Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,272 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Everyone cries when they leave their baby at nursery. So don’t worry. 
    I am sure that your mum will be fine with the kids & she will love doing it. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,696 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I remember the first day leaving DD. I cried all the way round the supermarket as it was just for an hour and she was absolutely fine as soon as I had gone. It is hard though. 
    Great news about the overdraft. That is a nice feeling. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • evebeme
    evebeme Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are a number of times that a mum cries. First day of school, when it dawns on you they are growing away from you.  Later on, it's first date followed by graduation. Then they go off to uni. OMG, I cried over that one. Then comes the marriage and children and sweet revenge.  Its their turn to cry.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My DS absolutely loved nursery but DD clung to my legs and cried which made me feel awful. She was fine once I’d left apparently. I remember my DS’s first day at school, he came home, ate his dinner then went to bed and slept soundly until the following morning. I was so excited, thought hey this is fab 👍 By day 2 he was back to normal. It was nice while it lasted 🤣
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, fingers crossed I don't cry but glad it's normal to feel like it. I think DS will be a bit upset the first few times I leave him but once he's used to the nursery I think he'll be fine. 

My mum got on fine with the kids on Sunday when DH & I were at work but had a bit of a struggle with the cloth night nappies. She thought DD was too wet when she woke up fussing about 11pm so changed her into a disposable as she didn't know where the cloth night nappies were. I think the night nappy was fine but my mum just isn't used to using them. A night nappy is so big and boosted that it usually lasts 12 hours and my mum changed DD after 4. 

DH said my mum was moaning to him about the cloth nappies and saying she doesn't like them. 😂 I think she just isn't used to them and worries she'll do something wrong.

She was getting DS to watch cartoons about toilet training. 😂 I get the feeling that she thinks I'm just being lazy by not just taking the nappies off DS. She's starting to sound like my MIL. 🤔 I'm not cleaning pee off the carpet, floor and couch every 10 mins though as DS just isn't interested. Hopefully being at nursery and seeing other kids his age using the toilet will give DS the push he needs to want to use the toilet rather than me trying to force him.

Poor DH is now getting moans from both my mum & MIL about DS not being toilet trained yet. Neither of them really say much to me about it, I think my thunderous expression when they bring it up for the millionth time usually puts them off. 🙄 

MIL is coming up on Thursday evening until Monday morning. I'm working Friday and Saturday early shifts so will at least get a bit of peace from her. DH will just have to deal with his mum trying to take over all the time and saying she wants to "help". It's like she can't help but treat him like he's a wee boy who doesn't know what he's doing. 👀 

I've been looking at toys for DD as want to get her a few wee things for her birthday. She loves the wee people and things that DS has, he has a pirate ship with wee chunky pirate figures from elc and I was looking at the other play sets and people from the same brand but they're quite expensive for what they are.😱 DS's pirate ship was a present so I didn't realise the play sets are all £30+. DS has also started taking toys off DD and saying "That's not yours baby, it's mine". 😮 

Anyway I had a look on eb@y and there were a lot of second hand toys of the same brand. Long story short I've managed to get a play set and 11 wee people for just under £19 including postage. The play set itself is normally £40 odd and it's usually £10 for 4/5 people so think I got a good deal. Hopefully it's all in as good condition as it looks in the photos, the play set is a fairy house in the shape of a boot 😍 although it's missing a small door which I can live with as it's bundled with so many play people. The kids won't care!

I've got a bid on a second hand toy ambulance now as DS has previously played with the same one at someone's house and loved it. It costs £25 full price so not really wanting to pay that! If I get it I can put it aside for DS at Christmas, my max bid is £10. There's loads of the same brand stuff on there, will need to keep it in mind.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • DancingInTheRain
    Options
    Might be worth keeping an eye on the local Facebook selling pages to see if you can pick some bits up for the children, I always check ours before getting anything for the boys and have got a few bargains x

• Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,696 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Those items are a really good price. I am sure they will be loved. Hopefully they are in as good a condition as you think. 
    I had a similar issue with DD and being dry at night. She was dry during the day quite early on but was still wearing pull ups at night until she was 5. She just slept so deeply that she was wetting most nights. It became a thing for my  mum to constantly try and sort, and it never worked. Eventually, she did a reward chart and it was pure fluke that she started being able to hold it at that exact time so my mum has credited it to herself. It's so hard as they always think they know best, but we all know our own children. You'll need to teach your DH your thunder face. x

Starting afresh.

• sashybo
    Options
    Hi Dancing & Nicnak. 👋 

Thanks Dancing I'll remember to look on the FB selling pages too, a lot of these toys look really good when second hand. DS plays with his pirate ship every day after 2 years and it still looks great so fingers crossed for similar toys being in good condition if I get them second hand.

Thanks Nicnak, I think DH keeps telling his own mum to stop going on about it but just nods and agrees with my mum because he doesn't want to be rude. 😂 I think they complain at him because he's less likely to lose his temper than me. 👀 

I made a stupid mistake the other day when ordering the cat food, I paid through payp@l but instead of choosing to pay through it using my CC I paid it from the current account. 😩 So that resulted in £90 coming out of the current account instead of the CC which wouldn't have been due to pay until September. 😭 So that's messed up the current account and we'll definitely be in the O/D by payday next week. Bearing in mind we still have to pay £1K back into savings from the money the outlaws gave us towards the sunroom that we used to stop us getting huge O/D charges this month. ☹️ 

DH found a better sim only deal for my phone which means I'll only be paying £6 p/m for 4GB data and unlimited mins and texts. However the company have switched my number over to the new sim card already and I don't even have it yet. 😱 The post is ridiculous atm, we're lucky if we get it delivered once a week. So my phone doesn't work right now. 😡 Luckily I have a work phone I can use and I can still use messenger apps through wifi on my own phone. Hoping that we get post today and my new sim is there. 

Horrible news yesterday about the train crash near Aberdeen killing three people including the driver and conductor. 😔 Really scary, especially when it's our industry and my DH is a train driver. ☹️ 

I was at a retirement dinner last night, the weather was lovely but it was so humid. I think the retiree enjoyed his wee celebration and liked his gifts. I had a good time, it was nice to get out but I only had 5 drinks and felt so ill all night when I got home. ☹️ I just can't seem to drink without getting a sore head and stomach. 
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Also my MIL is arriving this evening for four nights - send help. 😂 The house is a riot, the room she's meant to be staying in is still piled high with DH's stuff and he's wandered off to paint the fence outside. 🙄 😂 I've given up and am sitting on the couch because I still don't feel great after a rubbish night's sleep due to the heat and having more than 2 drinks. 😢 
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Let her tidy her own room! 😂 Sure you'll get it all done.
    Just little bits at a time. 
    I'm the same having a drink.
    Sorry about the train crash. I hadn't heard but just makes you realise what could happen. X

Starting afresh.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family