Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't worry I'm not turning into "beige elisticated waist woman". :rotfl:

:D:eek:
    No chance of that LL. I just won't let you!!

I had an interesting conversation with a friend when I was out on my health walk last week. It was just after the M&S poor trading figures were announced and we were bemoaning how there are so many women of a certain age who want stylish clothes but M&S can't seem to understand they don't want to look like their grandmas. In fact it's not only women. My DH rarely buys from there any more but that's mainly because of them (literally) cutting corners so that shirts aren't long enough in the sleeves or body. Suits seem to either be that odd fashion that youngsters wear that look too small or really frumpy.
    SFT I wore flight socks last winter under jeans and trousers, it really helped reduce ankle swelling so I shall be interested to see what kind of compression hose you go for.

My DH has problems with his ankles and he wears flight socks all the time. He buys them online.

I've done a little spending but nothing excessive. I was in the city centre midweek and then at the weekend I had a wander around Matalan. My main objective was to browse and see if there was anything I needed for my holiday. Fortunately it confirmed for me that I have most of what I need and there's little, if anything, in the shops that is any better than what I've already got. I did buy some casual trousers.
    https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2647518_c770/floral-print-tapered-trousers-black
    Although described as floral, it's really more of a paisley type print. The tapered legs stop them being too frumpy and they're very comfortable.

I also managed to replace my navy espadrilles with a £4.99 pair of canvas pumps from Aldi!! The resort we're going to is very hilly so flat, comfortable shoes are essential. I've got my fit flops, these canvas shoes and a couple of pairs of Birkenstocks and then a pair of soft suede ballet pumps that I generally travel in.

To add to my cheapskate shopping sprees I plan to call into Asda later. I need to fill up the car and I'll have a browse round George!:rotfl:

It's not actually raining here but it's dull and overcast. Pretty typical for a Bank Holiday really.:(
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    The red leather jacket sounds like great motivation Sugarbaby . Go for it!!:D

It is, the only time it did fit me properly last year, it was very flattering and I got lots of compliments. I am determined to wear it again this year and then continue to get lots of wear from it

Hello Ladies,

As my Doctor's surgery is minutes away from King's College Hospital, they get all types of junior Doctor's on GP rotation at the surgery. These junior Doctors do tend to have a problem listening to patients and they are always in a hurry to make a diagnosis. I always hope that they get better with experience.

It is very humid in London today. Not my favourite type of weather, but better than the heavy rainfall we had last night.

I went to Karaoke last night and had a really great time. I only sung one song, but there were so many singers of varying levels of talent, that I did not really want to sing. I spoke to various people and I did a lot of dancing. :D

When I arrived at the pub, I believe Wayne was there, because I heard another man telling him that I had arrived. I made a point of not even looking in the direction where Wayne was for the whole night. He may have left the pub before the end of the night, but I was not aware of his movements either way. I got caught in the rain on my way home, because I had forgotten to put a fold up umbrella in my handbag. I had looked up the weather online before I left home, so I knew that the rain was due to start at 1 am this morning when Karaoke was due to finish. It started to thunder and lightning just as I went through my front door!

I have been feeling a little sorry for myself, because I was in so much pain, but I am over that now. I am disappointed with myself, as when I did my weekly weigh in this morning, I realised I had put on 2 pounds. :( My eating was just not healthy this week, :o but I can soon rectify that and intend to straight away.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone,

After a busy couple of days visiting and entertaining family we are having a quiet day at home today. It's not as hot and sunny as the last couple of days but still see feels really quite muggy out there and very still after Saturdays high winds.
    Despite being fair and freckled I have avoided being burnt by slathering on factor 30, pleased to say though that have a nice, natural tan starting to come through apart from my legs which are resolutely staying white, can feel a trip into town coming on to pick up some of Mamans cocoa butter :)
    I did have a good sort through my summer wardrobe and decided there was no urgent requirements, am very pleased with my WS tassled sandals as they have proved to be most comfortable but have mainly been wearing my trusty Birkenstocks through the hot weather, very cool.
    Do usually keep a running total of clothing expense and have to say my yearly budget was rather hammered in early spring and so will be keeping my purse safely shut until the Autumn when I know a new coat (or two) is required, although having read LL's haul I might be tempted to have a look now.
    The only other possible exception may be a new strapless bra, have a couple of the off the shoulder tops and my current bra is fine for a night out but not so good for all day wear, any recommendations ladies?

Hope you feel better soon Sugarbaby you've had a rough time lately what with Wayne and that :mad: rude doctor, take care.

Love to all.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies

I forgot to say I did Race for Life 2017 in 1 hour 1 minute and 39 seconds :j

Thanks to all of you who donated to my Cancer Research fundraising page. You are all brilliant :T
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Thanks Lainey T, I am feeling my usual upbeat self today. :D I am in so much less pain, the experience with that Doctor and Wayne are in the past. I have lots of happy memories of my time with Wayne that outweigh the negative memories, so the roller coaster relationship with Wayne was worth it overall. I certainly have no regrets. :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on completing the Race for Life sugarbaby! :T

I need a new strapless bra too Lainey so would welcome recommendations. Most of the ones I've seen are too structured. The ones I have are really old so while I'm happy to wear them under a fitted dress I wouldn't trust them dancing as they've lost some elasticity.
  • CumbrianCelery
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Congratulations on completing the Race for Life sugarbaby! :T

I need a new strapless bra too Lainey so would welcome recommendations. Most of the ones I've seen are too structured. The ones I have are really old so while I'm happy to wear them under a fitted dress I wouldn't trust them dancing as they've lost some elasticity.

I got a good one from Asda for about £8 just before summer. It is nude coloured one so goes under everything, and isn't massively supportive. That doesn't matter to me as I have a couple of fried eggs as a B cup! But it helps actually give an impression that I did surpass puberty at some point to reach my 30s....
  • CumbrianCelery
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Thanks to all of you who donated to my Cancer Research fundraising page. You are all brilliant :T

Just catching up after being away on my holibobs, but MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS. xxx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies

:j Many congrats Sugarbaby.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow!!! Well done Sugarbaby.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family