Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,459 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Think I might have an unspoken rule not to visit the outlaws!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,706 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't got any anymore 😂
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    😂 Nicnak & Beanie, I try not to visit more than once a year, they're far enough away and the kids are so young that I can get away with it. To be honest even before having the kids I only went down once a year. 🤷‍♀️

They don't want to see me anyway, just DH & the kids. They were trying to convince DH to take DS down on his own to see them before Christmas. 👀 DH said no because I'm usually working on his days off and there's no guarantee I'd get anyone else to watch DD whilst I'm at work if he went away with DS. Looks like this will be their new tactic as the kids get older. 🙄 They don't have to travel or see me that way, not too sure I'd want the kids there without me though as they bully DH. 

I got paid today but the amount doesn't look right. 🤔 I think it's still at least one shift short so have asked my shift manager to get payroll to check they've paid me the right number of shifts. I can't check my payslip as it was totally wrong with only one shift on it for 4 weeks. 🙄 

Yesterday afternoon I was rushing about as DS was only at nursery for an hour, I hardly got home and did some hoovering before I had to go back out for him. DD obviously also had a nappy malfunction just before we had to leave so had to have a full outfit change before I could get back out. I also had a chiropractor appointment in the afternoon so had to leave the kids with my mum after picking DS up.

The good news is that DS didn't cry when I left him at nursery, just looked a bit concerned. The teacher said he had a wee cry after but mostly because she was trying to get him to wash his hands (he currently hates this). He was happy to see me and come home but looked quite comfortable in the nursery garden, so it looks as though he's settling in ok. 

Going to my friend's house tomorrow afternoon for a cheeseboard with another friend coming as well. I'm going to drive as not bothered about having a drink. Looking forward to seeing them for the first time in months. 😊 
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Nicnak said:
    I haven't got any anymore 😂
    Neither have I! 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Glad DS is settling in well 😊

• beanielou
    Options
    Oh & enjoy seeing your friends tomorrow 😊

• Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,706 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Enjoy seeing your friends and hope DS continues to settle. Have a lovely weekend x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks guys, I obviously spoke too soon as DS had to be carried into nursery screaming today by his teacher as he didn't want me to leave. ☹️ He actually turned around and tried to pull me back out of the gate as soon as I said I wasn't staying. 

Poor boy, he didn't sleep well last night so is quite grumpy today. So he's only staying for an hour again today rather than two, so more like 40 mins for me as I'll need to get DD organised to go back out again, get parked, get the pram sorted and walk round to get him. 

I was hoping to do some yoga whilst he was at nursery today but no chance of that with such a small amount of time. DD is very tired as well so put her in her cot but will have to wake her to go back out for DS if she manages to sleep. ☹️ She's got a bit of a funny tummy just now so think she's teething again. 
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    It sounds easy to say but when children have to be carried in screaming, they do settle quite quickly, when in the classroom/ nursery. I see it from both sides, at work I know they settle quite quickly but used to feel dreadful for most of the morning if DS3 had to be peeled off me. 
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Honeysuckle, it was just a total contrast to the day before, I've got to remember it was only his third day there and only his second being there without me. His key worker said he just needs to build up his confidence being left there and then he'll be fine as he was playing quite happily after a wee cry.

The teachers took a wee video and some pictures of him playing with the other kids and put it on the school app so that I could see he was ok. 💓 There was quite a sweet photo of him with a bigger girl who was obviously looking after him and doing his zip up for him. 😍 They were all in their waterproof jackets and trousers playing in the rain, all I had to take in was a pair of wellies that stay in the nursery.

DS was crying at silly things all afternoon when we got home so I think he was definitely tired and/or not feeling great. He slept a bit better last night, only woke up once for a cuddle then wanted his head tickled until he fell asleep.

He is still going to be doing slightly shorter hours at nursery next week until he's more settled. I'm going to get DH to take/pick him up from nursery on his days off so that he can get used to it as well as the days I'm working he will need to either drop off or collect DS. My first day back at work after my annual leave I'll need to drop DS at nursery and DD at my mum's then DH will need to pick them up on his way home. 

DD has been coming on great this week, she is pushing herself up to sitting from lying down (time to lower her cot mattress I think) and is much more interested in toys. She's playing with DS's old walker toy which is a mini kitchen and is loving it although she's not figured out pulling herself up or walking and is just playing with the kitchen part. 😂 

Not going to my friend's until later this afternoon so should really get some tidying up done. Might get out into the garden if it stays dry and have a look at my new (solid clay) bed, maybe try to get some compost dug through it. 🤔 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback