Ready To Do This

Options

Comments

• catandy
    catandy Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ive just had an email from one of the DCA handling my debts - original debt is 1698.40 and they have offered me a 70% discount as a partial settlement - so can settle it for 509.52. this will be difficult to cobble together the payment but it would whack a chunk of my balance - like 7% of the total I owe or something

need to have made payment by 28th February so need to think on this a bit and decide what to do.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    made the decision that the dca is going to be paid off so I can get rid of that debt completely - wont be until payday which is 2 weeks tomorrow but I can do it quite easily now that I've had my final commission signed off to be paid.

Still getting to grips with ynab - I cant remember it being so complicated but im sure it will come right in the end so I will stick with it.

signed my contract for new job so all systems go there - I just want to get on with it all now. I'm rubbish at waiting for anything!
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    just got a letter from WTC who have had my debt returned to them from the DCA handling it - apparently I am not paying enough and need to make an immediate payment of £7594 (which is more than the original amount I apparently owed them).

I have just tried to phone them to find out what is going on and have been told that a self managed DMP is not valid so I will have to make full payment now, they will arrange to have a collections officer call at my home or start court proceedings to recover the monies. I got nowhere in the call as I just got frustrated - I have been making payment to the DCA that has held it to date so I am at a loss at the moment as to what to do moving forward.

what I do know is that my current debt outstanding has just gone up by about 5k - never stops does it??
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    I flipped out yesterday at OH - his youngest daughter (27) asked for him to pay for driving lessons/ theory test and he told her he would speak to me about when she would be getting her money... and the floodgates opened - that he does nothing to help, that he does nothing to find a job or hold one down or even contribute when has had a job, that I am scared witless about being made redundant and the new job not working out and me being in an even bigger mess than I already am with no one to help me.

I tried for us to have a sensible conversation about it when we had both calmed down but now he's doing the silent treatment so we will see if we are able to sort it out together as a team or if the silent and ignoring treatment continues I have come to realise that I would probably be better off on my own. This is a work in progress to see if we can do this as a team or not because I cant give anymore

anyway plans for this week - phone about WTC overpayment and agree a repayment schedule with them. for now I pay minimums until I can see that finances are going to settle down long term with the job move. (I really cant believe how much the redundancy and job change/ income change is effecting me).

also need to fone to check balance on PPC to get that completely clear I make it about another £50 to finish it completely.

son is ill with a bug and has spent last couple of days in bed so I have put off doing a shop till he is well enough to eat again and am using up everything which is also saving some ££ - also had 3 NSD over the weekend so all good there. have enough leccie in meter to last till the weekend and half a tank of petrol (200 miles or just short) so should last the week as well.

when I look at it like that it doesn't look too bad - so now all I need to do is get OH onboard with this and see if we can do it as a team. and if not make the required changes for me to do it alone.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    92.00 owing on PPC so that doesn't seem to be coming down at all....

and deep breath before I speak to WTC office...
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    proper balances on debts

link financial - Halifax loan - 5355 - defaulted
    link financial - Halifax od - 2921 - defaulted
    1st credit finance - MBNA - 1698 - defaulted
    capital one - 447 - defaulted
    capital one - 921 - defaulted
    vanquis - 2947 - finally passed to a dca and defaulted!
    Barclaycard - 3044 - defaulted

on top of that I have

wtc overpayment 7594
    pre pay credit card - 92

grand total of just over 25K OMG
  • Allotrope
    Options
    Keep going! I know it seems overwhelming but I think you are amazing for holding it all together.

I do think you should consider going it alone without OH though... what joy is he bringing into your life?
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    I don't know why we are still together - habit/ history is a big part of it. I've also been the more together one and he has been happy to let that happen - thing is I'm reaching the end of the road with it..

just spoke with WTC office ref my overpayment and explained that I am being made redundant and changing my job and income and they offered to put it on hold for 12 months for me to get myself sorted out - which I was so pleased about I had the vapours on the fone to him.

so 7.5k of my debt put on hold for a year - giving me a chance to get stuck into the rest of it.
  • Moneywhizz
    Options
    While you try so hard to get things sorted out, your oh seems to contribute nothing and expects you to buy a new mattress and pay for his daughter's driving lessons. Does he not realise just how ridiculous this is? He doesn't seem to be adding anything to your life except stress. I hope you find the strength to make the best decision for your future.
  • catandy
    First Post
    Options
    He doesn't really add anything to my life anymore - unless you can count stress and hassle? I've been in this position so long that I don't know how to change it and if I do kick him out where does he go - yes I know I shouldn't even be thinking about it but I cant help it.

anyway just got confirmation of my payout for my commission owing from company I am leaving and I have an extra 500£ that I didn't know about. Payday is next Wednesday then my last day at work and when I pick up my redundancy pay is the 27th (following Monday). I start the new job the following Monday 6th and then revert to weekly pay at the new job. At the moment I still have 1737 left over from this month (I've barely spent anything due to being like a rabbit in the headlights with what is going on) so the figures look quite healthy at the moment..

NSD planned today as dinner out of supplies again and don't need to go out for anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure