From debt to freedom...

Options

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you Willowtree222, Cherryfudge, Spendless and dawnybabes.  

The frustrating thing is that I have had so many online safety talks with her and tried to be very safety conscious. She has seen me be worried about her brothers when they have not been back  at a certain time but at least I knew where they were and who they were with. 

Interesting thoughts about a tracker. Is that an app you have specifically for your DS’s phone dawnybabes? 

Today has been much calmer. SO suggested a walk so we all went for a Sunday stroll along the river. This river starts up on the moors and flows out to  an estuary that I cross each day on my commute to work. The river also flows through quite a few local villages and hamlets so very much part of our daily landscape. The walk today took us on an inland part. It was so beautiful…the river edge had irises poking through. We could see clumps of primroses clinging to the steep woodland slope on the other side of the river bank. Squirrels were racing up the trees as we walked by. As we came through to a clearing, we could see the Canadian geese sunning themselves on the  far bank. The blackthorn was in full flower and the last of the  hazel catkins were a radiant golden colour as they  caught the sun’s rays. The walk did much to relax me and clear my mind a little. SO was so kind and cooked a delicious tea so I haven’t had to race  around today. I am so thankful for his thoughtfulness.

Today has also been a NSD…could do with a few more of these!!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely day 🥰🥰

yes I use life360 on an iPhone but there are lots.  I like that we can set locations so I can see when he’s arrived / left college, left home etc etc - he tracks me as well - I’ve had a few phone calls ‘I can see you’re near McD’s 🤣🤣🤣🤣’ 
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,699 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another life 360 user. I know exactly where she is and vice Versa. I haven't let my ex know it's on her phone though as it can be used to track me, and that's something he would be likely to do. 
    X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thank you both for the recommendation. That is something I can sort this evening.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How worrying for you re DD but glad she’s safe and sound. As for your ex 🤬 Sounds like you had a lovely day today though 🙂
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Belated Happy Birthday. 

Sorry re the trauma locating DD. Glad she turned up safe and you had her siblings to help locate her.

Glad you have SO in your life making things a little easier - and got some walking in.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank god your daughter turned up safe. Men are so clueless 😳
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thank you SH, SA and OBL.

Many thanks  for the app suggestions. I was able to download the Life360 one onto my phone and DD5’s and invited Dd3 and 4 to join it too. The older girls really like it as they can see when I have left work and don’t have to ring me to ask where I am!! It has certainly helped  with DD5.

I was very glad to get to Friday and the end of term. I have a couple of weeks off from Job 1 so am planning to get as much done as possible at the allotment and in the garden at home. The tulips
    planted in the Autumn are starting to bloom so the garden has colour. 

The allotment is a little on the wild side but we managed to still have the space to do an Easter egg hunt yesterday. It’s something I started with the children  years ago and they still join in although the number of participants has grown with SO’s children and with the partners of my children. I must have looked like a serious chocolate addict with the trolley piled high with eggs last week! I did use Clubcard vouchers so the cost was less than it should have been.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,699 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My DD likes an Easter egg hunt too. We do it in the house though!

I like 360. It's nice that they gave joined so they know where you are too. If you were doing something secretly, you have the option to switch off location services too. 

Hope you've had a lovely Easter and enjoy your time off. X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleased you sorted the location situation with the phone  out.

Lovely that you're continuing with the Easter egg hunt, first year I think one has not been done here. DS and DIL were ill and I'd just sent them one egg each and for DD,  it was her 21st birthday Easter Sunday and she went away for it. 

Glad you've now got some time off from one of the jobs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback