Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• DavidP24
    DavidP24 Posts: 957 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.sky.com/help/articles/blocking-unwanted-calls

Costs £3.35 a month, I think.

The interwebs suggest that they are reluctant to change phone numbers without a police reference number - being upset by unwanted calls demanding you maintain contact with/be bestest fwends with/get back together with an abusive ex partner would count as something you could report, explaining that you have been told that you need to get a reference number before they'll change it, and if this is a sign of things to come, it will not come from just one number, so it would be entirely reasonable to report it now - but perhaps saying to SKY that you will cancel the subscription and wish to be transferred to do that now if they are unwilling to change the number would get it done anyway?

No way I would pay for that, I would change provider and not take number so get new number issued.

In a year MUN will be elible for Sky's next broadband deal of £64 for a year of line rental and BB.

If can't face moving I would tell Sky "you change the number or I leave" end of

Then push to get line rental reduced a week later, best offer I have seen other than deal works out at around £10 a month

To be honest there is some satisfaction in hanging up as soon as you realise it is from person you do not want to speak to.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the meantime, when the phone rings, don't answer it straight away. Stand up, take a deep breath and put a huge smile on your face.

Always answer with a very cheery "Hello!"

If caller is one of his female posse (or even himself) and you can't bring yourself to slam the phone down, just breathlessly say "Sorry, can't stop, I'm just on my way out...bye!" Then put the phone down and take it off the hook for half an hour or so.

Take back the control and the power. You're doing great so far and a little blip here and there is to be expected.

And your counsellor, and JoJo are absolutely right....
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • takethemon
    takethemon Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope things have calmed down a bit for you now and that you start to thrive.
    Financial abuse, his extreme tightness, is covered by the domestic violence definition and as such don't hesitate to phone the local domestic violence department of your Police force.
    They are very humane and will give you any advice that you require.
    Best wishes.
  • Luna68
    Luna68 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I have been reading this an I Think You are a very strong Lady
    take care
    xx
  • Luna68
    Luna68 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    IN my opinion he is Narcissistic