14 years I feel Ive wasted,not sure how to cope

Options

Comments

• my-user-name
    Options
    spirit wrote: »
    Tell him that you realised he was crap at finance, but surely he must know the difference between a number 6 and 7 LOL

Im crap at finance too but even I know the difference between 6 and 7
    Oh well I,ll just count my blessings.
  • my-user-name
    Options
    annandale wrote: »
    Six grand more than you had a week ago. You could put some of it towards a pension plan and treat yourself with the rest

I will probably do this annadale but I wont be spending any of it,I,ll never get this amount in a long time to come so I'm going to save it or put it towards a pension plan of some sort.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I'd say he's trying to provoke you in to contacting him. He knows how much you agreed, he knows sending less will annoy you, he thinks you'll phone him up demanding more, all so he can have a bit of a go at you again.

Remember, you showed him that you're perfectly capable of living without him, and he doesn't like that.

Just leave it. It's disappointing, even heartbreaking, but you're much better than he is. No texts, no emails, no calls. If he contacts you asking "did my payment arrive?" then you say "Yes thank you", if he contacts you saying "Did my £7000 arrive?" you just say "Money received, thank you" without confirming any kind of number that actually showed up. Ignore any message after that.

Tonight I think you need a hot bath or shower and a good watch of something on TV or DVD. No doctor around so this is Historian's orders!
    I'm leaving it Vintage,Id rather walk away with my head held high and with £6,000 that I didn't know I had a week ago than ranting to him about welching on his deal.
    I,ll count my blessings and save it for a rainy day,besides I don't wish to commumicate with him anyway.I think Ive made the right decision.
    I think that's the best thing to do.

I too think he's done it on purpose with some ulterior motive in mind.
    And is waiting for you to bite.
    So - don't. :)
  • my-user-name
    my-user-name Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think that's the best thing to do.

I too think he's done it on purpose with some ulterior motive in mind.
    And is waiting for you to bite.
    So - don't. :)
    Whatever his motives its not worked for him Pollycat,I should be grateful I got the 6,000 in the first place so I,ll count my blessings and hope I never hear from him again.
    Thinking about it his move from me must be costing so much,moving into a new place(rent money each month) new things like bed furniture etc,paying for his own food etc and finally giving up £6,000.I think if he could have his time over again I don't think he would of sat me down to tell me he dosent love me etc but for me anyway I'm glad he did.x
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Hi, been MIA due to work, have read catch-up but not every post to be honest so apologies if I have missed things and got something wrong.

😂😂😂😂😂😂. Widows pension, he's lucky you aren't collecting it right now, although straight out murder tends to skrew that bit up in general. .

. What a horrid person to be thinking about how much he may have to pay looking after you when he paid nothing into the 14yrs. I can't actually type what I want to on this board as will be barred or have some ritual crusifiction on this board.

How upsetting also having someone do that when you have made such steps in your head and have someone write that off in a conversation.

Grab the money , he owes you that anyhow, that isn't a bonus. The bonus is that it is yours so treat it as you say as savings......always a positive somewhere kiddo.

If he contacts you again, ask him what he has in assets, in a pension, what area does he live, what doesn't he have to bring to the table to a relationship ( not yours..you just ask these things), what is he good at, how does he contribute to a relationship.....etc. He will fail epic style .

And just don't wait for an answer, put the phone on the floor and go and make yourself a cuppa leaving him telling fresh air how good he is.

Jeeze. ..what a ddddick-head.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm sure that he is now well into the journey of discovering he knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing. And he's probably experiencing some wry moments of realisation along the way. It's the old story that you never know the value of what you have until you lose it.
    I think in your case though the opposite applies and you never knew the worthlessness of what you had until you found you weren't,t having to financially support it any more!
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    calicocat wrote: »
    Hi, been MIA due to work, have read catch-up but not every post to be honest so apologies if I have missed things and got something wrong.

😂😂😂😂😂😂. Widows pension, he's lucky you aren't collecting it right now, although straight out murder tends to skrew that bit up in general. .

What a horrid person to be thinking about how much he may have to pay looking after you when he paid nothing into the 14yrs. I can't actually type what I want to on this board as will be barred or have some ritual crusifiction on this board.

How upsetting also having someone do that when you have made such steps in your head and have someone write that off in a conversation.

Grab the money , he owes you that anyhow, that isn't a bonus. The bonus is that it is yours so treat it as you say as savings......always a positive somewhere kiddo.

If he contacts you again, ask him what he has in assets, in a pension, what area does he live, what doesn't he have to bring to the table to a relationship ( not yours..you just ask these things), what is he good at, how does he contribute to a relationship.....etc. He will fail epic style .

And just don't wait for an answer, put the phone on the floor and go and make yourself a cuppa leaving him telling fresh air how good he is.

Ditto! Just catching up.

Murder? Stranger on a [STRIKE]train [/STRIKE]website forum

Whilst MUN deserves the money I can't help but wonder if he has been given legal advice that this is in his own interest.

If he contacts again, do not engage, not a word, done is done, just resets the emotional healing.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • EdwardB
    Options
    calicocat wrote: »

BTW you can't use that language, watch the video and consider one of the examples below

Badgey
    Groger
    Guntsmith
    Shlunt
    Schluntster
    Shuckfunt
    Shafter
    Bumfunter
    Scroteling
    Shuckface
    Grogerjack
    Cockashunt
    Shuntbreath
    Guntashunt
    Shuntagunt
    Shuntface
    Funtsucker
    Ballgunter
    Slitwippper
    Scrote-toker
    Captain Shunt
    Captain Shuntfunter
    Rectanuggie
    Rectabreath
    Felchbreath
    Little Felchface
    Guntaclunt
    Scroteyshucker
    Cockawaft
    Slittycheese
    Shuntcheese
    Guntcheese
    Wangcheese
    Grogancheese
    Snagcheese
    Slit-slapper
    Gunt-slapper
    Grogan-sponge
    Shuckfunter
    Dogfelcher
    Thundergunt
    Chunt
    Chunt-magnet
    Chunt-cheese
    Chunt-face
    Bum-chunt
    !!!!-chunt
    Chunt-cheeks
    Chunt-jacker
    Chunt-breath
    Ejacu-gunt
    Recto-gunt
    Mister Chuntspread
    Funt-hole
    Chunt-hole
    Chunt lips
    Gunt-a-chunt
    Snag-chunt
    Chunt-snag
    Chunt-spit
    Chunt-head
    Chunt-wiper
    Chunt-rooter
    Ball-rooter
    Chunt-skid
    Gunt-skull
    Sticky-sticky chunt-mason
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • EdwardB
    Options
    Look on the bright side, he was cold, callous and calculating, but he wasn't one of my exes.

I mentioned in passing that my new job gave me £200,000 Accidental Death in Service benefit from the first day I started there.

After he traded me in for a newer model, I got somebody in to fix a light switch he'd fitted 'for me' because it was buzzing and he'd always said there was nothing wrong with it, he was deemed A Competent Person for the installation of electrical items (he trained and assessed electricals ervice engineers for his job).

Turned out that the live wire was carefully stripped of its protective coating and was laying just 2mm short of the metal housing of the switch, completely loose. As was the immersion heater's and every socket he'd replaced that I used regularly. The only one that was done properly was the one where he plugged in his phone charger.

It could be a coincidence...but the electrician went white and insisted on doing every socket and switch in the place for me and refused to charge a penny for doing it.

On first reading you would imagine not possible that someone could do such a thing.

Would he benefit from your will?

First thing, make sure you have done a will that excludes him or leaves him the value of his relationship, 1p.

Next have your gas or any other fire risk checked, along with your car brake fluid line!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    EdwardB wrote: »
    On first reading you would imagine not possible that someone could do such a thing.

Would he benefit from your will?

First thing, make sure you have done a will that excludes him or leaves him the value of his relationship, 1p.

Next have your gas or any other fire risk checked, along with your car brake fluid line!

He assumed he would. Pity the old guy at the firm had made certain I'd decided already where it should go in the event of my demise, strongly recommending that it didn't go to 'somebody who isn't prepared to marry you, unless, um, er, if you have something in common with some of our gents who nominated a Special Male Friend as beneficiary [polite cough]' - so it wasn't ever going anywhere near his pocket and I'd just forgotten to mention that bit to him :whistle:.

I'd already replaced all the appliances and the boiler by six weeks after he'd left, too, including the vacuum cleaner that had inexplicably given me a jolt when switching it on and picking up the (metal) hose.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family