Electric cars

Options

Comments

• gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    NigeWick wrote: »
    It's French...

Casual racism
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Casual racism

TBF I'm quite a bit skeptical about French automotive build standards too, but I could be out of date (in more ways than one).

Does someone know the chart, survey, company etc that would record the rate of issues a model has, as I seem to recall some article (but can't remember which one) giving the TM3 a pass figure of around 90%, but the Zoe only scored about 40%?
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Casual racism
    Incorrect. Casual Frenchism as Les Grenouilles (that's a bit sexist BTW) aren't a race.

Very casual as I'm still in contact with my French school exchange pal from 55 years ago and go to the Country fairly regularly. I even drink their wine and eat their cheese.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • NigeWick
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    TBF I'm quite a bit skeptical about French automotive build standards too,
    The Zoe had a known problem with (I think) the steering linkage wearing out at about 20,000 miles.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    The Zoe had a known problem with (I think) the steering linkage wearing out at about 20,000 miles.

That'll be fine for Paris, as I don't think they so much steer, more .... loosely aim?
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • NigeWick
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    That'll be fine for Paris, as I don't think they so much steer, more .... loosely aim?
    The way to walk across the roads in Paris is to not look at the approaching vehicles. Pick a moment and go for it ignoring what goes on around you. Looking means you're afraid and therefore fair game.

Also, don't apply the handbrake when parking as they nudge into "spaces."

Lastly, one needs a windscreen sticker showing emissions of the vehicle in Paris and other places
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    This is sort of funny and naughty! We've been waiting now around 7yrs for the 'Tesla Killer' to arrive, and I'd suggest Elon has been waiting quietly with the 'plaid' TMS (3 motor option) to respond quickly with an 'oh you think so, do you?'?

Tesla Model S Laps The Nürburgring In 7:23 — Crushing The Porsche Taycan

• silverwhistle
    Options
    The way to walk across the roads in Paris is to not look at the approaching vehicles.

Same in Italy.. Drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel and you know which side you are on by whether the motorists are indicating or not..

A reasonable amount of charging posts in the Aosta valley though, to keep my post on subject!
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    This may have been mentioned before, but here's the Renault K-ZE crossover to sell in China for ~$9000. It's only about 120 mile range and 65mph, but both sound fine to me for most needs. Also probably very basic and not up to our safety standards, but excellent competition for $10k ICE cars in China. :T

Renault K-ZE electric crossover launches in China for just ~$9,000

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So the price has gone up a chunk from the initial estimates - £6,800-£8,000 was being mentioned back in April.

It's tiny, btw - smaller than a Twingo.

October last year, Paris motor show
    https://electrek.co/2018/10/01/renault-k-ze-affordable-all-electric-crossover/

April this year, "Production-ready" at Shanghai motor show
    https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/renault/k-ze/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback