PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Other thread opened my eyes

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lessonlearned, I don't suppose that you will be in any sort of state to come on here today, but just in case you do I want to assure you that you will be in my thoughts and prayers on and off all day.

I am just about to light my candle for you.

Take courage and fix your mind on afterwards when you can live the rest of your life in peace and harmony with your loving family.

Don't think about it. there is nothing to think about. Just do it.

xxxx
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mrssnowy_2
    Options
    Dear all,
    Oh my goodness what a moving thread,how strong and resilient everyone is.
    I really have nothing to add,monnagran has said it so eloquently.
    Hugs to all.
    mrss
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well that's it, it went surprisingly well. I feel drained now but I'm glad I went. Anyway it's all over and done with. I am going to just take it easy now for a few days.

Thank you so much for all your kind words of support and encouragement. I appreciate it very much.
  • monnagran
    Options
    Well done that girl. We knew you could do it.

Now spoil yourself for a few days, you've earned it.

x
  • lessonlearned
    edited 28 January 2017 at 8:10AM
    Options
    Quick update......

After an evening of some serious "hygge" - candles, roaring fire, a nice nap on the sofa with the cat, followed by a Chinese takeaway supper.......I slept surprisingly well, again with my little furry friend.

Now enjoying an early morning cuppa in bed.

Going to go for a walk later across the park to blow the cobwebs away. Other than that no plans, just a nice easy day and cook a healthy dinner. I feel very sore and stiff so a gentle walk will help plus maybe try Some simple yoga stretches to loosen up a bit.

Monogran ....you are so right - time to mend my broken body, time for some serious pampering and healing.

The good news is it will soon be spring and hopefully some nice warm sunshine. I did think of looking for a cheap winter sun holiday but can't really face travelling at the moment.

I have a holiday booked for Mid May, I'm happy to wait until then. I will enjoy it more when I feel stronger and healthier.

Onwards and upwards....

Ps.....the knots in my stomach have miraculously disappeared!!! And the IBS has gone. Lol.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LL

How about a good deal on a pampering spa weekend in the next month or two?
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    LL

How about a good deal on a pampering spa weekend in the next month or two?

Sounds good to me. :D. My friend mentioned it too. I think she has one or two ideas.
  • Litchielou
    Options
    I knew you would be strong, glad your IBS has gone, now it's time for you to start the next journey in life. Pampering should be on your list xx
  • Litchielou
    Options
    Just had to laugh, Aunt who I love phoned to make sure I was taking Mother to the hospital tomorrow for 10.15am. I told her I hadn't been asked and why have I only been asked now (I will take her) and why she didn't ask brothers. Aunt understood where I was coming from. Bite my tongue tomorrow.
    Good news she is coming too so at least will have someone to talk to as well. xx
  • monnagran
    Options
    OK Litchielou, I think tomorrow would be a good time to make it clear to your mother that in future you will only be able to take her to appointments if you are asked in good time.
    It is totally unreasonable to expect you to free to do things for her at the drop of a hat.

I'm not being hard but slavery was outlawed in this country a long time ago.

Are you thanked for doing things for her?

Mmmmmm.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts