NST February Challenge : A Winter Voyage

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Whooops! Forgot to post yesterday in the fog of tiredness.

Small spends yesterday:
    * parking for a business-related meeting (can claim back, so not including)
    * £1 on school fundraising
    * £1 on large custard slice when I was in town and feeling wobbly
    * also ensured I have £2 cash to give smalls today for non-uniform day - if that is only spend today I will claim SFD later as money set aside and no choice when to actually take it to school :(

Yesterday I was thankful for:
    * using food up from freezer (odds and eds made for a tasty curry in the end!)
    * my front door being fixed :)
    * heating - I was cold yesterday evening
    * my bed - very tired

Have a good day! It's my last day at work (with Y11s) and tehnit's half term! - yeay! :D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today is going to be a spend day. Just had tiny RED NOSE bandits mug me for money for school. So that counts as another charity donation. - Money from purse, not going near the cash machine.
    Will take advantage of blowing my NSD out of the water and take a trundle around the charity shops in town.

Feel like I have not been near a shop in ages..... but it is just that I have not put my card in a machine in ten days.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning Turtles,

Today should be a NSD for me. I've brought my lunch in with me and I don't yet have plans for tonight although that may change, we'll see.

Similarly, I have no plans for the weekend apart from working on Sunday.
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Black dog has been in residence for the past few days. Who let it stow away? I need to make it walk the plank.

This has led to two solid days of eating cr*p. £17.33 of totally wasted money. And me having a carb hangover which means I missed my 0645 class this morning and am not in a doing much of anything mood.

I need to snap out fast. I have meal planned today carefully - we delayed our planned meal out last night as DH was exhausted after exams, so we are going out tonight. Only problem was that after cancelling the restaurant I picked up a takeaway on the way home as I was late. I need to freeze the leftovers today.

Right. Finish tea. Deck swabbing next. And I need to find a passing pigeon to deliver a birthday card. I am NOT taking shore leave or sending up a flare today.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 February 2017 at 11:27AM
    Options
    Ahoy,

spend day here too as we do a pick up order from Tesco tonight (avoiding visiting the shop with family in tow which is lethal esp on a Friday after work) that includes ingredients for HM fish supper and other stuff we can't get from LIDL like the wooden cat litter the cat likes. Tomorrow I'll get the main provisions from LIDL.

Got the diy bug again. Which is great as it puts me in such a better mood, makes me more patient as I have now sth to look fwd to other than chores and I realised how little effort and money it takes to make big transformations. Did some more in the guest bedroom last night and realised how much lining paper I had left. Our bedroom is the last one still with horrid embossed wallpaper and a border that just got painted over, nothing matches, no proper bedside tables, lamps etc. Originally I thought we wait and get it done when we do some structural work to get the room extended into the eaves (got some strange alcoves behind the bed). But god know when that will happen so I decided (and ask DH if ok) to make some cosmetic changes now while waiting for it to get warm enough to tackle the garden project. So excited....

Anyway, back to work ;)

Today I am grateful

*The snow making everything looking beautiful
    *The snow making it so easy to get the kids dressed and out of the house
    *The snow putting lovely smiles on my kids faces
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have spent so much time driving for work this week I am worn out :( It also means I have not been able to fit in another exercise session so will either do a run or HIIT in the house on Saturday. As we have a bit of snow I will probably stay inside ;)

Found a couple of dolphin pizzas (no dolphins were harmed in the making of the pizzas!) and bought DH some beer, a book for me from my personal spends and some red nose day bits for DS before they run out!

Used my dinner allowance from work to buy a couple of bits for next weeks plan as I made and took my own dinner from home.

Received some TCB into my account so paid that and a bit extra to CC to bring it under the next £50 barrier. I may get to £2000 paid off by the end of the month if I ever get the old phones sent off.

I am grateful for:

1) Working from home today and Monday and Tuesday
    2) Toast and butter - a real treat but not on plan :o
    3) DH not working tomorrow so he can come to the cinema with DS and I as originally planned
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I am sending up a flare!!

Decided to take out the half term fun money from the cash machine, as it was starting to snow and I wanted to see whether it would turn into anything or not. So far it is a most half- *ssed attempt at snow. Went on my charity shop loop, got a jigsaw of The Colloseum, and about 10 books for the kids, just in case we stay in our bunks and hunker down with hot grog and ship's biscuits. Also bought ship's biscuits and bread flour so I can let the scurvy knaves make dough balls. Have brought down all the crafty, stickery, mosaic-y type boxes of things the kids have been given over the last 2 or 3 years, they are being used up this half term.

Just looked out the port hole and the snow has decided it didn't like the criticism, but it is still only ... maybe a 3/4 *ssed attempt. Not complaining at all, as I have to drive to get the kids from school, so it is time for a cup of tea and I will be in the crow's nest keeping a watch to see what this white stuff is going to do.

Smooth sailing to all....
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    **stamps feet** - all this talk of snow - I want snow!! - we haven't had snow in about 7 years :(:(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I am here reporting in.

Spent again today, needed security light for outside bought a dearer one as lower wattage bulb so should save me money in the long run plus the others didn't have bulbs included in the box. How mad is that. Glad I checked. 21 pounds gone

Bought bread and veg whilst purse was out.

Grateful for
    Friday
    Curry in my slow cooker - just hope it doesn't dry up by hometime
    Pj night in.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 February 2017 at 5:17PM
    Options
    Spent a day with my best friend , took her dinner and pudding ( SW for the ones whos dieting , I did Carrot, Parsnip & Potatoe Hash which we had with salad , and overnight oats for pud with strawberries and toffee muller) , The reason I went to cheer her up as shed had her letter about DLA changing to PP1. and she was panicking that they would stop her money. Such a shame that people are being put through this ,My friend is a double amputee, usually in a wheelchair , also got problems with her hands & shoulders, apart from "Normal" stuff like high blood pressure, ,they have all this on record , so WHY?????? Said she might even have to go to see an assessor ???????? its crazy to me.
    needed shampoo/ conditioner.& shower gel , so went to Boots yesterday armed with my boots card and had enough on it to pay for everything and £2 something left for another day so no real money left my purse.
    had another NSD did a big walk with DH and the hound of the Baskerville this morning , as the snow flurries started , to be honest it was quite nice.
    Its been like a food swap shop today friend gave me jars of beetroot, mince meat, 2 puddings, that she wouldn't use. I called at dads , gave him one of the beetroots and a mince meat. he gave me cheese parcels . scones and lemon curd tarts hed baked. Talk about loaves and fishes. and it was egg day . where dad buys eggs for everyone ,so stocked up , and I have a SW lemon cake in the oven for tea as I speak ,Hope everyone else is doing good ,.If the snow is heavy in your area ,at least the kids can go sledging for free next week ,( Always a bright side if you look for it )

Today im greatful for
    Having friends and family to share with
    The weather being good enough to enjoy without it freezing
    Having a nice warm house

NSD 4/15 EXERSIZE 4/15 SW ON PLAN 4/15 EARLY NIGHT 6/15
    Raise £46.50 by feb 25th for SW countdown offer £42.05/£46.50
    Weight loss goal 1b a week / total 1/2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing