Sashybo - Back Again

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.7K replies 98.4K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, such sad sad news on the train derailment.
    Such bad luck for their to be a landside both ways  :(
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    72.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Passes gin pronto.
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
  • sashybosashybo Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having an extremely lazy day today watching tv with the kids. MIL went home this morning and DH is out for lunch with his friend. I have done three washings in a combo of using the TD & clothes horses to get them dry as it's raining outside. Also managed to hoover the living room earlier. 

I've been exhausted all weekend, two 5am starts at work obviously didn't help. I went to Mr A after work on Friday and ended up spending £77. 😱  I got the last items of clothing needed for DD but quite a lot of the other stuff probably wasn't necessary. 👀 I found a unicorn duvet set for £5 in the sale so bought two for my wee nieces as they are doing their room in a unicorn theme. It can be part of the housewarming present. 

MIL wasn't too bad but then I didn't have to spend too much time with her due to being at work. DH was struggling with her a bit and when I asked him why he hadn't got anything done he said it was because he couldn't leave her alone with the kids as he didn't think she could cope. 😮 I thought he would at least have managed to get some of the fence painted over the two days I was at work but he didn't do anything beyond a normal day.
    I thought the whole point of MIL visiting was in her own words "to help". 🤷‍♀️

Anyway on Sunday DH managed to get the wood cut and then screwed in at the bottom of the fence so that we could dig a new garden bed in. The garden is on a slight slope and the house/garden behind us is lower down, plus the fence is a bit wonky - thanks builders. So we needed extra wood at the bottom of the fence to stop all the soil falling through the gap at the bottom. 

Whilst he was sorting that out and digging up the turf, I managed to pot up some baby aloe veras that I found in the plant I bought a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully they'll be ok and grow, I can give a couple to my brother and his gf for their new house and also some to my mum.

MIL was pottering about, she did hang out two washings and then remove the netting and cut back our raspberry canes but left the childcare to me. She very obviously finds it a bit boring after a while looking after the kids and doesn't want to do the routine things, just the "fun" stuff. 😂 She kept saying that she couldn't believe how much washing I had. 👀 

I managed to move a rogue raspberry plant from next to the rhubarb into a bed with the other young raspberry plants whilst DD played in the garden and DS refused to stay out and went to watch tv. 👀 😂 

When DD went down for her afternoon nap I went round to the front garden and weeded it, then tied the sweet peas back and cut the climbing rose back too. I found a small hebe being squashed so will maybe move that out a bit at some point. Some kids were playing across the road and a wee boy about 4 shouted over to me" HI!!" So I said Hi back then he shouted "WHAT'S YOUR NAME?" which I thought was quite funny. 😊 DS would have been delighted if he'd been there. 

When DH finished cutting the new bed out he left it to me, the soil was so hard to move as it's all clay and there was so much rubble left over by the builders. I dug up three huge stones, several half bricks and a bucket full of medium stones as well a bit of metal that looked like a scaffolding join. 🤷‍♀️ I eventually turned most of it over and sprinkled clay breaker over it. My back was killing me after 45 mins or so. 

Will leave it for a bit before going back and adding some compost through it as well as blood, fish and bone. It will definitely be a work in progress for some time anyway, the clay breaker is meant to be left for a month. I have quite a few plants ready to go in there but they'll be ok in pots for now. 
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £15,399 extra paid off debt.
    Total Debt paid off £67,037 Car loans £13,833 Garage conversion £5,766, O/D 0% BT £1,838.

Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
    72.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    At least that’s the visit over now. 
    Hope you are finding being back at work ok & enjoying it. 
    I am in awe of what you get done. 
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Beanie, yes that's the outlaws out of my hair for at least a couple of months. Hope they don't plan on coming up again too soon, I really hate sharing my house with people I don't normally live with, I really need my own space.

Yes enjoying being back at work, although I'm on annual leave for two weeks now so that I can get DS settled into nursery. His first day is tomorrow but only for an hour with me there, the day after he will be there for an hour on his own, I'm not sure how he's going to react to me leaving him there. 😩 Feeling quite nervous about nursery. 😩 DS will more than likely love it not so sure about me!

Work have also messed up big time with my pay - checked my online payslip and they've only put £100 through as my pay for 4 weeks!! 😮 So missing out 3 KIT days and 4 full shifts as well! 😱 Spoke to one of my managers and then sent an email with all the details so that they could pass it on to payroll saying I need to be paid the correct amount on Friday as I can't live on £100 for 4 weeks! Someone somewhere has obviously not put through the correct paperwork to let them know that I'm back from my maternity leave. 👀

Usually when they miss out a shift or something they just say oh we'll pay it in next month's pay - they can't possibly say that this time! So annoyed! Thankfully they send the payslips out a few days in advance of payday so I spotted the problem and they should be able to sort it by the end of the week.

Have been super lazy today and done nothing much except the big nappy wash and some dishes. Will try and make a chicken pie for dinner with the leftover roast chicken from Sunday. 
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Total Debt paid off £67,037 Car loans £13,833 Garage conversion £5,766, O/D 0% BT £1,838.

• NicnakNicnak Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed they do sort it out. That would be awful expecting you to live on just £100. I don't like people in my space either and struggle when people stay over. I just spend the time wanting them to leave, which is awful. 
    I think I am a big introvert and really do prefer my own company and space. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330
    Now =
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope your pay gets put right before payday.

Not heard of clay breaker before...must look into that as the allotment soil is clay.

Hope that you and DS have a good time at nursery.
    paydbx2020 #93 £1564.42/£10,025 . 1 debt 100 days 35 £493/£1820
    EF £130 . SPC 141

# savings# £55 . Oven. £344/£403 H2S £150.00
    72.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy nursery. 😀
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Nicnak, Honeysuckle & Beanie. 👋 

HR/Payroll got back to my manager quite quickly saying that they will do a CHAPS transfer on Friday so that I get my proper wage. Will wait and see what happens.

Nicnak, yes I actually resent people being in my space when they stay at my house! Weirdly I don't mind staying at other people's houses as much, although I still don't like to do it for more than a night or two. Going to stay with the outlaws is like torture due to this plus they have all sorts of weird unspoken rules that I don't know. 🤷‍♀️ And of course children aren't allowed to make noise or sit near the wall at dinner time "in case they touch it and leave a mark". 👀 

Honeysuckle, the clay breaker is basically just gypsum as far as I'm aware, it's meant to help the clay break down so it's easier to dig. I've only used it on a small bed before, along with compost and blood, fish & bone and it seemed to make the soil a lot better. I think I'll need to re-apply it to my new bed as it is solid but I haven't mixed any compost through yet either, so will see how it goes. 

Thanks Beanie, DS had a great time running about the nursery garden with the other kids and looking at the nursery chickens in their run. 😊 Today I have to leave him there for an hour, not looking forward to it in case he gets upset but fingers crossed he's ok. Once he's settled in he's going to love it, the nursery teachers all seemed very nice and so did the other kids. A few of the kids who were there for their first hour alone were screaming when their parents came back to get them as they didn't want to leave! 😂 

• NicnakNicnak Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unspoken rules! Oh wow. They really are another level x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330
    Now =