We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ladies. Another awful attack last night. I hope you're all safe; I know some of us live in London, and others regularly visit.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

The terrorist attacks here in London are shocking. I was supposed to be going to the cinema in Shaftesbury Avenue, but I was feeling ill, so I stayed at home. My thoughts and prayers are with those that have died and who have been injured and their families. :sad::shocked::exclamati
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad to hear you are ok, Sugarbaby.

It's just awful.

Stay safe everyone.
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad to read that you are safe sugarbaby. Such a terrible attack. :(
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know you're safe sugarbaby.

My younger DD and eldest DGD (DD1's daughter) were both in London last night. Fortunately I know the city well enough to know that they were both well away from the awful incident. DD2 was at Depeche Mode concert at Olympic Park and DGD1 was on an organised pub crawl in Shoreditch (that's students for you!). They both texted me to say they were fine but sadly other families won't have had such comforting news.:(
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pleased everyone is okay, following today's events. I work in Central London and although I try not to let fear get in the way of life, it's worrying.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Horrid wet day.

Having a pamper session, currently have face mask on whilst I type.

Multi tasking at its best....:rotfl:
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Had a bit of a mixed day yesterday, firstly I went to my first Pilates class and have to say am a convert :) I went with my friend who was recommended it as an exercise to help her after she hurt her back and has been extolling its virtues since. We were lucky as were the only two in the class and so had a lot of one to one attention, I like the way it really made me stretch my muscles and even though it's not aerobic it certainly made me move. The instructor did say that I have good core muscles ( must be from horse riding ) I just need more flexibility.
    That was the good part of the day, bad part was stumbling as I got out of my evening bath and some how managing to slam the back of my lower leg against the edge of the bath, ouch :( have a cracking bruise which I keep putting Arnica on, hopefully it will help with the swelling etc. So, a disturbed nights sleep as couldn't get comfy, just feel a bit of a numpty.
    Fabbing wise I have been wearing more dresses in the hope of getting my legs brown this year, although back in jeans and jumper at the moment due to the unseasonably cold weather, I used a money off voucher and ordered a couple from B*den. Ones a real keeper, pretty periwinkle colour and suits me, but the other had too low a neck for me so will be going back.
    Weight loss seems to have stalled a bit so once sore leg has recovered will need to think about some more exercise, perhaps running, but will need some better trainers to support etc, we'll see.
    Hope everyone is well x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ouch! So sorry to hear about your sore leg Lainey. Hope you recover very soon.

I like Boden stuff too although haven't bought any full price for a while. I think the company must be suffering as they're constantly sending vouchers.

Thanks for the heads up on Pilates. A friend has just started going to a keep fit class (not sure what it entails) but it's held very near home so I might investigate for September. When I had gym membership I tried Pilates but was far from sure I was doing it right. Lucky you getting individual attention.:)

I'm slowly getting organised for my holiday (leaving next Tuesday for 3 weeks:D) although plans went a bit awry on Monday. I had booked a hair appointment so that I could get used to blow drying it shorter before going away. Unfortunately there was a massive crash on the motorway and roads were closed so I had to give up half way there and rebook for next Monday (stylist only works Saturday and Monday). So next Monday I have shellac nails, pedicure and hair all in one day.

I've more or less decided what I'll be packing. This year we're having an apartment, and washing dries within the hour, so I'm travelling quite light. A friend suggested last year that I wash all the holiday clothes before we come back. Brilliant idea, don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. It's not that I intend to be slaving away but it makes life so simple and it's hardly arduous.:) It's the same with food: While we will eat out most of the time, having breakfast and the occasional lunch in the apartment will be good. I've often looked around the market at the glorious and abundant fruit and vegetables so now we'll have a reason to buy some!

I've been wearing a lot of skirts. I determined a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't be wearing tights again until the autumn so I've been braving it out with the help of some fake tan.:D Dancing tonight (and last night) so another skirt called for.

Hope everyone's OK. Friends of mine have gone to the garden festival at Chatsworth LL but yesterday was rained out.:(
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Hope the leg gets better really quickly Lainey.
    Maman whenever we stay in a villa or apartment, I always wash everything before coming back too - makes the unpacking when you get back less of a chore as everything can be put away rather than sorting it all into washloads!:)
    I had my hair tidied up and the roots touched up yesterday - just highlights on the T-line - I have to say I don't think she did a great job of blending the highlights with the existing ones, but maybe I'm being too picky.
    I must confess to falling off the healthy eating wagon over the past few days:o - I've been overtired and sluggish and very stupidly this leads to me reaching for foods that make me feel even more tired and sluggish!!:wall: Oh well - draw a line under it and move forwards.
    Off for coffee later and a catch up with a friend - I'll stick to black coffee and no extras!
    Dry but chilly here today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family