Ready To Do This

Options

Comments

• catandy
    catandy Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ok plan of action forming here ....

1. next bill on hit list is prepayment card which will be paid end of Feb (will be covered by money I'm saving on the car).
    2. just got settlement figure on capital 1 (smallest card) and they have said they will accept 50% or £225
    3. capital one bigger card - settlement figure of £500....
    I cant do either of capital one cards till im back in work and have an on-going income again but at least it gives me something to work towards....

and for my situation (not being charged interest on anything) I also think it makes sense for me to clear the balances smallest first just to see them disappearing
  • Moneywhizz
    Options
    You sound determined to get this debt paid off. I hope you get a job soon and that will give you a bit of extra money, either for an emergency fund or to pay off some debt.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    car wasn't collected so that is a job for later, this morning it's interview and then pm its off to see the counsellor - I may yet cancel that I cant really justify spending 100£ on myself when I don't know when my next pay cheque will be coming in.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    interview went ok I think - find out tomorrow if I got thru to second interview stage with the MD - so fingers crossed. I cancelled the appt with the counsellor so another 100£ saved there
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    nope - didn't get the job - back to the drawing board...
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    I just got my feedback from yesterdays interview and its pretty damning...

I'm not enough of an office person and I'm not a team player - I've worked for myself for 12 years and then remotely for a company for 3 years with no one else in the role so yes I guess it is all true what they say but I don't see how I can change things, and I am starting to run out of ideas already with regards to what I can do next job wise..

anyway jobs for today - get rid of the car this is now getting urgent. time to phone around scrap yards and see what the procedure is to get rid of it. when that is gone its cancel tax and insurance payments... apart from that the bills have gone thru as normal I need to pay rent today and then that's all done for the month again.
  • ChicaBonita
    Options
    Hi catandy, first time posting on your diary, but I've been following. Your post re: interview feedback really resonated with me - please please do not take this too much to heart, it may highlight a couple of issues that you may or may not agree with (if you've been working on your own a lot then it's bound to be a change being a part of a team again) - but if that's someone's opinion of you from one interview, it's just their perspective! I know that doesn't help you right now, but I'm sure the right thing will come along soon.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I hate interviews - I hate doing them or going to them. So meh!

Chin up, stay strong and make sure you focus on positives. Speak to the recruitment agencies, some of them will help you with interview techniques and also google interview tips etc

I'm sure you can do this!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    thanks and yes I shouldn't let it get to me - at the moment I just feel like the whole world is against me, which I know sounds really dramatic and ott but ive just reached the end of my tether.

I spent most of last year arguing with my employer about my role but still was awarded person of the year award for overachievement. I push and cajole and support and cheerlead OH and son to do whatever they want (and usually finance it) and act as bail out system for extended family members when needed but the only support I have had since this bombshell dropped is 'well you will find something' - sorry I am just sick of being the person that holds it all together...

and yes its time for me to go to the doctors.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    ok today is d-day reference my redundancy my consultation meeting is 2pm today and I've been informed that another 9 people have been put under consultation measures this week so it looks like the company is in trouble. I fully expect to get my figures today and be out of the business completely by next week

what else is going on? well ive just paid most of the bills for the month and have 2260 left in my account - need to put some leccie on the meter today (40) - food wise we are ok for this week apart from bread and milk ,,, I think I buy this every couple of days we seem to go thru it so quickly. son again is away for weekend - goes on Friday and back late Tuesday this week so its starting to feel like he has moved out but sort of forgot to tell me.

car tax and insurance cancelled so that's all good and car sold to a mechanic on the estate I live who will use it for parts - got 150 for it so win there as well.

now I just need to put work to bed then start making a decision regarding what job I am going to do next so I know what im doing. OH said yesterday his favourite quote that at his time of life and with his work history he will never find anything job wise in the economy as it is. I cant really see that he has even looked or tried to do anything about finding something. I need to put a time limit on this and do something to pull this situation to an end. that is going to be left until I feel a bit stronger jobwise for myself and so on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure