Sashybo - Back Again

Options
1329330331332333335»

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks all, still feeling quite pleased about where we are financially compared to the last few years. It's still not brilliant with two big loans but we're handling our income so much better and still have room for improvement. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel now, I'm just grateful that DH has a well paid job and that he has finally got on board. Even the outlaws have helped (without realising it) as they gave us the money that cleared our overdraft in January 2023 and now this random 10k which is being used sensibly, although not towards the mortgage like they demanded.

I weighed myself the other day and have lost 4lbs in 2 weeks, so close to getting under 11 stone now for the first time in years. 🥳 I have been trying to stick more to my fasting/time restricted eating again and cutting down but haven't been tracking my food properly so I was surprised I had lost so much. Most days I have a late breakfast of 2 weetabix, tbsp chia seeds, a scoop of protein powder, tsp psyllium husks & tsp maca root powder mixed up with oat milk and water and a cup of tea with my collagen powder mixed in. It seems to keep me full for a good while so stops the snacking during the day.

Went out for another run yesterday morning after school drop off (and an epic tantrum from DD which involved changing her jacket 3 times and attacking her brother before we got out of the door 🤦‍♀️) and managed to get to 6k. 🙌 I was quite slow and had to walk up all the hills as not allowed to run up them with my sore hip but did it in about 45 mins. Felt so much calmer after that and glad that I did it as my brain was trying to talk me out of it. 😂 

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'd bought a lash lift kit to try at home but did that for the second time the other week plus tinted my eyelashes at the same time. It lasts about 6-8 weeks and I'm quite impressed with it but do find it a bit fiddly. It still took me over an hour to do but was a lot better than my first attempt! It makes me look more awake and means I don't have to use mascara, I always end up smudging mascara all over my face, I must touch my eyes a lot more than I think.

Need to get a move on soon as have lots of housework to do and also need to make a gingerbread loaf cake for DH's friend as part of his thank you for feeding the cats and spending time with them whilst we were away. It saved my mum having to trail up our massive hill every day to feed them and our cats know him so were happy. He loves cats but doesn't have any of his own so I think he was quite happy to do it. I'm going to give him a couple of tomato seedlings and a jalapeño as well since I have lots and he said he would take some off my hands. DH is also buying him some beer, a good cat sitter is not to be sniffed at. 😂 We're shamelessly bribing him now for future cat care. 

I have already stripped and re-made the kids beds and their sheets have been washed and are in the TD now. Have cleaned the bathrooms and put 2 washings away. Still need to clean the floors downstairs and hoover the stairs and bedrooms plus make my cake. I managed to clear out some of the kids too-small clothes over the last couple of days and moved some summer stuff into the drawers as well. I'm not sure how much of it will fit DD as she is so tall but have added a couple of pairs of DS's old shorts to her drawer as well as they're unisex and have ordered some new stuff for them both.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £13,870, Car loan 2 £10,310 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    "I Ate'nt Dead" as Granny Weatherwax would say, have just been rubbish at updating. We have had lovely warm weather for the last week or so, so have been trying to sort out the garden (still a work in progress) and get the kids out playing. Managed to get some bedding plants into pots but still have quite a few pots with old soil in that need sorted and need to get netting up for my blueberry plants before the berries are ready and the local magpies eat them all!

We had a nice afternoon in my mum's garden at the weekend with my big nieces who got the paddling pool out for the kids. The water was freezing but it was so hot that we all had a paddle, apart from DS who refused to go in. My sister brought the new baby down later so we all had a cuddle with her too.

I was on the nursery trip to a family farm park with DD earlier this week, we were both exhausted after it! 😂 She had me climbing giant cargo nets and going down big chutes (I hate heights but am trying hard not to pass my fear onto her) and then jumping on big trampolines. There were lots of animals and DD particularly liked the big horse, goats and alpacas. One of the alpacas tried to eat her cardigan though whilst she was wearing it so she wasn't impressed. As a responsible parent obviously I took a photo before saving her. 😂 She wasn't travel sick this time thankfully, she had her tablets and pressure bands on her wrists.

DD has her first primary 1 induction next week 😢 I can't believe she will be finishing nursery soon. I know I'm going to be crying at her nursery graduation as the leaving kids always do a song and dance. I was a mess last year and DD wasn't even a leaver. 😂 

The nice weather has also meant that I have managed to get a lot of washing done and hung out to dry. Managed the cats blankets and the kids grubby blankets they use when lying on the couch as well as all the usual washing.

I tidied DD's bedroom last week and removed a ton of toys from the living room back into her room. I organised her room a bit more so she can actually play with some of her toys and put all the different dolls in separate areas as well so she can see what she has. Took ages to do and she came home and trashed it within 10 mins!

Yesterday I hoovered the couches, the stairs and the bedrooms, cleaned the bathrooms, stripped the kids beds, remade them and got the sheets washed and hung out and also another washing done and dried. Today I want to get the downstairs floors cleaned, some washing put away and maybe make a cake to take to work and one for the house.

I'm back at work today for 2 late shifts and really can't be bothered but I know it will be fine once I'm there. DH has his 2 days off this week . eekwhen I'm working so it's a week we don't see much of each other. He is out cleaning the patio as we both nearly slipped and fell on it when it was raining last week as there is a slimy patch of moss. 😦 

On my last run I got to 6.75km so I'm hoping to get to 7km soon but my knee has been playing up a bit. I think it might be my new running trainers so next run I'm going to wear my old ones again and see if it makes a difference. 
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £13,870, Car loan 2 £10,310 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,688 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    DD going to school!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice to hear from you again.  Aww to DD off to school.  I'm going to be a similar wreck at little jwil's end of school performance!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,727 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've got the opposite side. Dd starts high school. I've got her leaving primary school assembly to get through!
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck to your DD starting school. My little Bambi starts in August too 🥰 our school do a whopping five induction sessions, we’ve had three, I’ve not broken the news to my manager about the next two yet as only just found out the dates 😯
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback