PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Tonights dinner = tuna nicoise salad and falafel (with a bit of posh lager with it).

This is me consoling myself for the fact that new kitchen of mine is being decorated currently - and is in total chaos again as a result.

Therefore I've bought whatever seemed most suitable for me from what the nearest shops have readymade.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    While I usually try to keep my food spend low, aiming for £1/day, I do sometimes "blow the budget", but knowingly.

Today that's been the frozen curry/rice, which cost £1.39 ... my sweeties are £1/250g bag ....and I've got my favourite fizzy pop at 25p/can, currently on the 2nd can today :)

I keep food cheap in the main so I have the spare capacity for these extra goodies that are wants and not needs.
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, I had to go to Asda to pick up a parcel so stopped by their pizza counter and got a deep pan... it was supposed to last me this evening with leftovers for tomorrow.

But the leftovers have been calling my name so I ate one extra slice, then a second and now??? I'm sitting here thinking, there's only one slice left... surely that's not worth keeping, maybe I'll just finish it off :o:p:D.

THAT'S how the weight creeps on ;).
    :hello:
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    On the telly - just clocked - they have one of those "expensive super posh cooker thingies"!
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    .... Asda ... pizza .... deep pan...
    They ARE good though aren't they.
    it was supposed to last me this evening with leftovers for tomorrow.
    .... yes, it should :)
    But the leftovers have been calling my name so I ate one extra slice, then a second and now??? I'm sitting here thinking, there's only one slice left... surely that's not worth keeping, maybe I'll just finish it off
    That's not hard to visualise ... :(

I have nearly bought their pizzas in recent years while living here, but it's never been right/convenient at the time I was in there as I only go to A5da for "special shopping" as it's so far - and then, as I'm "special shopping" it's difficult to work out when I'd be able to eat a pizza if I bought one.

Last time I was there "special shopping" it was Christmas, so, I already had food overload about to occur.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thamks candygirl - £231 a week think I better watch this if only to shout at the telly LOL:eek:. I've not watched any off them is it worth starting from the beginning?

Tiddlywinks- pizza is my guilty pleasure it's a whole one or nothing though of course if someone else has some leftovers I'll happily have a slice for breakfast. Not so keen on deep pan, the thinner and crispier the better for me ;)

moneyistooshorttomention - sounds like a perfectly lovely meal hopefully if it's at the decorating stage the chaos will end soon :)

PN - yes everyone needs a bit of slack in their budget for treats :)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    On the telly - just clocked - they have one of those "expensive super posh cooker thingies"!

I didn't notice that Was it an AGA? :)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    Options
    Oh if I won the lottery an AGA or a Rayburn would be bought!!! I've a very old Belling "Range style" cooker but it is just not the same though I do love it....
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Oh if I won the lottery an AGA or a Rayburn would be bought!!! I've a very old Belling "Range style" cooker but it is just not the same though I do love it....

Is your Belling gas caronc? I love cooking on gas, alas I have an electric hob and separate oven at home.

The last 5 nights I've been cooking on a glamping gaz 2 burner and grill stove and a camp fire. It's been great :p If that was my only means of cooking I'm sure I'd not be so delighted but the novelty of it makes it fun, especially when you are outdoors, by a beach with spectacular views :cool: Regardless of the cooking the food always tastes great!

The only disaster I had was the banana, marshmallow and chocolate button wrap, totally forgot I'd put them in the fire until a smell of singe reminded me....very low cal :rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options
    katkin wrote: »
    Is your Belling gas caronc? I love cooking on gas, alas I have an electric hob and separate oven at home.
    It's a duel fuel gas hob and electric ovens/grill - I used to have an electric hob but you can't beat gas for control likewise electric for ovens. I dread the day when it goes phut.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure