PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    Oh I do too..especially M&S they are by far the best. I'd make and eat any of your cheese and...options, would also make tuna mayo (Never sweetcorn), but I'd never buy them from a SM...Odd innit :rotfl:

ETA I'm so glad you didn't ignore my ramblings as that of a mad woman and that it was worthy of discussion in this thread :D

Oh its very worthy ...sandwiches form a major part of my diet and I would bet it does for most singles. In fact sometimes I will have taken lots of time over something made from scratch then end up having a butty :)

Forgot to mention my all time favourite ...a chip butty :cool:

To be honest Karcher I think you may have planted the idea in the head tonight...now what filling to have :D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Oh its very worthy ...sandwiches form a major part of my diet and I would bet it does for most singles. In fact sometimes I will have taken lots of time over something made from scratch then end up having a butty :)

To be honest Karcher I think you may have planted the idea in the head tonight...now what filling to have :D
    Lasagne .....:rotfl: gets coat sorry :o
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I posted about my desire for a proper chip butty yesterday...still need to satisfy that current want :D

I hope the idea I planted isn't unwanted Nelski..sometimes a well made sandwich is exactly what is required :)

Please keep us informed of your filling of choice :cool:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Options
    caronc wrote: »

case in point :D the last thing I want is the lasagne,,,im hoping tomorrow I will feel different

think I am feeling a chip butty....I blame the friend who didnt turn up and Karcher for planting the seed :rotfl:
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Nelski
    Options
    I posted about my desire for a proper chip butty yesterday...still need to satisfy that current want :D

I hope the idea I planted isn't unwanted Nelski..sometimes a well made sandwich is exactly what is required :)

Please keep us informed of your filling of choice :cool:

no its not unwanted just the opposite :D

Cant be bothered going out again though it is going to be oven chips :)
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no its not unwanted just the opposite :D

Cant be bothered going out again though it is going to be oven chips :)

Excellent choice if I may say...Enjoy :D:D:D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nelski Good choice - will I send you my LO chippy chips since I'm having wedges (tries to redeem herself for earlier comment :o)
    Yes sandwiches are a godsend for us solo diners, satisfying can be healthy and we can please ourselves re the filling :D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SM bought prepacked sandwiches..

I tend to have the mindset "I am here for something to eat, not for something they lure me in with". I'll avoid all meal deals and will seek out the cheapest sandwich/es they have. Most will have two at about £1, egg/cress and cheese/onion usually. A1d1's sandwiches are about 85p and there might be a sausage/egg at that price (can't remember).

So I'll never pay/spend more than that. I am not lured in by the food that I'd "love" to eat because that's how they get you .... and you walk out having spent oodles. Even the meal deals don't compare well - and often include a packet of crisps you never intended to buy/eat.

If I wanted a drink/sandwich I'd get the £1 sandwich, then head off to the drinks aisle to buy a whole pack of cans for about £2... so 6-8 cans and a sandwich for about £3.

I'm reasonably un-lurable :)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I opened the fridge earlier and saw the jar of paste I'd opened two nights ago. I'd thought/intended to scoop out the rest of that with a knife (and eat it from the knife), but I forgot/didn't/might've nodded off.

I'd forgotten I had that.

So I've had some with a piece of toast.

I'll have the rest of the jar tomorrow with a piece of toast.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure