Ready To Do This

Options

Comments

• catandy
    catandy Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 27 January 2017 at 11:14AM
    Options
    ive run thru all the calculators regarding redundancy and asked our work rep what terms people have been paid out on in the past so I can work out where I stand.

my redundancy payout will be 1437
    I will pick up next months wages and commission as usual (2320 worked out at the same rate as this month)
    I will pick up a months notice money at just basic wage rate (1600)
    I will be owed 3 days holiday pay 160 approx.

total 5517 which should be paid out end of next month - I get paid in lieu of notice rather than working my notice period.

I currently have 3834 in my bank account so total incomings stand at 9350. monthly expenses even as they stand at today are 1730 so that gives me a maximum of 5.5 months to find something to get myself back on my feet and with an income. So no panic and no need to jump at the first job that I am offered.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    plan for this week is as follows:-

1/ get the bills paid, all DD go out early in month so I need to pay the other stuff so its done
    2/ car is sold and collected/ paid for tomorrow. I then need to cancel tax and insurance on it to save that ££
    3/ menu planning is done for the week I will only need to go and get bread and milk so that's good
    4/ interview for new job on Tuesday also meeting with counsellor later the same day...
    5/ meeting at work on Thursday reference redundancy so I should know more them regarding when I get paid off and leave..

all in all a week of things drawing to an end and starting to think ahead for new beginnings.
  • hamiltoes
    Options
    Wow it sounds like big changes are ahead for you.

Wishing you the best of luck on the job front. It does sound like your son and OH really need to start pulling their weight as you seem to be carrying it all on your shoulders (and have been for quite a while!). I hope you get to a place soon where at least some of the responsibility is shared.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    I don't think I am going to get to a place with OH that the burden is shared.

I have spoken to him probably 1000's of times about finding and keeping a job and contributing to the living expenses and there is always a reason why - his illness (heart attack and treatment for cancer in last 10 years), that he was running a business (that failed miserably and was only shut down when I refused to bail him out any more), that every company he works for are crooks/ not truthful about the role and that he is not paid as per his contract and the big one for the last 12 months or so - theres no point looking as there are no jobs out there besides he gets his pension in 7 years and his parents are likely to die in the next few years so he will inherit from them and be able to help that way.

his idea of helping is he wants to buy a yacht (family members have one) and we sail away into the sunset with a very low spend way of living (never mind that neither of us have ever sailed before and I don't want to leave my family),,, tbh he's an idiot and he lives in cloud cuckoo land.

the only reason I haven't done anything yet about ultimatums yet is I will be the bad guy in all of this, I hate confrontation and I've been going along with this so long that it has become the norm. The push of the new job and the extra commitments that is going to put on me is going to give me the impetus to finally see this thru and do something about it once and for all.

And son is looking for a job but he needs a boot up the posterior to double his efforts.... he by nature is lazy as he has had a good role model in my OH...

and yes I have made a total hash of things
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    sitting around waiting for the company to come and collect my car so until that is done I cant cancel tax/ insurance on it.

dinner is from supplies today - a sort of chicken casserole thingy that is bubbling away in the slow cooker nicely and only have to go out and get a bottle of milk later so I will do that when I go to my blood donation session.

other than that it is look thru the job vacancies and prepare for my interview tomorrow - I have to do a 15 minute sales presentation on a piece of software so that is my homework this afternoon. I'm doing very little at existing job - I know im going to be out by the end of the month so at the moment they are paying me to sit at home and forward emails / messages. I probably should be more motivated and proactive but I don't have the effort in me at the moment.

I also think I may be heading to the doctors at some stage - I don't think im far off being depressed so may see if they can suggest something to help - I don't like taking tablets and im not even sure if I would merit being prescribed them but its time to do something to get myself out of this lethargy and feeling of 'woe is me' - I'm sick of feeling like this now.
  • catandy
    First Post
    edited 30 January 2017 at 12:49PM
    Options
    just done something useful today whilst im sitting around waiting for people - logged into my noddle account and got my up to date balances - it doesn't make for pleasant reading...

link financial - Halifax loan - 5357 - defaulted
    link financial - Halifax od - 2923 - defaulted
    1st credit finance - MBNA - 1700 - defaulted
    capital one - 449 - defaulted
    capital one - 923 - defaulted
    vanquis - 2949 - late payment ..... sheesh when will they default this!!
    Barclaycard - 3046 - defaulted

I make that 17347

on top of that I have

wtc overpayment 4914
    pre pay credit card - 95
    bt - account shut off - 88.46

so final scores on the doors is 22445 which is considerably less than the 30k that I thought it was! :) now to work out what I can do to get rid of it and how long it is going to take...
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd say to start with then if your car is off the road you can cancel the insurance and tax on it NOW :)

I can't tell you what to do about your OH, mainly because I expect none of it would be very polite at all!

The more valuable car - the £6k debt one - doesn't matter who it's registered to, who is the invoice or bill of sale made out to! If you can prove you bought it then it actually doesn't matter who it's registered to - you own it ;)

Vanquis - send them a letter and request they default this from the date you first missed payments on it. They're playing silly !!!!!!s.

This is the SOA calculator we usually work with on here - because we're used to it then it's far easier for us to spot things on it and comment constructively: http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

Point out to OH that as you're now being made redundant then he will need to foot at least half the bills- you don't care what kidney he sells to achieve that.

As you rent then it might be that you will actually be better off declaring yourself bankrupt... you may want to look into that...
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    if car isn't collected today I drive it to a scrap yard tomorrow and then do the deed regarding tax/ insurance.

I phoned vanquis who explained they will not default me until I do not keep up with the payment schedule that I have set with them - so they have kept me on late payment or AP for well over 18 months because I've been paying them £1 per month. Total madness - obviously I cancelled the SO as soon as I had spoken to them much to the reps chagrin... apparently if I stop making payments they send it to a DCA freeze all interest (already done this) and put a default on my record - bring it on!

good to know about the car being mine - I doubt if it comes to it I will fight for it. he can take it when he moves out as he will have no other way of going - and yes I now want him gone as I know he will never contribute or be anything approaching a support system.

ive joined some facebook selling groups and the plan is I go thru the flat next weekend for anything that is not used and get it listed. it wont raise a lot maybe a couple of 100 but that would at least clear the 2 smallest bills I have completely. I'm also going to go round collecting up all the shrapnel (small change) and get that paid into my account next week - my branch has one of those machines that counts it all up for you so I wont be getting the cashier angry having to do it manually. again wont be an earth shattering amount but it does all add up.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    re Vanquis you might want to write them ;)https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-default-date/

Always do things in writing - that way there is a record.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    amount outstanding just come down by 88.46 with a partial settlement gone to BT - not a lot in the general scheme of things but another bill bites the dust. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure