully received as we have enough to feed the whole crew for a month. I’m making a meal plan for next week and everything WILL come from the freezers. Tomorrow is chicken casserole with some of the mountain of roast potatoes that are also in there. Not so great for the weight loss. Bit of a dilemma:(.

Anyway, everything else going to plan.

Moll – hope your friend gets everything sorted out quickly. That must be really stressful
    Raphael - Good news
    Mrs Hubbard - Sorry to hear about your friend's loss
    Teaching Turtles – have a good week off (although I know you’ll probably still be doing work anyway)
    Rest of the Shipmates – have a good week-end

Today I’m grateful for;

Managing to keep up the walking
    Not being tempted by the rum ration
    Being in the warm (think the snow is on it’s way here)
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Snow not sticking at all in Leicester GreenT, just a few light flurries and that was it. Once again the weather forecasters are making it all out to be more that it is.
    They should definitely be on Performance Related Pay.

I'm also in Leicester f0xh0les :)
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for:
    Half term
    A warm home
    Lessened money worries

Planning a chilled half term of low spend and no spend days and lots of time with OH and my little one - started this evening with our favourite cheap treat - homemade popcorn
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    **stamps feet** - all this talk of snow - I want snow!! - we haven't had snow in about 7 years :(:(

You can have ours. Pathetic big fat wet dollops all afternoon. But nothing settling.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Toni's friend Chicken curry, Thai Green Chicken Curry, Chicken goujons, chicken and veg pie, Chicken Penne Aribiatta, Chicken and bacon lasagne. Stir fry, Chicken soup. Chicken and stuffing sandwiches. Yum!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for trains, for having time with big sis, for a good walk, for easy tv to watch with mum, for sunshine.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure